Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
21 Aug 21 00:06
| Topic/replies: 41,066 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
Watching race live  I though deffo had a go before line , But did he, 6 has took his ground and infact  had a look hhimself ,Machine is leaning on 6 to the line but the Point his head turns appears to be bang on the Line and the contact does not appear to be aggressive ,Infact its half a dozen of one for the last 20 meters ,Machine has deffo Dwelt  ,not Sure Jet has not also applied the breaks , I think that is a very harsh call TBH . Live I thought deffo fought
now,  I have seen a lot worse Plain
Show More
Report casemoney August 21, 2021 1:15 AM BST
Its certainly not aggressive interference ,after the Line they both appear to like each others company 3 goes by them but there is no tear up at any point ,I honestly think the dog should have been given the benefit of the Doubt ,Can Connections appeal , they must be gutted , Half Raving
yes , But not a fighter .. If we were to disco every raver be a shortage of dogs IMVHO
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 21, 2021 10:06 AM BST
Do the same next week take somelse dog out
Dq was right IMO
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 21, 2021 10:11 AM BST
https://twitter.com/nowso2k18/status/1428809470709207044?s=20
Report Winja August 21, 2021 10:27 AM BST
just watched the race and the incident section a few times from fattys link and i am very surprised the dog got the red card.....
Report Ravage Again August 21, 2021 10:39 AM BST
The dog turned it’s head and fought 100 % disqualification, even allowing for the fact it wanted to be on the inside

Easy decision to make

If it had been on the inside of t6 dog at the fourth bend it probably would not have fought, but that’s dog racing
Report Winja August 21, 2021 11:09 AM BST
where exactly did it fight????.......seriously watch again and tell me where....
Report Winja August 21, 2021 11:15 AM BST
watched and from 45 seconds.....slowed and leaned in........did not see head turn and did not really see deliberate interference as the dog he was leaning on won.......
Report now wheres that switch!!! August 21, 2021 11:15 AM BST
Have watched it several times… incredible decision to DQ. Hasn’t fought at all, looking for the inside and lugging about, but hasn’t at any stage been aggressive! Possibly the worst DQ decision that’s been made in years. Ulterior motive perhaps..?
Report Ravage Again August 21, 2021 12:09 PM BST
Go on then it’s 50 / 50 Laugh

Mebbys it blew a gasket
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 21, 2021 12:11 PM BST
Biggest raver in Ireland
Leaning over jet stop it from winning race outright with its behaviour on home straight
If he took no notice he would sailed past !!

No bang railer either
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y August 21, 2021 12:15 PM BST
Not getting into an argument whether it was right or wrong but it was only a matter of time, could and probably should have happened in the Kirby at Limerick.

However those saying he's looking for the inside, watch him in the Champion Stakes final when miles clear up the straight, he is nowhere near the inside and no interest in the rail.

Whether you agree with the decision or not he veered inwards towards the other dog, nothing else
Report now wheres that switch!!! August 21, 2021 12:18 PM BST
Trouble is consistency… far worse examples both in our derby and some of their heats already. Brave call from the stewards, but a wrong one based on all other similar examples.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y August 21, 2021 12:22 PM BST
Francie Murray's dog should have got the same treatment in heat 1 of round 1 then, connections of De Machine have a right to feel aggrevied they've gone and he didn't
Report MALAY August 21, 2021 1:33 PM BST
correct decision
Report casemoney August 21, 2021 2:02 PM BST
All about opinions ,when his head actually Turns is it on or past the Line they ,No doubt the dog is half raving but on this occasion the 6 dogs head turns before De Machine , He has not looked like fighting in any of the races I have seen deffo dwells going to the drop ,As stated if half the ravers were discoed we would have a shortage of Dogs Laugh His head turns on the Line does he make contact ? if its an inch past the line he can take Jets head off makes no difference

Very hard call to make , I would have given the dog another chance TBH .
Report casemoney August 21, 2021 2:03 PM BST
Live I thought strait red Shocked
Report cherubim August 21, 2021 4:01 PM BST
De Machine has been on the watch list for long enough, to forgive him yet another blatant look would be reprehensible. Ergo next round takes out the favorite, try explaining that away
Report casemoney August 21, 2021 4:13 PM BST
Lot of dogs looking in races Cher ,I am not sure he made contact when his head turned and if he did was it after the line ,6 has put the brakes on  himself ,and seemed interest in 1 , the race time says it all tbh .I would like to know what Ian's thoughts on the ruling were ,he didnt say anything as they passed the line ..
Report wedge1 August 21, 2021 5:45 PM BST
pathetic decision underlining motive
Report now wheres that switch!!! August 21, 2021 5:50 PM BST
100% an iffy motive for this… it’s just not a red card offence at all!
Report Ravage Again August 21, 2021 6:14 PM BST
Was massive liabilities for this dog

The sponsor had laid 50 euros each way Silly
Report wondersobright August 21, 2021 6:19 PM BST
seen worse not get DQ

my view...should have left it alone this time
Report casemoney August 22, 2021 4:43 AM BST
De Machine had his card Held for turning his Head before the Line not the Argy Bargy before it according to the racing Manager Plain His head turned on the Line IMO at what point was Contact made ? Summat not right with all this Plain
Report SlippyBlue August 22, 2021 1:18 PM BST
I've only just this minute seen the race and it was an extremely harsh decision in my opinion.
Report casemoney August 22, 2021 2:35 PM BST
As for the Line with the Angle its hard to know where it is , HTF was BEECH AVENUE 3rd by a neck Laugh
Report LoyalHoncho August 22, 2021 3:55 PM BST
King Turbo was 19 months old when he "had a look", the Machine is very experienced.  Tough one for the stewards as they couldn't afford not to deal with it and it to recur later in such a prestige event?
Report casemoney August 22, 2021 4:19 PM BST
The rules of racing need to be followed , did he nut Jet prior to the Line is the Question , as Dave said on RPTV we are not in the office perhaps they had a different view , I think all will agree a harsh outcome ,if we were to disco dogs who look like they may fight going forward be a lot of
dogs getting warned off .. Anyone involved EW will feel hard done by , he would have been very hard to knock out .And as mad as he is added a little spice to the derby ,no winners in this situation Sad
Report casemoney August 22, 2021 4:21 PM BST
Ur right about Turbo Loyal , he could never go in the derby because of it , If I remember correctly ?
Report casemoney August 22, 2021 8:51 PM BST
3-0 saying wrong call in the studio Shocked
Report casemoney August 22, 2021 8:54 PM BST
With Dave and Ian earlier that 5-0  ,What have connections of the dog said ?
Report LoyalHoncho August 22, 2021 10:01 PM BST
Yeah that;s right case.  My view will always be that puppies need/deserve a second chance, as the dog itself went on to prove.  It's all new at that age and maybe a dog squeals/yelps a bit in running and the pup is still not sure what he is/should be doing.  Every youngster in life learns from mistakes, dog or human, and they should be allowed to race again after the necessary trials etc: As you say - very tough on ante punters who were on the Machine but that's the perils of ante-post stuff innit?!.
Report SlippyBlue August 25, 2021 7:00 PM BST
They've just shown it in slow motion and it looks an even more unjust decision looking at again. De Machine is getting a " retraining " trial and if that goes OK then he's good to go back on track. Of all the people they've had on RPGTV giving an opinion I can't recall anybody backing up the judge.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com