Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Meat Loaf
29 Mar 10 17:58
| Topic/replies: 3,367 | Blogger: Meat Loaf's blog
No rain forecasted from saturday onwards. Gives a whole week to dry up

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 50
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 29 Mar 10 17:58
Yep, British weather forecasts are well known for their reliability
By:
amaru
When: 29 Mar 10 18:02
Depends which forecast you look at also. The forecast I looked at suggested a stack of rain on Monday with a little bit on the Tuesday and Thursday.
By:
lordnoise
When: 29 Mar 10 18:06
Same as for Cheltenham - whatever happens they will water to make sure the ground is on the soft side of good for horse welfare reasons.
By:
Meat Loaf
When: 31 Mar 10 19:28
dry all next week
By:
abbott
When: 31 Mar 10 20:36
lordnoise thats nonsense
By:
darkie returns
When: 31 Mar 10 20:46
dead ground at aintree worse than soft. rain til early next week then dry=dead ground.
By:
Fastbearform
When: 31 Mar 10 20:48
There's plenty of rain forecast between now and the middle of next week. I would hazard a guess at soft/ soft heavy/ heavy. Would be great if we had genuine heavy ground for a change. Nice soft landings for all the horses and hopefully no fatalities. :)
By:
lordnoise
When: 31 Mar 10 20:53
From last year abbott :

The going on the Grand National course remains good, good to soft in places after another overcast day. Between three and six millimetres of water were put on the course today (30 March 2009).

The Mildmay and Hurdles courses have good going. These two courses were watered yesterday and more water will be applied selectively tomorrow.

Andrew Tulloch, the Aintree clerk of the course, will assess the situation tomorrow evening to see if more watering is necessary.

!!!!!
By:
Fastbearform
When: 31 Mar 10 20:55
Won't need the pipes this year! Well.... I hope not, anyway.
By:
Meat Loaf
When: 31 Mar 10 20:58
I repeat the going will be good to soft by Saturday if not good (good to soft in places).

There is no reain forecasted from Monday.
By:
metro john
When: 31 Mar 10 21:38
you dont know!
By:
undertaker
When: 02 Apr 10 07:17
The forecast I have seen predicts heavy rain on Monday followed by light rain Tuesday and Wednesday, then dry from Thursday onwards.

Soft at best imo.
By:
Scampydog
When: 02 Apr 10 08:08
Long-range (any further than the next 2-3 days) weather forecasts are pretty much total guesswork.

The fact is no-one knows what the weather will be like from Monday onwards & certainly not what it'll be like Thursday onwards. Could pour down on those days & be a bog. Could be sunny & windy & everyone will be talking about how fast Aintree dries.

My guess is that it'll rain next week & be soft or worse but it's just a guess like everyone else.
By:
flyingbolt
When: 02 Apr 10 09:34
Fastbearform

Lqast time we had a heavy ground National only 2 horses got round without mishap. H

How is that "great" from a horse welfare perspective or any other ?
By:
Meat Loaf
When: 02 Apr 10 11:22
Good to soft by saturday without doubt
By:
zilzal1
When: 02 Apr 10 11:25
And they cant remount this year, someone said on the aintree forum that the nanny were offering 100-1 three finishers or less although i cant see this anywhere
By:
SOULDANCER
When: 02 Apr 10 11:52
Blu Sq.. Official Going. Grand National.
6-4 Good To Soft
2-1 Soft
4-1 Heavy
9-2 Good
By:
zilzal1
When: 02 Apr 10 11:56
Interesting, although you have to take the"Political side of what he will calk it"

Turftrax give 3.8 as a reading for the course, which is very soft
By:
trev w
When: 02 Apr 10 11:57
true zil.....prefer to see how the topham rides..than any official word...
By:
SOULDANCER
When: 02 Apr 10 12:07
At odds with all those talking heavy ground though, and there's enough of them.
By:
zilzal1
When: 02 Apr 10 12:11
Soul, its probably because unless it resembles the Somme he will call it soft............
By:
Meat Loaf
When: 02 Apr 10 12:20
Why won't people listen to me. Liverpool is getting no rain from Monday onwards
By:
SOULDANCER
When: 02 Apr 10 12:27
zilzal, I can't find any evidence to support that. When it was heavy it was Officially called heavy. Also wouldn't argue with any Official call on the ground at Aintree other years. If it was Cheltenham, I'd agree.
By:
lordnoise
When: 02 Apr 10 12:34
The fact that its heavy at Haydock 20 miles West of Aintree gives an indication of what were dealing with.
By:
zilzal1
When: 02 Apr 10 12:38
Soul, things have changed a lot since 2001

If you look at Turftrax, his current reading of 4.9 on the mildmay is given as soft(g/s in places) Now look at the History and you will see just two ticks below at 4.7 a description of soft9Heavy in places)

the current reading for the National course is the lowest on record there, and i cant see it being anything other than heavy at todays reading
By:
SOULDANCER
When: 02 Apr 10 12:50
zilzal, so are you saying the real going will be heavy on the day and Blu Sq are off with their prices. Cos 2-1 soft 4-1 heavy must look nice in that case.
By:
zilzal1
When: 02 Apr 10 12:54
Its now 4/5 Good to Soft 9/4 soft 5/1 Good and 7/1 Heavy

Doesnt add up with those readings
By:
zilzal1
When: 02 Apr 10 12:55
BTW, if it does rain heavily next week you wont get 4/5 for under 13 finishers as the current price...........
By:
thePunterwithnoMONEY
When: 02 Apr 10 13:08
who cares what the ground is like
By:
SOULDANCER
When: 02 Apr 10 13:12
Those odds are getting too interesting now and are at odds with most on here. I think he'll call the ground as it is. No reason not to. Doesn't have to protect himself, it's not as if he'll be watering.
By:
flyingbolt
When: 02 Apr 10 13:12
That'll be why you have no money I would think.
By:
undertaker
When: 03 Apr 10 09:14
Check out the max stakes allowed before getting too excited Souldancer!
By:
zilzal1
When: 03 Apr 10 09:20
Flip Flop, 4/5 soft now
By:
SOULDANCER
When: 03 Apr 10 09:22
undertaker, not interested on betting on going, just fed up with soft, heavy ground talk.
By:
zilzal1
When: 03 Apr 10 09:45
They probably took a score on soft at 9/4 and a fiver on Heavy at 7/1
By:
Horsesforcourses
When: 03 Apr 10 13:55
Aintree clerk of the course Andrew Tulloch expects conditions to improve ahead of the three-day fixture, which commences on Thursday.

He said: "The ground should dry out a bit further during the week.

"The Grand National course is basically soft, heavy by the Canal Turn and Valentine's - it's always a bit easier down there.

"The majority of the rest of the course is lovely jumping ground (soft, good to soft in places).

"I would have thought we would be around good to soft by Saturday."
By:
Looksliketrouble
When: 03 Apr 10 13:58
nice dry day on merseyside past couple of days been good, sun out today and warm wind, still very soft in the local park
By:
proctor strikes
When: 03 Apr 10 17:22
whatever drying out was done earlier today, was ruined by a heavy shower rain and hail about 1hr ago. The clerk may call its good to soft, but it will be a bog
By:
trev w
When: 03 Apr 10 17:25
cheers proc..keep us posted

how are you ? not seen much of you of late..
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com