Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Meat Loaf
29 Mar 10 16:58
| Topic/replies: 218 | Blogger: Meat Loaf's blog
No rain forecasted from saturday onwards. Gives a whole week to dry up
Pause Switch to Standard View GRAND NATIONAL GROUND WILL BE GOOD TO...
Show More
Report Far From Trouble March 29, 2010 5:58 PM BST
Yep, British weather forecasts are well known for their reliability
Report amaru March 29, 2010 6:02 PM BST
Depends which forecast you look at also. The forecast I looked at suggested a stack of rain on Monday with a little bit on the Tuesday and Thursday.
Report lordnoise March 29, 2010 6:06 PM BST
Same as for Cheltenham - whatever happens they will water to make sure the ground is on the soft side of good for horse welfare reasons.
Report Meat Loaf March 31, 2010 7:28 PM BST
dry all next week
Report abbott March 31, 2010 8:36 PM BST
lordnoise thats nonsense
Report darkie returns March 31, 2010 8:46 PM BST
dead ground at aintree worse than soft. rain til early next week then dry=dead ground.
Report Fastbearform March 31, 2010 8:48 PM BST
There's plenty of rain forecast between now and the middle of next week. I would hazard a guess at soft/ soft heavy/ heavy. Would be great if we had genuine heavy ground for a change. Nice soft landings for all the horses and hopefully no fatalities. :)
Report lordnoise March 31, 2010 8:53 PM BST
From last year abbott :

The going on the Grand National course remains good, good to soft in places after another overcast day. Between three and six millimetres of water were put on the course today (30 March 2009).

The Mildmay and Hurdles courses have good going. These two courses were watered yesterday and more water will be applied selectively tomorrow.

Andrew Tulloch, the Aintree clerk of the course, will assess the situation tomorrow evening to see if more watering is necessary.

!!!!!
Report Fastbearform March 31, 2010 8:55 PM BST
Won't need the pipes this year! Well.... I hope not, anyway.
Report Meat Loaf March 31, 2010 8:58 PM BST
I repeat the going will be good to soft by Saturday if not good (good to soft in places).

There is no reain forecasted from Monday.
Report metro john March 31, 2010 9:38 PM BST
you dont know!
Report undertaker April 2, 2010 7:17 AM BST
The forecast I have seen predicts heavy rain on Monday followed by light rain Tuesday and Wednesday, then dry from Thursday onwards.

Soft at best imo.
Report Scampydog April 2, 2010 8:08 AM BST
Long-range (any further than the next 2-3 days) weather forecasts are pretty much total guesswork.

The fact is no-one knows what the weather will be like from Monday onwards & certainly not what it'll be like Thursday onwards. Could pour down on those days & be a bog. Could be sunny & windy & everyone will be talking about how fast Aintree dries.

My guess is that it'll rain next week & be soft or worse but it's just a guess like everyone else.
Report flyingbolt April 2, 2010 9:34 AM BST
Fastbearform

Lqast time we had a heavy ground National only 2 horses got round without mishap. H

How is that "great" from a horse welfare perspective or any other ?
Report Meat Loaf April 2, 2010 11:22 AM BST
Good to soft by saturday without doubt
Report zilzal1 April 2, 2010 11:25 AM BST
And they cant remount this year, someone said on the aintree forum that the nanny were offering 100-1 three finishers or less although i cant see this anywhere
Report SOULDANCER April 2, 2010 11:52 AM BST
Blu Sq.. Official Going. Grand National.
6-4 Good To Soft
2-1 Soft
4-1 Heavy
9-2 Good
Report zilzal1 April 2, 2010 11:56 AM BST
Interesting, although you have to take the"Political side of what he will calk it"

Turftrax give 3.8 as a reading for the course, which is very soft
Report trev w April 2, 2010 11:57 AM BST
true zil.....prefer to see how the topham rides..than any official word...
Report SOULDANCER April 2, 2010 12:07 PM BST
At odds with all those talking heavy ground though, and there's enough of them.
Report zilzal1 April 2, 2010 12:11 PM BST
Soul, its probably because unless it resembles the Somme he will call it soft............
Report Meat Loaf April 2, 2010 12:20 PM BST
Why won't people listen to me. Liverpool is getting no rain from Monday onwards
Report SOULDANCER April 2, 2010 12:27 PM BST
zilzal, I can't find any evidence to support that. When it was heavy it was Officially called heavy. Also wouldn't argue with any Official call on the ground at Aintree other years. If it was Cheltenham, I'd agree.
Report lordnoise April 2, 2010 12:34 PM BST
The fact that its heavy at Haydock 20 miles West of Aintree gives an indication of what were dealing with.
Report zilzal1 April 2, 2010 12:38 PM BST
Soul, things have changed a lot since 2001

