Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
budapest
19 Jun 21 19:30
| Topic/replies: 19,505 | Blogger: budapest's blog
what a joke
Pause Switch to Standard View towcester is a disgrace
Show More
Report Deptford June 20, 2021 11:06 AM BST
Like Rabs anyone but England t shirt
Report the bairn June 20, 2021 10:02 PM BST
every cant hates England.cheers.
Report Deptford June 20, 2021 10:04 PM BST
Just jealous
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 21, 2021 5:37 AM BST
Rab should had painted shirt that said
Gone on my holidays by the quarters
Report irishone June 21, 2021 7:08 PM BST
Only having one bet this year
The rag in the final
Report Deptford June 22, 2021 8:20 PM BST
Anyone seen latest scores?
Report Deptford June 22, 2021 9:45 PM BST
You just have to laugh.
Report casemoney June 22, 2021 10:22 PM BST
Rabs done his Bollix again
Report the bairn June 23, 2021 12:20 AM BST
ExcitedExcitedI wish to fack we could play England every week. cheers.
Report casemoney June 23, 2021 1:57 PM BST
Rab wants to get the old Russ Abbott wig ,Bairn, might bring yee a bit of luck .
Report ballyregan June 23, 2021 3:48 PM BST
wd scotland at least tom stoltman won worlds strongest man 2021 thats something
Report go racing June 24, 2021 11:44 AM BST
Even the graded racing they are strung out like sausages....worst so called racing that i have ever seen. Can't give them the Derby next year just because the facilities look nice. Rip it up and start again nearer to the stand or close it down! Think the new Suffolk Downs would produce better racing than this lottery un exiting rubbish!
Report ItsMeSwaddle June 24, 2021 12:21 PM BST
Everything is doom and gloom but Towc really is dross.

I enjoy tracks with the long home straights but something just isnt right.
Report go racing June 24, 2021 12:28 PM BST
Wanted it to succeed but the racing is real inconsistent rubbish. The track he is shutting down is different gear to this pile of crap!
Report casemoney June 24, 2021 1:57 PM BST
Coventry was the Template for any new Track ,Unfortunately they  had the 8 dog Chinese roulette Players in mind when they built tow , there in lies the basic problem .. It is what it is and the
Irish came over in force ,in fact most trainers have given the track the thumbs up Which I find strange , I have never been,  I am not really interested in a Dining experience TBH so cannot Comment on facilities ,Give them their Due they have tried and at least appear to be making an effort to return to some normality ,which does not seem the case at some venues ,As for the Graded racing that is certainly not for me ,I am Basically watching RP 3 4 nights a week these days ,I have no interest in Harlow or Doncaster ,Much preferring the Yarmouth experience HappyA cracking little track  where at least you get exciting racing with plenty of dogs off the back winning , and if Grahams on Comms online none better ,Long may it last ,Never been have to go down one weekend do Saturday and Monday ,bit of seaside Air ..
Report LoyalHoncho June 24, 2021 6:47 PM BST
So if they build the track nearer to the stands that will stop the "strung out like washing" racing?  Confused
Report go racing June 24, 2021 7:00 PM BST
No...the stand being a long way from the track is yet another niggle that needs sorting before any sort of crowd might accept the place. For starters the track needs ripping up and realigning . How do the Aussies get 8 dogs round with hardly any trouble when a massive open space like Towcester gets 2 around in front and the rest are just coming round the bend..... mystery circuit?
Report wedge1 June 24, 2021 7:05 PM BST
ask yourselves this if it is as bad as you see it why does every top trainer in this country and ireland race their hounds there
talk about pocket talking
Report casemoney June 24, 2021 8:24 PM BST
Wedge the racing is Boring ,If you own or train a dog you have interest in the racing , Dogs mid to rails struggle to make any headway in a race , cascading inwards Round the bends They then need to re align off the last bend Giving the impression the front dog is kicking again , which in most cases it is not ,Very strange TBH , not pocket talk Ive done alright so far during the derby ,Its watchable because it is the derby ,The graded is certainly not for me ,I'm saying it
as it is you can only say what you see , I don't want to knock Kevin and the Team he is doing his best and he said himself people will always moan . G luck to them , but the Struggle to pass issue is there ,We had traps that were no good dogs falling over, then moving traps , and I still think the 1 box is at a disadvantage ,I might be wrong . G luck to all involved lets hope the rest goes off smoothly , Hopefully we wont have a vacant trap in 1 Which was basically the case at notts .
Report casemoney June 24, 2021 8:30 PM BST
If you get a chance have a look at Amazing wink ,he could handle the traps , and he knew excactly what to do off the last bend ,Sadly not quick enough but he ran the track better than any railer from behind I have seen . Some dogs Just appear lost on the way round .
Report LoyalHoncho June 25, 2021 7:27 PM BST
I watch aussie racing and they get very strung out there too.
Report paulo47 June 26, 2021 11:58 AM BST
my mate got me this am - ' Favourites pop up at Towcester ' ...
Report metro john June 26, 2021 2:06 PM BST
A low entry of wide runners was not surprising, people still feel, and I am one of them, that the ground out wider is a disadvantage? Just my opinion, add to that the moving traps' fiasco, and it makes for a fun time, lets enjoy itLaughGrinLove
Report Captain carnage June 26, 2021 3:41 PM BST
No metro.
Half the quarter final qualifiers are middle or wide.
This track is chalk and cheese compared to the old one.
You can smash from T5 OR 6 and if you are a sensible tracker can qualify easier from the outside.

