Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
vindaloo
25 Jul 16 11:11
| Topic/replies: 740 | Blogger: vindaloo's blog
this true? been sacked from rom
Pause Switch to Standard View jim reynolds sacked
Show More
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 25, 2016 12:27 PM BST
I guess we are more tolerant with time finding over here than you lot are over there Grin
Report Stow_judge July 25, 2016 12:27 PM BST
An improvement of 50 spots is the unwritten rule, isn't it? I guess you'd be unlikely to be sacked for a single incident.
Report Stow_judge July 25, 2016 12:28 PM BST
Yes pf, the regulation is much tighter over here.
Report mrglovesthosetins July 25, 2016 12:29 PM BST
The worlds fing gone mad
Report dr . atkins July 25, 2016 12:31 PM BST
the trouble is that certain trainers one of them was jim reynolds dogs are and were being handicapped by the romford racing office for many years because they do there dogs right how would you like to own a dog had after 3 trials its best time is say 25.10 and you get put in a5 but if a lucas or simpson you get a6 or a7
Report wondersobright July 25, 2016 12:32 PM BST
correct mg
Report starship July 25, 2016 12:34 PM BST
the trouble is that certain trainers one of them was jim reynolds dogs are and were being handicapped by the romford racing office for many years because they do there dogs right how would you like to own a dog had after 3 trials its best time is say 25.10 and you get put in a5 but if a lucas or simpson you get a6 or a7

i would not bet on it but i think jim might have drawn mr odowd to this fact.

on a more serious note, i would imagine that simpson and lucas trials dogs do not find much time on their trials
Report wondersobright July 25, 2016 12:34 PM BST
starship...yes plenty of races each day with 6 dogs all with exposed form

nobody is forced to play in races where they have incomplete info, you play at your own risk
Report dr . atkins July 25, 2016 12:35 PM BST
i want romford racing office to start looking at dogs on betfair that dift and also go out to 10t1 and bigger its about time they started looking at certain trainers
Report kerrching July 25, 2016 12:36 PM BST
So basically you own a dog at Romford, the management run the F*ck out of it, you're bang out of order if you fancy it and try and have a good bet on it.

Summary.. The track abuse your property
          You can't gamble it to win anything half decent
          So you hope and prey that your dog doesn't pick up a bad injury (your expense)
          So basically you hope your dog stays sound and covers the kennel bill

Games F*cked is any wonder people aren't willing to buy dogs.
Report wondersobright July 25, 2016 12:38 PM BST
you got it kerrching
Report dr . atkins July 25, 2016 12:39 PM BST
yes starship i wonder why can't be because they are clueless by any chance and have to have a little help from the racing office
Report starship July 25, 2016 12:39 PM BST
Romford are due to release a statement concerning the departure of trainer Jim Reynolds. We understand that his departure follows an alleged time-finding incident on Airport Glider at Romford on Saturday. The puppy returned at 4-1 when winning an A5 race in 24.23, four days after recording 24.97 in a solo trial. All Reynolds’ runners have been taken off tonight’s card.
Report dr . atkins July 25, 2016 12:41 PM BST
yep that's me finished with the place no more dogs at romford but will still bet there and try and fck all bookmakers
Report wondersobright July 25, 2016 12:42 PM BST
Laugh
Report dr . atkins July 25, 2016 12:44 PM BST
sp was 3t1 starship
Report starship July 25, 2016 12:47 PM BST
sp was 3t1 starship

i copied and pasted, so not my fault
Report vindaloo July 25, 2016 12:54 PM BST
was it just that one incident starship as i know  that borna days was another that found plenty first time up
Report dr . atkins July 25, 2016 12:55 PM BST
so if you do your dogs to a high standard and they win you can get the sack so what do they want trainers to do start laying there dogs and stop them from winning because you don't get the sack for that maybe it's the way forward for trainers just lay your short price dogs
Report dr . atkins July 25, 2016 12:56 PM BST
vindaloo who they made re-trial and did a bad injury
Report dr . atkins July 25, 2016 1:00 PM BST
oh if you are betting at romford tonight and there is early prices don't forget be nrs just in case corals forget
Report dr . atkins July 25, 2016 1:03 PM BST
what's the betting jonathan kay and the rptv will stick up for romford you can't name the odds
Report Stow_judge July 25, 2016 1:21 PM BST
Coral Statement