If you look at Turftrax, his current reading of 4.9 on the mildmay is given as soft(g/s in places) Now look at the History and you will see just two ticks below at 4.7 a description of soft9Heavy in places)

the current reading for the National course is the lowest on record there, and i cant see it being anything other than heavy at todays reading
Report SOULDANCER April 2, 2010 12:50 PM BST
zilzal, so are you saying the real going will be heavy on the day and Blu Sq are off with their prices. Cos 2-1 soft 4-1 heavy must look nice in that case.
Report zilzal1 April 2, 2010 12:54 PM BST
Its now 4/5 Good to Soft 9/4 soft 5/1 Good and 7/1 Heavy

Doesnt add up with those readings
Report zilzal1 April 2, 2010 12:55 PM BST
BTW, if it does rain heavily next week you wont get 4/5 for under 13 finishers as the current price...........
Report thePunterwithnoMONEY April 2, 2010 1:08 PM BST
who cares what the ground is like
Report SOULDANCER April 2, 2010 1:12 PM BST
Those odds are getting too interesting now and are at odds with most on here. I think he'll call the ground as it is. No reason not to. Doesn't have to protect himself, it's not as if he'll be watering.
Report flyingbolt April 2, 2010 1:12 PM BST
That'll be why you have no money I would think.
Report undertaker April 3, 2010 9:14 AM BST
Check out the max stakes allowed before getting too excited Souldancer!
Report zilzal1 April 3, 2010 9:20 AM BST
Flip Flop, 4/5 soft now
Report SOULDANCER April 3, 2010 9:22 AM BST
undertaker, not interested on betting on going, just fed up with soft, heavy ground talk.
Report zilzal1 April 3, 2010 9:45 AM BST
They probably took a score on soft at 9/4 and a fiver on Heavy at 7/1
Report Horsesforcourses April 3, 2010 1:55 PM BST
Aintree clerk of the course Andrew Tulloch expects conditions to improve ahead of the three-day fixture, which commences on Thursday.

He said: "The ground should dry out a bit further during the week.

"The Grand National course is basically soft, heavy by the Canal Turn and Valentine's - it's always a bit easier down there.

"The majority of the rest of the course is lovely jumping ground (soft, good to soft in places).

"I would have thought we would be around good to soft by Saturday."
Report Looksliketrouble April 3, 2010 1:58 PM BST
nice dry day on merseyside past couple of days been good, sun out today and warm wind, still very soft in the local park
Report proctor strikes April 3, 2010 5:22 PM BST
whatever drying out was done earlier today, was ruined by a heavy shower rain and hail about 1hr ago. The clerk may call its good to soft, but it will be a bog
Report trev w April 3, 2010 5:25 PM BST
cheers proc..keep us posted

how are you ? not seen much of you of late..
Report proctor strikes April 3, 2010 7:21 PM BST
kept away really from forum as much as poss to be honest, was posting too much and getting too involved, and losing sight of the target! much more profitable. Check in now and again for any 'news' items i may have missed.

local footy games this weekend abandoned due to waterlogged pitches, that says it all.
Report zilzal1 April 3, 2010 7:25 PM BST
He hasnt given a stick reading since Weds!!, mmm my experience with monitoring clerks might suggest it resembles Agincourt
Report proctor strikes April 3, 2010 7:41 PM BST
trust me this will be bog heavy ground, we havnt had rain like this consitently before a national since Red Maurader, it very much reminds of that type of weather. g'teed to need bog larks, it will be at the very best tacky, after a couple of days racing.
Report Meat Loaf April 3, 2010 7:45 PM BST
proctor. Although haydock was officially heavy today i have it on good authority it was riding soft.
Report Julius Caesar ( JC 100 BC ) April 3, 2010 7:58 PM BST
I see the 4cast has changed again. More heavy rain on wednesday. Load up on the horses wearing wellies :^0
Report Meat Loaf April 4, 2010 1:29 PM BST
I repeat the ground will be no worse than good to softy. How many flaming times do i have to tell you?!
Report enjbenjy April 4, 2010 2:22 PM BST
It's been sunny last two days and windy too.
Report undertaker April 5, 2010 6:53 AM BST
Nice dryish forecast now.

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Liverpool-UKXX0083
Report fact find April 5, 2010 9:30 AM BST
Interesting that any reference to the going stick has disappeared from information given by Aintree. Good to Soft my rsole
Report proctor strikes April 5, 2010 10:39 AM BST
rained locallly from about 5am to 7am this morning, now strong winds interspersed. Horibble day.
Report town moor April 5, 2010 11:26 AM BST
Proctor get out in the yard and start rain dancing please!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com