A superb set of quarter finals. Lots of dogs capable of breaking, leading and making all but those that make any mistake will lose or could get knocked out. All the staying types have a great chance of qualifying also if using their brains.
The derby should reward, qaw, early pace and intelligence - this track provides for all that.
Report Ravage Again June 26, 2021 4:43 PM BST
I mean give KB credit he does put the money in

Keeping the hare rail where it was the most cost efficient option

The old traps was awful, dogs were slipping and stumbling out of the traps

The new ones are much better but trap 1 is a massive disadvantage

He was using the argument that 20 per cent of trap 1 win at Towcestor rather the average at 16.6 per cent

But afraid that’s stupid to use that as a basis because

In graded racing the majority of the time a dog is always given trap 1 (like the widest runner trap 6)

So if say on average per race a dog loses 2 lengths due to it being in trap 1 (slower break and general crowding throughout the race)

Then if the dog was an genuine A5 dog, it will NOT run in A5 races, it will running average in A6 races

So the problem is self correcting for graders

Also as the graded trap 1 will run many races from trap 1 it will get used to the boxes and properly learn to trap better

The dog in trap 1 in the derby will properly only raced from trap 1 mebbys once or twice

Let’s face it we all know trap 1 is a major disadvantage for an open racer

Same as either Romford 400m or crayford 380m
Report Ravage Again June 26, 2021 4:43 PM BST
I mean give KB credit he does put the money in

Keeping the hare rail where it was the most cost efficient option

The old traps was awful, dogs were slipping and stumbling out of the traps

The new ones are much better but trap 1 is a massive disadvantage

He was using the argument that 20 per cent of trap 1 win at Towcestor rather the average at 16.6 per cent

But afraid that’s stupid to use that as a basis because

In graded racing the majority of the time a dog is always given trap 1 (like the widest runner trap 6)

So if say on average per race a dog loses 2 lengths due to it being in trap 1 (slower break and general crowding throughout the race)

Then if the dog was an genuine A5 dog, it will NOT run in A5 races, it will running average in A6 races

So the problem is self correcting for graders

Also as the graded trap 1 will run many races from trap 1 it will get used to the boxes and properly learn to trap better

The dog in trap 1 in the derby will properly only raced from trap 1 mebbys once or twice

