Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Czechbet
20 Jan 21 17:23
| Topic/replies: 6,538 | Blogger: Czechbet's blog
sad to see, imo best shaped track in the country...

add it to the list of mistakes and errors made in this once great sport
Pause Switch to Standard View Monmore... broken
Show More
Report now wheres that switch!!! January 20, 2021 5:34 PM GMT
It does appear the wides are a million unless 3 grades better. It’s embarrassing watching some of the paceless dogs in 1/2 turning in front at mo.
Report Czechbet January 20, 2021 5:40 PM GMT
agree its terrible

well 6x T6s in a row today lol place is like an upturned saucer on the move ffs
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2021 5:42 PM GMT
look who owns the track
Report Czechbet January 20, 2021 5:52 PM GMT
exactly

come summer it'll go patchy and dangerous Sad can i have a price that ?

must have been some backhander or relative of someone to get that contract
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2021 5:56 PM GMT
people tell me romford not had going bias since the new sand been put down i wonder what plant they are on
Report Czechbet January 20, 2021 5:57 PM GMT
in the UK going bias is natural due to our climate, graded racing all dogs get a chance long term anyz

manipulated ground is dangerous and immoral, also eventually they pay worse for playing these silly games when mother nature trumps them

so so short sighted as always
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2021 5:59 PM GMT
tells you what you want to know about the sand they have they still putting water on it every meeting i hope romford not got a water meter because the water bill will be the national debt
Report Czechbet January 20, 2021 5:59 PM GMT
ffs Doc your kidding, i've seen 2-3 dubious swtiches per meeting just watching dont even punt there

too many people scared to talk losing jobs etc etc cant really blame them but in the long term dont expect much to improve on the surface front

powder sand same as towcester 4 second bingo
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2021 6:02 PM GMT
they tell you its having too much racing it's hard on the ground  they have 4 or 5 meetings on tracks in aus nothing wrong with the ground out there
Report Czechbet January 20, 2021 6:06 PM GMT
absolutely its a cheap get out

monmore and romford are prime examples of piss poor surface and romford wimo is the least exciting racing there is, bang out bingo these days
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2021 6:07 PM GMT
i like looking at the aus greyhound cards get so much more pleasure doing them knowing the hard work done the ground wont switch during the meeting makes me want to put the effort in
Report Czechbet January 20, 2021 6:07 PM GMT
the wildcat derby at towcester... almost everything on the card smash break wins

yawn

again why are there no people coming into this sport???
Report Czechbet January 20, 2021 6:08 PM GMT
yep i'll be doing Aussie also
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2021 6:14 PM GMT
be rail towcester when the fast dogs turn up good luck drawn wide getting around
Report now wheres that switch!!! January 20, 2021 6:15 PM GMT
What is going on with the game at mo..? Seems as though it’s dying a much quicker death then it should! The going bias changes throughout a meeting should be investigated..? It would be betting fraud courtesy of the bookmakers if they were found to be changing it deliberately..
Report privatehire January 20, 2021 6:39 PM GMT
Some nice dogs trialled for upcoming comps. The notebook came out after c ing first 6 trap 6,s had won. For future reference.
Report now wheres that switch!!! January 20, 2021 6:42 PM GMT
PH.. what did they give the going for the trials..? It’s very odd after 6 trap 6’s go in, to then see the track switch to massive rails. No weather problems there today to explain it..
Report privatehire January 20, 2021 7:15 PM GMT
4 bends - 40  2 bends - 20
Report now wheres that switch!!! January 20, 2021 7:19 PM GMT
Thanks. It’s all very odd at mo.. be lucky.
Report irishone January 21, 2021 9:22 AM GMT
I await the middle golden highway lol
Report Czechbet January 21, 2021 10:49 AM GMT
irish :) :) :) touche LaughDevil
Report Captain carnage January 25, 2021 10:42 AM GMT
Bit harsh on the Romford surface Czech, agree Monmore has been a disgrace for a long time.
I have followed the opens every friday for years.
Its a long time since ive seen a bias there and dogs move off less
on first look than just about any track in the country.
Report now wheres that switch!!! January 25, 2021 11:11 AM GMT
Romford has always been bang out bingo.. can’t be anything else the way the track is configurated. Aus is the way forward.. proper dogs, hardly ever see a fighter and a surface all have a chance on. Decent straights for dogs to stride out, and strong liquidity. Match betting, prize money different class which limits the need for non jiggers...
Report Czechbet January 25, 2021 1:18 PM GMT
i disagree old sand you could get plenty off the back,

track now is bingo powder sand as mentioned yawn fest, also when its dry in summer been told how patchy it gets which can be dangerous of course,

granted with such low clay content and ecessive drainage it will unlikely ever go bottomless...however whats the opposite of bottomless !
Report now wheres that switch!!! January 25, 2021 2:04 PM GMT
Agree re the sand now not being conducive for those turning off the pace, but that should be where a grader earns his money. You can have those early pace types flying out, but make sure those without the EP are the quicker dogs to make the racing competitive...
Report dr . atkins January 25, 2021 2:24 PM GMT
the 6t4 chance just lead at romford 3 and 5 come off the pace to fin 1st and 2nd  like every race depends which dog is on the hare around 1st bend
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com