Forums

Greyhounds

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
budapest
19 Jun 21 20:30
| Topic/replies: 2,662 | Blogger: budapest's blog
what a joke

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 92
By:
Deptford
When: 20 Jun 21 11:06
Like Rabs anyone but England t shirt
By:
the bairn
When: 20 Jun 21 22:02
every cant hates England.cheers.
By:
Deptford
When: 20 Jun 21 22:04
Just jealous
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 21 Jun 21 05:37
Rab should had painted shirt that said
Gone on my holidays by the quarters
By:
irishone
When: 21 Jun 21 19:08
Only having one bet this year
The rag in the final
By:
Deptford
When: 22 Jun 21 20:20
Anyone seen latest scores?
By:
Deptford
When: 22 Jun 21 21:45
You just have to laugh.
By:
casemoney
When: 22 Jun 21 22:22
Rabs done his Bollix again
By:
the bairn
When: 23 Jun 21 00:20
ExcitedExcitedI wish to fack we could play England every week. cheers.
By:
casemoney
When: 23 Jun 21 13:57
Rab wants to get the old Russ Abbott wig ,Bairn, might bring yee a bit of luck .
By:
ballyregan
When: 23 Jun 21 15:48
wd scotland at least tom stoltman won worlds strongest man 2021 thats something
By:
go racing
When: 24 Jun 21 11:44
Even the graded racing they are strung out like sausages....worst so called racing that i have ever seen. Can't give them the Derby next year just because the facilities look nice. Rip it up and start again nearer to the stand or close it down! Think the new Suffolk Downs would produce better racing than this lottery un exiting rubbish!
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 24 Jun 21 12:21
Everything is doom and gloom but Towc really is dross.

I enjoy tracks with the long home straights but something just isnt right.
By:
go racing
When: 24 Jun 21 12:28
Wanted it to succeed but the racing is real inconsistent rubbish. The track he is shutting down is different gear to this pile of crap!
By:
casemoney
When: 24 Jun 21 13:57
Coventry was the Template for any new Track ,Unfortunately they  had the 8 dog Chinese roulette Players in mind when they built tow , there in lies the basic problem .. It is what it is and the
Irish came over in force ,in fact most trainers have given the track the thumbs up Which I find strange , I have never been,  I am not really interested in a Dining experience TBH so cannot Comment on facilities ,Give them their Due they have tried and at least appear to be making an effort to return to some normality ,which does not seem the case at some venues ,As for the Graded racing that is certainly not for me ,I am Basically watching RP 3 4 nights a week these days ,I have no interest in Harlow or Doncaster ,Much preferring the Yarmouth experience HappyA cracking little track  where at least you get exciting racing with plenty of dogs off the back winning , and if Grahams on Comms online none better ,Long may it last ,Never been have to go down one weekend do Saturday and Monday ,bit of seaside Air ..
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 24 Jun 21 18:47
So if they build the track nearer to the stands that will stop the "strung out like washing" racing?  Confused
By:
go racing
When: 24 Jun 21 19:00
No...the stand being a long way from the track is yet another niggle that needs sorting before any sort of crowd might accept the place. For starters the track needs ripping up and realigning . How do the Aussies get 8 dogs round with hardly any trouble when a massive open space like Towcester gets 2 around in front and the rest are just coming round the bend..... mystery circuit?
By:
wedge1
When: 24 Jun 21 19:05
ask yourselves this if it is as bad as you see it why does every top trainer in this country and ireland race their hounds there
talk about pocket talking
By:
casemoney
When: 24 Jun 21 20:24
Wedge the racing is Boring ,If you own or train a dog you have interest in the racing , Dogs mid to rails struggle to make any headway in a race , cascading inwards Round the bends They then need to re align off the last bend Giving the impression the front dog is kicking again , which in most cases it is not ,Very strange TBH , not pocket talk Ive done alright so far during the derby ,Its watchable because it is the derby ,The graded is certainly not for me ,I'm saying it
as it is you can only say what you see , I don't want to knock Kevin and the Team he is doing his best and he said himself people will always moan . G luck to them , but the Struggle to pass issue is there ,We had traps that were no good dogs falling over, then moving traps , and I still think the 1 box is at a disadvantage ,I might be wrong . G luck to all involved lets hope the rest goes off smoothly , Hopefully we wont have a vacant trap in 1 Which was basically the case at notts .
By:
casemoney
When: 24 Jun 21 20:30
If you get a chance have a look at Amazing wink ,he could handle the traps , and he knew excactly what to do off the last bend ,Sadly not quick enough but he ran the track better than any railer from behind I have seen . Some dogs Just appear lost on the way round .
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 25 Jun 21 19:27
I watch aussie racing and they get very strung out there too.
By:
paulo47
When: 26 Jun 21 11:58
my mate got me this am - ' Favourites pop up at Towcester ' ...
By:
metro john
When: 26 Jun 21 14:06
A low entry of wide runners was not surprising, people still feel, and I am one of them, that the ground out wider is a disadvantage? Just my opinion, add to that the moving traps' fiasco, and it makes for a fun time, lets enjoy itLaughGrinLove
By:
Captain carnage
When: 26 Jun 21 15:41
No metro.
Half the quarter final qualifiers are middle or wide.
This track is chalk and cheese compared to the old one.
You can smash from T5 OR 6 and if you are a sensible tracker can qualify easier from the outside.