Let’s face it we all know trap 1 is a major disadvantage for an open racer

Same as either Romford 400m or crayford 380m
Report Captain carnage June 26, 2021 6:14 PM BST
Yes T1 hard to break from but even more so at the last derby track Notts and every T1 was forced to take a step
right at the start at Wimbledon because they couldnt actually see the corner of the bend!
Report wedge1 June 26, 2021 7:51 PM BST
has trap1 at towcester got a step in it
no neither have the other 5
in all my years i have never heard or seen written so much bollux about an disadvantage of drawing red
Report metro john June 26, 2021 8:08 PM BST
I tell ya most would pick the ping 3 boxGrin
Report LoyalHoncho June 26, 2021 8:08 PM BST
Wedge I feel it is hard to get away from the fact that several red-clads trapped abominably last week, costing at least two of them qualification, and others a win.  However, it can't be ignored either that Deercat came away perfectly well and had the ace won by the line first time round in the last heat.  Weird to say the least.  What it has done to me is to keep my cash in my pocket tonight.  I think Fairone has a real shout of winning this Derby and is a great price tonight ( for me ) but i simply can't bet him with any confidence after last week's trap 1 shambles.  Just can't do it.  And, the other side of the coin is that drawn from T3 tonight Deercat is as short as 1/2 to win it's heat.  Ridiculous knowing that the two inside are blessed with good early themselves and that 1 wants to be in 3.
Having a punt in this Derby has not been possible for me.  So far at least.
Report Deptford June 26, 2021 8:18 PM BST
Everone is entitled to their opinion, for me its a non punting track, I have had a few bets and a couple ante post but would never get stuck right in to one
Report metro john June 26, 2021 8:21 PM BST
Yes LoyalHoncho, I am hoping Toolmaker Sydney makes a good exit tonight massive value in price, but 2 with the champ in 3 obviously tempers enthusiasm, but bigger than he should be.
Report LoyalHoncho June 26, 2021 8:32 PM BST
I've got lucky with my a/p bets.  Have four through and they're all in different heats.  Thankfully my Jumeirah bet in the first round covered them all so anything back is a bonus.  Deerjet Sydney, Ballymac Fairone, Newinn Session and Knacknaboula Syd.  Here's hoping,......
Report Ravage Again June 26, 2021 9:33 PM BST
Oops wedge how many trap one dogs came out running tonight

NONE Blush

The graded certainty in the one box walked out in the 18:42 Laugh
Report Ravage Again June 26, 2021 9:38 PM BST
If you backed ballymac fair one ante post your thanking how brave a dog he is

Ran a great race to qualify

You just hope he gets trap 2 3 or 4 in the next two rounds and not trap 1
Report wedge1 June 26, 2021 9:43 PM BST
ravage what price the red to win the final
Report Ravage Again June 26, 2021 9:52 PM BST
Depends who's in trap 1 I guess

DS seems OK in trap 1 so 4-6 just in case Silly
Report LoyalHoncho June 26, 2021 9:54 PM BST
Grin
Report casemoney June 26, 2021 10:27 PM BST
Two more saturdays will be a distant Memory ..

Thank foook Grin
Report casemoney June 26, 2021 10:28 PM BST
Hoping for a Miracle Ice to Qualify
Report casemoney June 26, 2021 10:43 PM BST
A4 Dog at Sheff went faster over 500 M  than any Race winner at Tow tonight Shocked Why is sheffield such a quick track , They appear to be on the Turn most of the time ,You would not Believe it Plain

500 / 547    flat    Domino Storm [IE/UK 2012]    28.27 Shocked  WTF Laugh
Report casemoney June 26, 2021 10:49 PM BST
Raazldall Raddio has gone quicker Round Sheff over Hurdles ,I must be looking at something wrong
Report casemoney June 26, 2021 10:50 PM BST
Than Tow TR
Report casemoney June 27, 2021 5:16 AM BST
Matched:
GBP 36,454

That's up to the semis in the AP market ,how can that be all that has been matched  ,more matched on a bags race ,18 Bags  in bets  , Unreal .
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 27, 2021 5:47 AM BST
Anyone got a problem getting there moneys back
For duke de janerio
Race office balls up with that now poxy books won’t pay it back
Never going get a run
Add insult the dog did 29.17 befor racing couldn’t make it up
Report wondersobright June 27, 2021 2:03 PM BST
that shows you the level of interest case
Report wondersobright June 27, 2021 2:05 PM BST
shef is not far off bowl so stride pattern of dogs isn't broken as much as track that has long straight, tighter bends
Report casemoney June 27, 2021 4:21 PM BST
Strange isn't it Won  you would think would be slower looking at the races
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 28, 2021 8:45 AM BST
Any reason why there no head on from 1/4 finals ???
In Joint effort books had it away ?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 28, 2021 6:07 PM BST
well we still going defend the place after the horrific pictures doing the rounds today from the trial session, place should be shut down until it's proven to be fixed.

it was apparent from R1 (pretty much all i've watched) that the boxes are a disgrace, bouncing all over the shop, opening slowly and now the pictures taken have shown how dangeorus they are.

i'll go over for the piss up in 2 weeks, i'll watch and play SPK on the phone over there as i'd quite frankly rather sh1t in my hands and clap than play at the gaff, each to their own though and if people play it and make it pay good luck to them but for me the racing part of the place is laughable
Report irishone June 28, 2021 7:43 PM BST
Never mind the **** derby

