Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
clacton
08 Nov 21 18:34
| Topic/replies: 2,246 | Blogger: clacton's blog
Time to close this joke track. Delays after delays.
What a shambles.
Pause Switch to Standard View Delay at Towcester
Show More
Report Ravage Again November 8, 2021 6:39 PM GMT
The second dog from the last race in the previous meeting is still trying to work out how you pass something at the fourth bend Laugh
Report clacton November 8, 2021 7:26 PM GMT
Only had about 3 races. Another hare problem.
Report SlippyBlue November 9, 2021 12:28 PM GMT
I'm going there on Saturday, can't wait.

Laugh
Report clacton November 9, 2021 12:43 PM GMT
Good luck.
Report SlippyBlue November 9, 2021 1:10 PM GMT
Cheers Clacton, it's just a social thing in the restaurant with my bro and a few others, for something to do more than anything else really.

I'm certainly not going to get too much involved punting wise that's for certain.
Report Ravage Again November 9, 2021 6:48 PM GMT
Good job the cooker not manufactured by the company that made the hare Laugh
Report Ravage Again November 9, 2021 6:48 PM GMT
Good job the cooker not manufactured by the company that made the hare Laugh
Report Ravage Again November 9, 2021 6:49 PM GMT
If so would be salads all a round Shocked
Report go racing November 9, 2021 7:24 PM GMT
Still can't quite work out why they get strung out 10 lengths 1st to last from the first to second bends without a touch.
If this was the last track left i'd go horseracing, pathetic attempt at a new circuit!
Report SlippyBlue November 10, 2021 12:43 PM GMT
I know exactly what you mean g.r. I cannot for the life of me work the track out at all either.

I don't think many can though to be fair.
Report SlippyBlue November 13, 2021 10:00 AM GMT
Not only is the restaurant tonight not doing a la carte, it's a sodding hot and cold buffet, I've just been on to Betfair as to why the meeting isn't on their exchange menu and they've decided,in their infinite wisdom, that they won't be covering Towcester this evening.

Happy days.

Sad
Report ItsMeSwaddle November 13, 2021 4:52 PM GMT
A la farte.
Report SlippyBlue November 14, 2021 3:54 PM GMT
On the way to the track it soon becomes apparent that not one single firm is covering the meeting so that's any early show and B.O.G. out of the window for starters.I

Into the " Empress" suite/ restaurant, which is fine for what it is and there is a balcony to go outside to watch the racing in the distance or rather the big screen which was situated in front of the stand so that was fine.

So I ask the chica who appeared to be in charge of proceedings where the bookmakers were situated. I may as well have been speaking in Cantonese as she didn't understand the question. After twice explaining that " the tote girls " were not really bookmakers as such I simply gave up and had a wander around for myself.

The first race was a graded 8 bend affair so that interested me enough to seek out the layers which I found in the ground floor bar, there were two of them. One was representing  Nigel Flowers who I knew from my Milton Keynes days and another firm whose name escapes me just now.

So they price up the first on their digital boards, both shows identical of course. The dogs are approaching and I innocently assumed that the market would take shape from the opening 149% book. Sadly this wasn't the case as there was no change to any prices. I went up to one of them and said did he actually comprehend that he was betting to a flapping track price percentage namely 149%? And how did he possibly expect anyone to get involved in that nonsense?

Dude just shrugged his shoulders and muttered something to his oppo about what I had just said and basically calling me a 'see you next Tuesday'm what I could gather, so that was fine, I'm obviously not going to have a bet of any sort all evening, the tote pools were averaging around the 300 quid mark for win, place and forecast for those patrons interested in that.

Onto the hot and cold buffet, actually it wasn't that bad. Beef bourginon or a chicken curry which was fine and plenty of cold meats, salads, pasta and so on.  A 5/10 job I would suppose at a push but it was OK.

The racing itself was a soulless experience and that's me being generous.

If I did go again it would be for a Sunday afternoon such as today and I would be more than alright with that but Saturday evening is not one for a repeat visit.
Report Ravage Again November 14, 2021 3:58 PM GMT
So the total amount staked on the win pool on the tote was 300 quid per race

Gulp

And the bookies betting to 149 per cent

Double gulp
Report Ravage Again November 14, 2021 4:02 PM GMT
Though looking at to price returns we’re 122 per cent so that’s ok

I guess the track prices and the rp off course made up prices are different?
Report SlippyBlue November 14, 2021 4:07 PM GMT
I only looked  at the first race R.A. I didn't go downstairs after that to be honest. The first race was showing what I said at the off, I've no idea what the S.P. returners are upto.
Report sparrow November 14, 2021 4:13 PM GMT
As you said slippy, flapping track stuff.
Report Ravage Again November 14, 2021 4:14 PM GMT
Yer I think the track prices and the industry return sp prices are totally different now

Must be as I added up the first race industry so price from the racing post result

So basically the track bookmakers are shafting the track race goers

Come racing Laugh
Report sparrow November 14, 2021 4:30 PM GMT
I never go to any track horse racing or dogs without my phone for using betfair.
Report SlippyBlue November 14, 2021 4:35 PM GMT
Indeed sparrow, imagine how I felt being at a dog track and unable to have a bet ! Laugh

It wasn't as if I could just sink a few beers and get a bit merry as I don't drink anymore!
Report sparrow November 14, 2021 4:43 PM GMT
Same here slippy, haven't touched the stuff for 12 years now due to stomach problems.
Report clacton November 14, 2021 4:44 PM GMT
Glad you enjoyed the night Slippy  Wink
Report sparrow November 14, 2021 5:08 PM GMT
If I'd have been going to that meeting this afternoon I would have given the first 6 races a miss being 2 benders. Cry
Report Ravage Again November 14, 2021 5:25 PM GMT
Nice a 4-6 nap

Must have been up all night finding that one Laugh
Report LoyalHoncho November 15, 2021 2:07 AM GMT
Thanks Slippy.
Btw, I very much like the look of the bitch Havana Bale Out who won on Sunday.  Young and full of top class promise.  And Smurfs at last boxed out at Towcester.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com