Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
kirk st. moritz
09 Jan 10 13:16
| Topic/replies: 783 | Blogger: kirk st. moritz's blog
In the last week Steinbeck has been nibbled at in the 2000 Guineas market ... both Laddies and Billies shortened him up. Could any plans be forming at Ballydoyle? Laddies in particular are not quoting for St Nick unless you ring for a price ... mmm.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 24  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 24 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 949
By:
Le Sorcier
When: 09 Jan 10 13:26
Nothing sinister in that.

Pretty obvious that St Nicholas Abbey won't run in the 2000 Guineas and Steinbeck is likely to be their choice.
By:
zilzal1
When: 09 Jan 10 13:30
Probably because most racing has been off for the last week and people have been backing ante post instead??
By:
push
When: 09 Jan 10 14:02
Got a SJames sports preview today, and they are tipping Steinbeck for the 2000G. Notice that SJ are the shortest at 9-1.
By:
push
When: 09 Jan 10 14:08
12-1 still available with 4 firms , and one of those wont let you put more than £50 on.
By:
FatoteSport
When: 09 Jan 10 14:10
zilzal1 spot on
By:
fuzzyone
When: 09 Jan 10 14:35
It is no secret how much ballydoyle rate this horse and expect it to perform way above the level of form it has shown so far.
By:
jamesp
When: 09 Jan 10 15:24
I get the impression that they rate St Nicholas Abbey even more highly than Steinbeck, and I'll be surprised if they don't run SNA in a Guineas (English or French), as he has loads of pace and a terrific turn of foot.
By:
jamesp
When: 09 Jan 10 15:26
As for Laddies, I suspect that the reason they're not quoting SNA for the Guineas (except on request) is simply because they don't want to lay him - if they wanted to 'get' him they'd be quoting him in their list.
By:
kirk st. moritz
When: 09 Jan 10 15:32
Dont agree with you there think they are the most honest firm with regards to including runners and not including who they perceive to be non runners.
By:
zilzal1
When: 09 Jan 10 15:35
Wonder why someone just doesnt e mail Laddies to ask them?
By:
Ernie__Bert
When: 09 Jan 10 15:39
Ladbrokes are in the know, always watch their moves. Incidentally Cape Blanco will figure at the head of the market come May.
By:
kirk st. moritz
When: 09 Jan 10 15:45
Laddies are the ONLY firm other than Ch@ndlers to not include another Ballydoyle horse in a Classic, Lillie Langtry in the 1000 Guineas. Now where following the 'trying to get a non runner logic' does this fit in especially where Special Duty looks a good thing?

St Nick backers need to be worried imo.
By:
kirk st. moritz
When: 09 Jan 10 15:47
Are all the other firms as honest over Lillie Langtry as Laddies and Ch@ndlers?
By:
kirk st. moritz
When: 09 Jan 10 15:50
If Laddies want to get a runner they go 10/1 Voy Por Ustedes the Ryanair.

If they dont want to take much liability they quote but shorter than others as seem to remember they did with George Washington.
By:
kirk st. moritz
When: 09 Jan 10 15:54
Laddies go only 2/1 St Nick the Derby (4/14 bookies quote 2s the rest higher) where most go 9/4, 5/2 for example as they dont want liabilities for that unless they are short priced.
By:
Dark Destroyer
When: 09 Jan 10 16:00
Why not just concentrate on your own opinions and evaluation of the form and stop worrying about what the big firms "know"?
By:
kirk st. moritz
When: 09 Jan 10 16:03
Do you like backing potential non runners antepost ? ... totally relevant to an antepost forum.
By:
Dark Destroyer
When: 09 Jan 10 16:12
Every ante-post bet has to include an element of assessing how likely a horse is to show up. Taking into account the vagaries of going, potential alternative targets and connections giving mis-leading information in the racing press the question of whether or not any firm does or does not quote a horse or takes a slightly different view from the herd is barely on my radar. Far more important factors to consider.
By:
kirk st. moritz
When: 09 Jan 10 16:13
Following the same logic if they think St Nick will run and win the Derby why dont they remove him from their lists so they dont lay him instead of going shortest if they think he is a good thing (as people are claiming is the reason they dont quote him the 2000 Guineas)?

Logically and on all evidence above they genuinely dont think he will run in the 2000 Guineas.
By:
Spirit
When: 09 Jan 10 17:02
I would say in my opinion, that laddies get it right more times than they are wrong and it would be a consideration if I was backing him now.
By:
Augustine
When: 09 Jan 10 17:20
Kirk, you're obviously desperate for Steinbeck to run at Newmarket but why not just wait and see what happens?
By:
kirk st. moritz
When: 09 Jan 10 17:27
Augustine Steinbeck will run at Newmarket as he is a miler definitely not a stayer .. it is a question of whether St Nick runs as well.
By:
push
When: 09 Jan 10 19:01
Aiden has said Steinbeck will be aimed at the Guineas.
By:
rothko
When: 09 Jan 10 19:38
Kirky speculating ;)
By:
fuzzyone
When: 09 Jan 10 19:48
Clearly not trying to influence connections ;) :D
By:
rothko
When: 09 Jan 10 19:50
must have got a big price imo :)
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 09 Jan 10 19:56
Come on Steinbeck ;)
By:
kirk st. moritz
When: 09 Jan 10 20:00
It is and always has been Steinbeck's target, I play fair ;)

However it is not a definite target of St Nick.
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 09 Jan 10 20:38
On balance kirk I think they'll let him take his chance in the race as his prep for Epsom.

I recall the comments of Michael Tabor as last season closed out.
By:
kirk st. moritz
When: 09 Jan 10 20:40
Think they will see how he measures up against the milers at home before deciding as the Dewhurst they have a tremendous yardstick.
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 09 Jan 10 20:49
Steinbeck and Fencing Master nailed on for the Guineas kirk, Beethoven to be fair they should let him take his chance too.

St Nicholas Abbey and Jan Vermeer they could send to Epsom via other routes - the Derrinstown and Dante for example.

I think you're right in terms of them looking at SNA and how fit he is early season. Having watched him as a 2YO he clearly has enough speed to win a Guineas, but I'd love to see Steinbeck win it for his father who was, imo, a truly superb Guineas winner.
By:
zilzal1
When: 09 Jan 10 21:12
SOF, do you fancy anything for the Boat Race this year??? ;-)
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 09 Jan 10 21:23
33/1 its called off due to the Thames being completely frozen zilzal ;)
By:
ben10
When: 09 Jan 10 21:26
Steinbeck my first choice but everyone forgets about Cape Blanco :(
By:
ben10
When: 09 Jan 10 21:27
Apart from the Sesame Street guy who I've never sene before :p
By:
ben10
When: 09 Jan 10 21:27
*scene
By:
ben10
When: 09 Jan 10 21:28
*seen ffs confusing myself
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 09 Jan 10 21:37
ben a general request here from the majority of the Forum - can you try and sober up a bit before you post on here please. Thanks ;)
By:
ben10
When: 09 Jan 10 21:45
Sorry that was all over the place, didn't check the thread properly in the first place, my spelling is by and large good I feel too! What do you reckon to Cape Blanco then? Not been over faced but I think on decent ground he's a player with scope for the future on breeding as well as form.
Page 1 of 24  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 24 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com