A superb set of quarter finals. Lots of dogs capable of breaking, leading and making all but those that make any mistake will lose or could get knocked out. All the staying types have a great chance of qualifying also if using their brains.
The derby should reward, qaw, early pace and intelligence - this track provides for all that.
By:
Ravage Again
When: 26 Jun 21 16:43
I mean give KB credit he does put the money in

Keeping the hare rail where it was the most cost efficient option

The old traps was awful, dogs were slipping and stumbling out of the traps

The new ones are much better but trap 1 is a massive disadvantage

He was using the argument that 20 per cent of trap 1 win at Towcestor rather the average at 16.6 per cent

But afraid that’s stupid to use that as a basis because

In graded racing the majority of the time a dog is always given trap 1 (like the widest runner trap 6)

So if say on average per race a dog loses 2 lengths due to it being in trap 1 (slower break and general crowding throughout the race)

Then if the dog was an genuine A5 dog, it will NOT run in A5 races, it will running average in A6 races

So the problem is self correcting for graders

Also as the graded trap 1 will run many races from trap 1 it will get used to the boxes and properly learn to trap better

The dog in trap 1 in the derby will properly only raced from trap 1 mebbys once or twice

Let’s face it we all know trap 1 is a major disadvantage for an open racer

Same as either Romford 400m or crayford 380m
By:
Ravage Again
When: 26 Jun 21 16:43
I mean give KB credit he does put the money in

Keeping the hare rail where it was the most cost efficient option

The old traps was awful, dogs were slipping and stumbling out of the traps

The new ones are much better but trap 1 is a massive disadvantage

He was using the argument that 20 per cent of trap 1 win at Towcestor rather the average at 16.6 per cent

But afraid that’s stupid to use that as a basis because

In graded racing the majority of the time a dog is always given trap 1 (like the widest runner trap 6)

So if say on average per race a dog loses 2 lengths due to it being in trap 1 (slower break and general crowding throughout the race)

Then if the dog was an genuine A5 dog, it will NOT run in A5 races, it will running average in A6 races

So the problem is self correcting for graders

Also as the graded trap 1 will run many races from trap 1 it will get used to the boxes and properly learn to trap better

The dog in trap 1 in the derby will properly only raced from trap 1 mebbys once or twice

Let’s face it we all know trap 1 is a major disadvantage for an open racer

Same as either Romford 400m or crayford 380m
By:
Captain carnage
When: 26 Jun 21 18:14
Yes T1 hard to break from but even more so at the last derby track Notts and every T1 was forced to take a step
right at the start at Wimbledon because they couldnt actually see the corner of the bend!
By:
wedge1
When: 26 Jun 21 19:51
has trap1 at towcester got a step in it
no neither have the other 5
in all my years i have never heard or seen written so much bollux about an disadvantage of drawing red
By:
metro john
When: 26 Jun 21 20:08
I tell ya most would pick the ping 3 boxGrin
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 26 Jun 21 20:08
Wedge I feel it is hard to get away from the fact that several red-clads trapped abominably last week, costing at least two of them qualification, and others a win.  However, it can't be ignored either that Deercat came away perfectly well and had the ace won by the line first time round in the last heat.  Weird to say the least.  What it has done to me is to keep my cash in my pocket tonight.  I think Fairone has a real shout of winning this Derby and is a great price tonight ( for me ) but i simply can't bet him with any confidence after last week's trap 1 shambles.  Just can't do it.  And, the other side of the coin is that drawn from T3 tonight Deercat is as short as 1/2 to win it's heat.  Ridiculous knowing that the two inside are blessed with good early themselves and that 1 wants to be in 3.
Having a punt in this Derby has not been possible for me.  So far at least.
By:
Deptford
When: 26 Jun 21 20:18
Everone is entitled to their opinion, for me its a non punting track, I have had a few bets and a couple ante post but would never get stuck right in to one
By:
metro john
When: 26 Jun 21 20:21
Yes LoyalHoncho, I am hoping Toolmaker Sydney makes a good exit tonight massive value in price, but 2 with the champ in 3 obviously tempers enthusiasm, but bigger than he should be.
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 26 Jun 21 20:32
I've got lucky with my a/p bets.  Have four through and they're all in different heats.  Thankfully my Jumeirah bet in the first round covered them all so anything back is a bonus.  Deerjet Sydney, Ballymac Fairone, Newinn Session and Knacknaboula Syd.  Here's hoping,......
By:
Ravage Again
When: 26 Jun 21 21:33
Oops wedge how many trap one dogs came out running tonight

NONE Blush

The graded certainty in the one box walked out in the 18:42 Laugh
By:
Ravage Again
When: 26 Jun 21 21:38
If you backed ballymac fair one ante post your thanking how brave a dog he is

Ran a great race to qualify

You just hope he gets trap 2 3 or 4 in the next two rounds and not trap 1
By:
wedge1
When: 26 Jun 21 21:43
ravage what price the red to win the final
By:
Ravage Again
When: 26 Jun 21 21:52
Depends who's in trap 1 I guess

DS seems OK in trap 1 so 4-6 just in case Silly
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 26 Jun 21 21:54
Grin
By:
casemoney
When: 26 Jun 21 22:27
Two more saturdays will be a distant Memory ..

Thank foook Grin
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com