Where's p h ? Has he survived covid ?
Report Ravage Again June 28, 2021 7:45 PM BST
The good news is that Towcestor have big posh toilets

So even on derby final night all size floaters are catered for Mischief
Report wondersobright June 28, 2021 7:59 PM BST
agree PF
Report wondersobright June 28, 2021 7:59 PM BST
looking at trials today its nothing short of a fkin disgrace
Report wondersobright June 28, 2021 8:00 PM BST
not fit to stage afghan derby
Report HGS June 28, 2021 9:46 PM BST
Good point irish. Where is ph? Hope all is ok.
Report wondersobright June 28, 2021 9:53 PM BST
ph been on twitter today HGS
Report irishone June 28, 2021 9:55 PM BST
Good for him
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 28, 2021 9:57 PM BST
privatehire is fine, was at Towcester for R1 and for R3, be meeting up with him in Northampton next week, then he'll be heading the opposite way over here for god knows how many weekends racing
Report HGS June 28, 2021 10:05 PM BST
Great stuff! Happy
Report Ravage Again June 28, 2021 10:28 PM BST
What like happened at the trial session today like lads?

What went wrong?
Report now wheres that switch!!! June 28, 2021 10:31 PM BST
Apparently a pipe split, which meant pressure was lost and that led to the traps opening far too slow. Hope both dogs are all ok. Not great at all…
Report GLASGOWCALLING June 28, 2021 11:21 PM BST
https://greyhoundscene.proboards.com/thread/78844/traps-towcester?page=1
Report GLASGOWCALLING June 28, 2021 11:23 PM BST
Pics of the trials on the link I just posted,
Didn't look good.
Report casemoney June 29, 2021 12:45 AM BST

No doubt wedge and the captain will be on saying not a problem ..
Report casemoney June 29, 2021 12:47 AM BST
Thankfully it was only trials it happened in if 6 dogs PlainSad were the dogs ok ?
Report wedge1 June 29, 2021 6:56 AM BST
case thats not a problem its a fecking big problem and utter disgrace
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 29, 2021 8:27 AM BST
The video of it is even worse, the dog is twisted into the air 180 degrees and left facing the boxes before turning sharply and chasing on.

People have been saying there are serious problems with these boxes all Derby so they can say this has only happened but they've denied the traps where a problem up until it was basically too late, anybody who mentioned it or said it was anti Towcester or anti Boothby, heck i even had a person in SPK argue it with me saying Towcester is fine and sure the trainers love it. I think you may get a different opinion off a lot of trainers off the record.

It's great that Boothby is buying tracks when nobody else is and more are closing than opening but if they cannot do 1 track, the premier track 100% then wtf are they at trying to do 3/4 tracks, that's amateur hour.

I get the UK struggles to have a suitable venue for the Derby these days but the game is in an even worse state if people are going to be happy to just accept this standard of nonsense.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 29, 2021 8:32 AM BST
And as for that Floyd Amplhett w@nker saying it's just a minor issue, blah blah, man is a toal and utter prick of the highest order
Report irishone June 29, 2021 11:24 AM BST
The gbgb "Ensuring welfare is at the heart of our sport" are a public DISGRACE

NOTTINGHAM OR TOWCESTER ...... this is the flagship of the ENGLISH sport ....Disgraceful
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 29, 2021 11:43 AM BST
I honestly thought the dog was being fired  by 15th century medieval catapult

I stated the problems weeks ago on my visit to the kip
How there going feed water people if you get over 1000 people in table service only going be no drinking going on unless
Your in boxs with everything wonderful types
Owners some trainer heads knee deep in **** got to say
Hope big Kev liked his trap one draw hope he plenty more never got bad word to say about the place
Same Wallis hope he gets plenty in red too
Maybe when one there dogs get catapult back over the lids might have different view
Report casemoney June 29, 2021 2:17 PM BST
All I can say is thankfully it didn't happen in a 6 dog race live on TV ,several dogs being fired into the air would have been horrific ,Never MIND
Towcester , the sport would have come under massive fire , were dogs badly injured or worse the damage to the sports so called image may well have led for a call for a ban on racing Plain I wonder if Floyd would think headline pics of Dogs fired into the air on the front pages of the Tabloids woulds have been a minor Issue .