“We have today terminated Mr Reynolds’ contract as a Romford trainer with immediate effect as we deem that Mr Reynolds has brought the integrity of the sport and the track into question. The integrity of the sport is of paramount importance, in order for owners and trainers to operate on a fair and level playing field, and for punters to have total confidence in the sport as a betting medium. Mr Reynolds was warned as to his future conduct at a meeting with track officials last month, and there are two further enquiries pending, which relate to incidents involving Mr Reynolds’ dogs, bringing the total to four in a nine month period.”

“We are not ruling out bringing in another trainer to replace Mr Reynolds in the future, but we are satisfied that the current number of dogs will meet upcoming racing requirements.”
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 25, 2016 1:30 PM BST
I believe hiring a fcukwit like they have as an odds compiler brings the sport into disrepute but he still has his job Confused
Report wondersobright July 25, 2016 1:35 PM BST
25 years ffs HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Experience
Greyhound Trading Manager
Gala Coral Group
September 1990 – Present (25 years 11 months)

Responsible for pricing and trading all greyhound markets across all betting channels (Shops/Phones/Web).
Assist with PR duties including TV interviews and liaising with journalists.
Employed by Coral since September 1990 in various roles.
Report dr . atkins July 25, 2016 1:45 PM BST
they will have to bring in another trainer
Report dr . atkins July 25, 2016 1:54 PM BST
so getting back to sat race the 2nd in the race improved by 40 spots nothing said and was bet plus the bowser went around before the race no money for the winner at the track
Report everton-fc July 25, 2016 3:17 PM BST
I'm waiting for Korals to put out a statement saying how many thousands they laid off course, jokers.

How Danny gets away with copy & paste tissues I'll never know.

''Responsible for pricing and trading all greyhound markets across all betting channels (Shops/Phones/Web)''
Should say, sit back, wait for blue/pink on oddschecker, then go slightly below or in line with others and limit accounts to peanuts on anyone thats half decent and impose silly PTL limits in shops.
Report Ravage Again July 25, 2016 4:32 PM BST
Touch luck serves him right, I heard it drove all four bends really well Cool

All these trainers should have stuck up to the bookmakers 15 to 20 years ago but showed no back bone

His job and all the others trainers are now in total control of the bookmakers, click fingers and he toast

O well he can start training at henlow now as it has five bends and his runner fly around them Laugh
Report ebulGery July 25, 2016 6:42 PM BST
Finding .80 off trial is 10 lengths, I would regard that as excessive.

It is not the sort of thing a punter would expect.

Jim Reynold's has been very silly if he has been playing games. He has just lost a very good contract.

He had already been warned.

If the 2nd in race improved .40 it could be the going was much faster than shown.

That would mean JR's dog found only found 5 lengths, not as bad.

I don't know?

As a punter I have some sympathy with Starship's view.
Report sparrow July 25, 2016 6:52 PM BST
I believe there was a number of races involved. I think we need to know of all the evidence they have supposedly listed against him. Having said that if it involves any time finding from lightly raced pups then that should be discounted. Lightly raced pups have found lumps of time for as long as I remember and probably before that.
Report dr . atkins July 25, 2016 7:58 PM BST
All pups sparrow very young pups
Report Ravage Again July 25, 2016 8:03 PM BST
JR been on RPTV a few times saying he don't punt

