Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
go racing
07 Oct 21 12:03
| Topic/replies: 675 | Blogger: go racing's blog
Hoping that the new RM whoever he is or Entain see sense and get the Romford camera moved to the judges box.

I'll start it off ....

Best Sheffield
Worst Romford
Pause Switch to Standard View Best and WORST camera angles in the...
Show More
Report wondersobright October 7, 2021 12:47 PM BST
sittingbourne top 3 worst
Report ItsMeSwaddle October 7, 2021 2:36 PM BST
Romford a farce.

That’s all I really have to say.

Nobody should be applauded for having a god one it’s common sense
Report LoyalHoncho October 7, 2021 3:44 PM BST
The "head on" in the studio, facing the "pundits/presenters".  With the sound on.
Report Czechbet October 7, 2021 4:43 PM BST
agree Romford is one of the biggest FY to punters and owners ever
Report go racing October 12, 2021 1:02 PM BST
Shakin Stevens on the camera this morning....all over the place!
Report wondersobright May 19, 2022 12:49 PM BST
sittingbourne 12.46 race Shocked
Report casemoney May 19, 2022 5:38 PM BST
Monmore a strange Angle
Report casemoney May 19, 2022 5:44 PM BST
Shelbourne as well
Report dr . atkins May 19, 2022 6:39 PM BST
more people punting at romford now then ever before on graded so work that out
Report Winja May 20, 2022 12:46 PM BST
all you need to do is back trap 6 on a saturday morning and you get a weeks wages.....whatever the weather Laugh
Report sparrow May 20, 2022 4:54 PM BST
Vincent Videos showed them how.
Report wondersobright May 23, 2022 2:01 PM BST
greyhound star today...new camera angle @ romford imminent

doesn't say if it will be better or worse tho Laugh
Report irishone May 24, 2022 5:03 AM BST
Laugh
Report casemoney May 29, 2022 7:47 PM BST
Straight in at Number 1  Henlow

Result 6 2 4  Laugh
Report now wheres that switch!!! May 29, 2022 8:07 PM BST
thats not a bad angle, that is someone for whatever reason wanting to call the incorrect result. Nowhere at any point is 2 in front of 4 from 50 yards short of the line to 50 after it
Report casemoney May 29, 2022 9:35 PM BST
If you look at the Line when Dogs parading it Looks bang straight across the Track to the other point. , How 2 can be in front beggars belief , regardless of WTF is going on,  a Print should be available when the result is called and MUST be shown after every race ,what is the problem doing that ?  The carry on in this sport is little short of Pathetic . The gravy mob shouting about Clocks

GET A FOOOKING PRINT UP ,NEVER MIND CLOCKS .
Report LoyalHoncho May 30, 2022 12:12 AM BST
Exactly!  Root and branch surgery required from top to bottom of the game.
Report sparrow May 30, 2022 8:17 AM BST
Just looked for the first time at the video and stopped it on the line so no doubt in my mind that the incorrect result was called. Some years ago a similar incident occurred at Henlow with a dodgy call and I contacted RPGTV who forwarded my query to Jim Cremin who told me that they eventually told him that the camera was not exactly on the line!. Unfortunately I no longer have the email to prove that.
Report sparrow May 30, 2022 12:03 PM BST
Found the email from 30/8/2014

It was debated the other night and this is a tweeted image from Jim Austin (hope it comes over).
I was reporting on the meeting for the Racing Post and went up to the stewards' box to check the picture.. It was actually far clearer on their monitor and T5 had won, there was a definite gap back to T6.
It is a little confusing initially, in terms of working out which head was which, but, no doubt, it was winner T5.

For what it's worth I was stood on the line and had no definite opinion as to who had won other than thinking it was on the nod. I felt the Colonel''s enthusiasm for T6 was partly driven by general support for such a tremendous local dog and battling performance, but it had just failed.

One issue is getting broadcast quality of prints as that is more the problem here;  it is something we are looking at and I will take up with RPGTV directors.

The quality of the picture is fine - in the judge's box!
It is as much our task as the track's to have the equipment that can pick up the image.
I'm afraid video cameras are not on the line and this was one of those where the result changed on or momentarily after it.
Report casemoney May 30, 2022 6:11 PM BST
Games a Joke Sparrow at the City Print was displayed straight after the Race ,40 years on we cannot see a print ,I sent an email in Don't know if they read it out, No one gives a flying is the Problem,
as long as the Cheque arrives its all ok .
Report sparrow May 30, 2022 6:40 PM BST
When you send an email case you can ask them if that matter in 2014 regarding quality of prints at Henlow was taken up with the RPGTV directors.  And you can quote Jim Cremin who exchanged several emails with me over this problem.
Report now wheres that switch!!! May 30, 2022 7:07 PM BST
More importantly, can they check who was on duty to call the wrong result and whether they had any financial interest for doing so..?
Report casemoney May 30, 2022 9:56 PM BST
The reply Sparrow from Tanya ,was they don't get Prints from Henlow Laugh Joke mate  , As stated mate no one gives a Flying .. If it was horse racing there would be Uproar ,  its bordering on fraud not to produce Evidence of a result Where its a close Finnish ?

