Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SOULDANCER
06 Apr 10 06:50
| Topic/replies: 2,846 | Blogger: SOULDANCER's blog
Anyone know where I can find this information? I know it's out there, racing journo's have it.
Pause Switch to Standard View Horses gelded since last run
Show More
Report Me2 April 6, 2010 8:36 AM BST
This question was asked on the forum that I'm a member of last year. Seems they get it from Weatherbys? Timeform get it from Weatherbys as well? Us plebs can't access it? There doesn't seem to be an obligation to report this, so sometimes the first time people find out is when the horse is in the parade ring, or I think on one occasion a few months ago, in the winner's enclosure.
Report Me2 April 6, 2010 8:50 AM BST
Found the RP article.

Geldings who won as 'entires' spark probe
By Ed Watson 6:36PM 9 DEC 2009

THE BHA is to investigate why racegoers and punters were left unaware Danum Dancer had been gelded before he won at Southwell on Tuesday before deciding if amendment is needed to the procedure for trainers informing them of the operation.

The Neville Bycroft-trained five-year-old's victory was the second high-profile example in a week of a horse winning who had undergone a gelding operation - often cited as a means of improving performance - while still officially registered as a colt or entire.

Paul Struthers, the BHA's media relations manager, said due consideration would be given to both Danum Dancer's case and that of the Linda Jewell-trained R Woody, a 100-1 winner at Southwell on December 5 on his first run since a gelding operation, but still listed as a colt at the time.

Struthers said: "Danum Dancer has been running as entire when we know now that he isn't one. Mr Bycroft said he informed us of the change by completing the necessary paperwork at the time.

"That is something we will look into to establish if there has been oversight on our part. Once we know, we can then consider whether any amendment to the current procedure is necessary."
Report SOULDANCER April 6, 2010 9:59 AM BST
Cheers Me2,
Total disgrace that we can't get this information. Sir Louis won yesterday and Quasi Congaree 20-1 won the week before, both after being gelded. I only knew because either Spotlight or Timeform mentioned it.
Report notenough April 6, 2010 10:05 AM BST
If you can't read form thats your fault.
Report SOULDANCER April 6, 2010 10:32 AM BST
notenough,
yes well, I find it difficult to remember every horse that's an entire so I'll know if it's recently been gelded. Obviously it's no problem for a genius like you.
Report Me2 April 6, 2010 10:32 AM BST
All you'll get is that the horse is a gelding currently. When you look at a previous race, there is no mention of whether the horse is a colt or a gelding, so it has nothing to do with reading the form.
Report Equimine.co.uk April 6, 2010 10:47 AM BST
FYI,

Gelded first time out today are Avongate (FLass 4.35) and Hindu Kush (FLass 4.05)
Report sandysboy April 6, 2010 12:02 PM BST
Know for deffo was in Racing Post Spotlight about Sir Louis
Report Rowley Mile April 6, 2010 12:32 PM BST
R woody had one after his run in september 09 and bolted up at 100-1 in december 09, were connections even on though ? The public were still giving out stink about not having the info.
Report Rowley Mile April 6, 2010 12:37 PM BST
sorry just noticed it already mentioned.
Report duncan idaho April 6, 2010 3:22 PM BST
'If you can't read form thats your fault.'

I see we have another forum knowall/d ick in our midst
Report lordnoise April 6, 2010 6:07 PM BST
Should have
Report ben10 April 6, 2010 6:10 PM BST
:^0
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539