Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
scottyboy8
02 Feb 19 09:38
| Topic/replies: 46 | Blogger: scottyboy8's blog
Hi everyone,

I am looking into becoming a Greyhound Trainer. I was thinking of getting about 5 dogs myself to start with and training them and seeing how it goes.

I was just wondering if there are any trainers on this forum and you can tell me how much you can make doing this. I will have space for around 20 dogs eventually.

I will be racing them at Shawfield mostly.

Thanks,
Scott
Pause Switch to Standard View How Much Do Greyhound Trainers Make?
Show More
Report ItsMeSwaddle February 2, 2019 10:57 AM GMT
Sorry to be rude, you obviously have a passion for it, but i wouldn't bother.

The game is dead, PM for more info.

I cant say this decisively but you'd have to be clued up to the point where you know if they are gunna win or should i say have a chance of winning.
Report RothmanMike February 2, 2019 11:14 AM GMT
If you attach to a track with SIS contract, and 5 or 6 healthy dogs, you have a chance.
Report WINSTONE February 2, 2019 11:59 AM GMT
FORGET ABOUT IT YOU GOT MORE CHANCE OF MEETING THE POPE
Report daveg February 2, 2019 12:18 PM GMT
At Shawfield, you have absolutely no chance of making a living, even with 20 healthy dogs running once a week.

Prize money seems to be £26 for a win, and £12 or £14 for also runs.

So, 20 dogs each running once a week and, being optimistic, 5 winners

Total prize money = 15 x £14 and 5 x £26 - total of £340

Offset - feed, diesel, electricity, gas, rent and probably a few more things.

As soon as you get dogs off the card - bitches in season, injuries, resting, you are even deeper in the doodoo

And of course, then there are vets' bills
Report Winja February 2, 2019 12:44 PM GMT
dave has set out the situation perfectly......one sheet of paper with all expenses including wages...…...another sheet of paper with all realistic income....which should not include wagers......if income outweighs outlays then give it a chance...….i think the experience of the forum would not expect the calculations to be favourable....
Report daveg February 2, 2019 3:31 PM GMT
and that only covers day-to- day running - assuming that you already have kennels to a standard that the GBGB will approve, a van fitted out with cages and the necessary air management system and all the other bits and pieces - leads, muzzles, jackets, treatment equipment, etc
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com