People raising any issues are quickly shouted down as  moaners or Mugs ,Welcome to the New era of doggie racing ,long may it last .
Report casemoney June 29, 2021 2:23 PM BST
I didn't see last nights RPTV were many Emails read out ?
Report Ravage Again June 29, 2021 6:17 PM BST
I mean I guess the question to ask is this the normal method of supplying air and do the traps open in the same standard way to say Romford, Crayford, monmore or hove

If the answer is yes then it’s unfortunate that the line split and failed

Again what are the materials of construction of this supply line verses other tracks listed above

If Towcestor is compatible with the four listed above then it’s hard to be too critical

And I hate Towcestor with a passion

The track should be dug up and start again

The hare rail needs repositioning

Need much longer straights and more natural bends in which you can actual pass a dog

It ain’t difficult FFS just copy Coventry track design, 490m trip identical straights and same curvature bends

Job done sorted Love

The track needs protecting so it does not dry out so quickly

And I personally think these new sands that have been used in the last 5 to 10 years drain too quickly

Which in turn leads to over watering of tracks and false patches

The best watering system is rainfall, but these new sands just drain such a rapid rate
Report sparrow June 29, 2021 8:12 PM BST
A track responsible for hosting the Derby buying second hand traps from Peterborough tells you all you need to know.
Report casemoney June 29, 2021 10:42 PM BST
spot on sparrow , hope your well mate,your input in the staying division has been missed
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 30, 2021 3:36 AM BST
I have and will continue to support the track, i may ot like it but that is personal choice ad for all our complaints we need to support the gam, no mstter how bad it is or even if we ain't sure......2"
we need to keep buying dogs, going to tracks,spending money...........i get the people who say "why, we're been shat on" but seriously if d1ckheads like me, PH, and most of my pals didn't keep going tracks all the time, punt, buy dogs etc..... where would the game be ??
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 30, 2021 3:43 AM BST
PH for instance will likely be over here with us for 12-14 weeks straight after Towcester,the man loves the game but puts his money where his mouth is, away from gambling...
The fact he's happy to come here with our bizarre rules, have to fly in and out of Belfast constantly says more about the game in the UK than anything, it's a fkin mess over there which is sad as some of the best people i've met in the game are based over there
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 30, 2021 3:51 AM BST
Sorry, even PH can't have the place
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 30, 2021 3:51 AM BST
Sorry, even PH can't have the place
Report irishone June 30, 2021 5:48 AM BST
Sounds very monmorish PF, ginger beers all round ?
Report sparrow June 30, 2021 8:01 AM BST
Not too bad thanks, case. Its all very depressing though when you see cards like the one at Towcester last night with 50% of it being 2 bend so called races.
Report irishone June 30, 2021 11:10 AM BST
The sport has just kicking itself to death
Report irishone June 30, 2021 11:11 AM BST
*IS JUST KICKING ITSELF TO DEATH
Report metro john June 30, 2021 12:10 PM BST
In the days before pictures in bookmakers, this sport thrived, what is media doing to the sport?
Report casemoney June 30, 2021 6:46 PM BST
You went to the Track John , no one goes , would be 5 days a week back in the day SadThe way this covid craic has gone Im not sure many want anyone back anyway if they are getting the SIS or whatever some tracks seem happy at that .
Report casemoney June 30, 2021 6:49 PM BST
Nice to see you sparrow mainly following Yarmouth few opens these days More a pastime than anything , hardly any sprints not many stayers races but interesting racing plenty win off the back , nice track .
Report LoyalHoncho June 30, 2021 6:51 PM BST
Yep - I wondered if all was ok.  Good to hear from you sparrow.
Report sparrow June 30, 2021 7:19 PM BST
Thanks loyal but I just needed a break for a short while. I still play Crayford and Central Park case and I have heard that Yarmouth is a decent place to punt at. I'm finding the Derby is just not the same anymore since they moved from Wimbledon but at least I can look forward to the Dorando on final night. Grin
Report casemoney June 30, 2021 7:44 PM BST
Semis up on RP for  saturday night ,Volcano and Royale entered and Nutty head Affirmed returns Happy
Report ItsMeSwaddle July 27, 2021 6:13 PM BST
Dog 2 that race sums the place up quite well, lame.
Report Deptford September 5, 2021 2:16 PM BST
More hare problems, you couldnt make it up, place is a fooking carsey
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com