How hard is it to send the print to the Studio by email and said print is shown on screen ?

Why is it not a rule that a Track receiving funding for their racing must be able to
Provide clear proof of all results .. If not Why not ? its unfathomable that it is not
a requirement for all race meetings , They sit in the Studio talking about Clocks at the
tracks , Half the time you can't see whats  Won never mind the time ..
Report HallGreenSpy May 30, 2022 10:28 PM BST
Gone are the days when you see a photo. Remember the days at Hall Green when they would actually bring the photo down for all to see. As has been said, decades on and we get nowt. All bollox
Report sparrow May 30, 2022 10:47 PM BST
Have to agree with all that you say case but I would still like to know if the RPGTV directors were contacted by Cremin as he said would do regarding the broadcasting of proper prints. The sport is now in serious decline and there seems to be no one with any control over the conduct and operations of the tracks. Whenever I tune in to a race above four bends I wonder whether the cameraman knows where the race finishes and more often than not he doesn't. If they can't get basic things like that right then it just shows the incompetence of those supposedly in charge of matters.
Report casemoney May 31, 2022 11:47 AM BST
The Likes of RPTV should insist any track its covering Provides Photo Evidence of results ,its unfathomable that they do not ..

I don't watch that much these Days so am Unsure what tracks do provide this much needed evidence ..

I cannot think of any other sport where photo evidence might be needed where it would not be shown ..

We have VAR Hawkeye in some sports , But our Sport cannot produce a Simple Photo print  .. Its shocking tbh 

No doubt they will be on Tonight With Trap 3 Tinas selection and another re run of the Great Derby Heats ...

Mistakes can and have been Made  , I remember the two Black dogs  it was like an Optical Illusion , Was only pointed

out when the Print was shown , that was back in the Sky Days .
Report sparrow May 31, 2022 1:18 PM BST
I also recall a wrong winner called in the Sky days memorable for the fact that the chief apologist Hobbs said that that the judge was correct until of course the judge had to correct the result. I would expect this at maybe a flapping track but not from a licensed one.
Report wondersobright May 31, 2022 4:19 PM BST
@ BV
Report now wheres that switch!!! June 13, 2022 7:13 PM BST
Henlow 6-17 last night. How are the track getting away with blatantly calling wrong results? Impossible to say 1 is in front of 2 anywhere near the line either before or after.
Report casemoney June 13, 2022 9:14 PM BST
Something wrong round there switch , 2 is Second  2nd time in a week PlainDid produce a print ?
Report now wheres that switch!!! June 13, 2022 9:19 PM BST
No print provided apparently. Race was hand timed suggesting photo equipment not working? But how can they be allowed to call two wrong results and nothing done about it?
Report casemoney June 13, 2022 9:57 PM BST
Report casemoney June 13, 2022 9:59 PM BST
on the slow mo it is quite clear what is 2nd if print not available why not call it on that ?
Report wondersobright June 14, 2022 12:34 PM BST
once is bad enough
twice is a pattern
Report now wheres that switch!!! June 14, 2022 12:44 PM BST
I mentioned it before wonders, are they vetting those calling these results for betting patterns etc? simply no other benefit to calling wrong results is there?
Report wondersobright June 14, 2022 3:06 PM BST
exactly
Report wondersobright June 14, 2022 3:07 PM BST
whatever is going on its a massive integrity issue
Report casemoney June 14, 2022 8:11 PM BST
What needs to be asked is how the presenters on RPGTV are not commenting on wtf is going on ? Astounding they have said Nothing  or not asked the track what is the Problem,  emailed the GBGB lets see if they Reply , I suggest for all concerned they Do ,Perhaps a few photos in a certain Paper asking the readers to guess the result might Liven things up , and throw some light on what is happening ,Will certainly throw some light on the
absolute Ignorance of some associated with this  Sport ,sitting behind their desk talking a load of shyte to ensure  the Kite arrives , Beyond words tbh  ..
Report casemoney June 14, 2022 8:16 PM BST
No reply as of yet .. We shall see
Report casemoney June 14, 2022 8:21 PM BST
I am wrong they did reply , They are requesting the photo finishes from the Track Plain Well Thats summat , But have stated Judges decision is Final  , But fair play for at least looking into it IMO ..
Report casemoney June 14, 2022 8:24 PM BST
Also stated the Camera is behind the Line and can give a distorted View ..
Report now wheres that switch!!! June 14, 2022 8:45 PM BST
At least they sound like they may look at it Case. They can try and say the camera is 20 yards before the line or 20 yards after, they still would not be able to place 1 ahead of 2 Laugh
Report casemoney June 14, 2022 8:55 PM BST
The chap who Replied is the Integrity Manager , I think once the RM has been contacted we may not be seeing weekly Distorted Photos Grin

No need for any of it Won , I emailed RPGTV   , Reply:  WE DON'T GET PRINTS FROM HENLOW

Not thanks for raising your concerns we will try to have a look into it ,Its like going into a shop buying something that don't work

Contacted customer service and being told to go and fook yourself Laugh
Report casemoney June 14, 2022 8:58 PM BST
I don't know whats going on Switch , but there is summat Amiss

The Attitude of the Mob on RPGTV doe's not help  ..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com