Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
doncaster rover
22 Mar 21 19:49
| Topic/replies: 583 | Blogger: doncaster rover's blog
Hi fellow greyhound supporters,Can any one shed any light on what I have heard re VAT being applied to dogs bought in Ireland I’ve heard several versions on the topic.Firstof all I’ve heard the VAT is applied from June 2021,But as Northern Ireland is part of the U.K. the sales are completely VAT free even after June2021.its proving a nightmare to get any accurate up to date imformation,Thanks for any help any one can give me
Pause Switch to Standard View VAT on Irish purchases
Show More
Report backatrier March 22, 2021 7:35 PM GMT
https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/cd195-preparing-for-new-uk-import-controls...

that might help.
Report casemoney March 22, 2021 9:09 PM GMT
Could be a sudden Increase in Greyhound  Imports from the North IMO
Report doncaster rover March 22, 2021 10:26 PM GMT
Backatrier,I’m afraid I can’t get the link to work I wonder if you could give me your opinion on if I have to pay vat on my two savings which are now 13 months old and in Northern Ireland I intend to bring them over in July / August when they are fully reared and schooled
Report doncaster rover March 22, 2021 10:27 PM GMT
for savings read saplings
Report SHROPSHIRELAD March 23, 2021 7:41 AM GMT
I’ve heard that every greyhound will be assumed to be valued at £3000, whether the reality is that the individual in question has been sold for £20000 or just £1000 and the VAT due will be worked out on that £3000 figure
Report backatrier March 24, 2021 1:20 PM GMT
Northern Ireland is not a problem I believe as already in the Uk. i have 11 month old sapling in the north too, he is at the Field of Dreams.
Report neveron March 24, 2021 5:47 PM GMT
I have 4 pups down in Kilkenny due to come over this summer. However, I already own as I bred them from my own bitch. Therefore I have not bought them. My assumption is they are my property always have been and are therefore not subject to the VAT. Thoughts... ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com