Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the old nanny ;-)
04 Jan 21 15:07
| Topic/replies: 5,696 | Blogger: the old nanny ;-)'s blog
Enjoy tonights racing  be lucky if there is anymore for a while , BOJO on at 8 pm  should Imagine a full Lockdown to be announced  , would Imagine orses will be gone as well

Lets hope this great locldown strategy works ca bit better than it has in Germany 25,000 gone in 2 months over there .
Show More
Report privatehire January 4, 2021 4:45 PM GMT
I,m hoping we allowed to carry on. Bin no reports of any deaths in horse or dog game. With the social distancing and protocols in place.
Report now wheres that switch!!! January 4, 2021 5:07 PM GMT
Same protocol as Scotland. Elite and professional sport unaffected. Nap! Carry on boys.. liquidity will increase and a winner in every race Grin
Report the old nanny ;-) January 4, 2021 7:58 PM GMT
Hope so
Report the old nanny ;-) January 4, 2021 8:09 PM GMT
FULL LOCKDOWN DONT LEAVE THE HOUSE , how can sport go ahead ?
Report dr . atkins January 4, 2021 8:17 PM GMT
elite sport is ok
Report the old nanny ;-) January 4, 2021 8:19 PM GMT
Dont think so DR  where u heard that ?
Report wondersobright January 4, 2021 8:22 PM GMT
elite sport continues case
Report dr . atkins January 4, 2021 8:32 PM GMT
its the same as before nanny be dogs and horses
Report the old nanny ;-) January 4, 2021 8:33 PM GMT
Mr Bird confirming that
Report the old nanny ;-) January 4, 2021 8:34 PM GMT
Prob is Doc can you believe a word that is being said any more Have Defra put out an official statement ?
Report now wheres that switch!!! January 4, 2021 8:36 PM GMT
There was never any danger of sport having to stop.. if there was no sport for people to watch on tv during a winter lockdown.. there would be anarchy in the streets!!
Report Winja January 4, 2021 9:48 PM GMT
if the country wants to try and control this fecking thing then it should be a real lockdown with true essential shops and workers only......that last one in november was a complete joke.....never seen so many people out and about.....so many football games being disrupted it may come to the stage where it stops anyhow......not sure how dogs can continue if the shops are forced to shut.....
Report irishone January 4, 2021 10:00 PM GMT
If you think your lockdown is bad consider this
Apart from facemasks and social distancing (ha ha) in Greece
To go out we have to text a local cop shop and get permission
Sometimes the reply takes over an hour
Other than that you need papers downloaded from the internet
We ain't allowed out after six or before 5 in the morning
Motorways are manned at every junction
Yes we can get food and exercise
The security guard at lidl shares his spot in the car park with a cop
You have to carry papers plus passport and driving licence
There is no sport going ahead without police permission and supervision
Airports are shut , no chance of getting home at present
Yes it's a police state but I feel a lot safer here than in the uk or ireland
Where I believe loads of younger community members
Don't give a **** about older people
Report the old nanny ;-) January 4, 2021 10:13 PM GMT
Saying NO TEAM SPORTS , how can Dogs Continue ?
Report the old nanny ;-) January 4, 2021 10:18 PM GMT
Does anyone actually know WTF is going on clearly Mr Bird has Jumped the Gun  , if there is no Football there will be no Dogs
Report the old nanny ;-) January 4, 2021 10:26 PM GMT
ITV no contact sports

BBC

Professional sport in England can continue behind closed doors, despite a new national lockdown announced by Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

It means Premier League football and elite leagues in other sports are allowed to carry on Laugh
Report Catford Toteboard January 4, 2021 11:22 PM GMT
I've said elsewhere that I'm not sure my bitch running in an A10 at Hove qualifies as elite. I'm glad racing is continuing. As far as DEFRA is concerned we're an industry and the workers can hardly work from home! Same with the horses.
Report ItsMeSwaddle January 5, 2021 11:00 AM GMT
No contact sport...best make a big effort to get the dogs in the right boxes then!
Report casemoney January 11, 2021 1:25 AM GMT
Looks like the whole shebang is going to be Kyboshed again for a month ,Absolutely had enough of this Bollicks tbh .
Report casemoney January 11, 2021 1:31 AM GMT
News that from Wedneday Sports will be Gone Again , Pubs could remain closed for 5 months .. How many of them will ever reopen ?

They maybe stopping horse racing due to shortage of Ambulances Shocked

The Lockdowns wont work FFS
Report casemoney January 11, 2021 1:56 AM GMT
Seems to be Ambulances regarding horseracing , Dogs have done everything possible to stay safe , How much more of this shyte are people prepared to take ?
Report now wheres that switch!!! January 11, 2021 9:40 AM GMT
Pretty sure I’ve never seen an ambulance attend the afternoon bags cards at any track... so guess the cherries carry on as it’s work those employed in it cannot do from home. Same with golf etc... Horseracing and football might be struggling though , unless they all stump up for private...
Report casemoney January 11, 2021 1:56 PM GMT
Were Rumours everywhere Horses and Elite sports to stop
Report irishone January 11, 2021 2:07 PM GMT
I heard this morning that only a small 1.5% of those infected by covid die, but it becomes a very big 1.5% if its you, your family or your friends.
Report ItsMeSwaddle January 11, 2021 2:38 PM GMT
If the inevitable does happen to the horses with the ambulances there needs to be some sort of planning to reflect the sport in a good light. Hard to say what. Must attract new people.

To me it’s to start the live streams 3-4 mins early and pay someone a couple of hundred quid a day to talk in a little depth about the coming race. X is likely to lead and will have to lead to win. X will need a clear passage from the rear to win etc, add a bit of a story rather than just 130 races a day on a conveyer belt each day. It’s got to be better than...silence...here’s the bell at Romford...off and racing 3 leads 4, the rest in rear. And it’s 3,3,3,3,3,3 in the lead. They come to the line and it’s 3 that beats 4 and I can’t tell what was third for the tricast because of the Romford camera angle.
Report casemoney January 11, 2021 3:08 PM GMT
Everyone will live forever once we are all Jabbed ,
Report casemoney January 11, 2021 3:12 PM GMT
Switch most of the lower league Scottish football has now stopped , wont be long till those running the show cast their beady eye over Dog Racing and other sports .
Report casemoney January 11, 2021 3:22 PM GMT
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55615791

Covid-19: Concern as Irish infection rate becomes 'world's highest' ShockedSad
Report wedge1 January 11, 2021 5:37 PM GMT
the way people are carrying on be lucky to have anything to look forward to the woke of the uk  going stupid let alone worrying about a dog that loves to run
Report RothmanMike January 16, 2021 6:05 PM GMT
Another false alarm, and fake news.
Whinge about it when it happens,don’t spread alarm based on your own misguided opinions.
Thanking you in advance.
Report casemoney January 17, 2021 8:37 PM GMT
Was spreading nothing Mike , they were threatening to shut down Horses Low League football as well ,would not have taken too much to pull the switch on Us , Hopefully we will be out of all this carry on come April .

All 60 plus and Vulnerable should have been Jabbed by Mid March ,after that not sure why there would be any Lockdown .
Report privatehire January 18, 2021 12:16 PM GMT
Please god case.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com