I heard one of his owners had a massive bet with corals

He managed to get a £100 on at 4/1 by using 50 betting shops, 2 quid each shop

Only problem was it cost the poor sod a grand in petrol money to collect his winnings Laugh
Report sparrow July 25, 2016 8:37 PM BST
Sounds ridiculous then, dr.atkins. But as has been said earlier on this thread.......What can you expect from bookmaker owned tracks.
Report garryc July 25, 2016 9:37 PM BST
his pup airport glider was always goint to get faster ,it had a 24.97 with a 3.95 sectional yet it had a 3,77 sectional in its first trial at romford so thats nearly 20 spots off a difference already plus its got an eased comment in at trial so it was maybe finding its way back from a niggle .but if anyone is amazed that a 20 month old pup found that improvement they obviously dont know anything about greyhounds,it happens all the time
Report fat boy slim July 25, 2016 9:40 PM BST
So , what exactly has Jim done wrong ? From the C@ral statement , it would appear they are accusing him of something sinister . It would be interesting to know , over the last 9 months , what percentage of his dogs priced at 2-1 or less have been beat , ie Fav's . No whinging from bookies on those occasions ?
I don't have this data , does anyone on here ?
Report wondersobright July 25, 2016 9:59 PM BST
will send you PM in next half hour fbs
Report casemoney July 25, 2016 10:35 PM BST
Coral no problems with the Nailed or Lame Type of Competitor Plain

There are Dogs running at every track that should not be on the Card Shirley that is Bordering

on Cruelty ?
Report patrick starr July 26, 2016 12:57 AM BST
An absolute fkin disgrace whats happened to JR.

All of the enquiries involve unexposed youngsters...a trainer does his job well and some fkin bluffer responsible for the prices gets to keep his....what an absolute farce of a situation....and those fkers taking the moral high ground on here and feeling quite smug about it all after doing their dough saturday wanna remember that their stake saturday was being funded by one of the JR punts the week before where they were sucking theirselves off for being so clever spotting borna time was an accident waiting to happen in the grade when a fkim monkey could have seen it (yet still tippex and his team missed it)
Report patrick starr July 26, 2016 1:06 AM BST
What is a rommers trainer to do....an owner walks into maxine lockes sunday morning and says "I have 3k to spend on a dog for romford" and the fella loves a thick punt are they are to tell him to go elsewhere?....ffs is that what we have come too?

Its an absolute ridiculous precedent to have set....We've all known long enough it'stan unwritten rule you cant bet a winner....is an owner now supposed to be afraid to have a bet cos his trainer will lose his job if he happens to cop....turn the fkin lights off on the game if so imo
Report garryc July 26, 2016 5:30 AM BST
its a joke whats happening here and in greyhound racing in general,without the betting the sport just would not interest most people as you need the gambling to make it exciting unless you own a dog.but now you are not allowed to win money or you are given a red card,its bad enough everybody is getting their acccounts closed with the bookies but now people are losing jobs ,its a disgrace
Report mickwheblembe July 26, 2016 7:17 AM BST
It is the cancer of the bags organisation to blame they now control every part of greyhound racing,they are responsible for the 80% decline in Attendancies over the past 20 years slowly eroding the sport for gain,by saturating the public in betting shops,they terrorise,trainers and gutless promoters who keep 75% of bags revenue,The GTA if they have any guts should organise a full strike and show they cannot suffer bags Pol Pot attitude to the greyhound fraternity,Get rid Of Tom Kelly  from the GBGB because his appointment is like putting Jack the Ripper in a nurses home he is a two faced back stabbing pariah who has helped with the demise of greyhound racing I know I worked in and loved the sport for 40 years and awarded an MBE for it,I know what is wrong with the sport and it will be finished in the next ten years if the greyhound public do not act.
Report mickwheblembe July 26, 2016 7:41 AM BST
If and when I can find a publisher to produce my auto biography during my 40 years in greyhound racing at all management levels I will blow the lid on BAGS procedures and the input by them in dismantling the. greyhound racing industry as a sport ,The ONLY way to save greyhound s complete demise is to reform from top to bottom the way it is run,Owners and Trainers deserve a better deal than what they are getting now which is being bullied,frightened,lives and income ruined and especially the dedication restored by all those genuine lovers and people who love and work in the sport that I and millions love not for money but for pleasure,the GBGB have allowed BAGS to slowly dismantle the social fabric of this sport and they will succeed in destroying the sport forever within ten years.
Report sparrow July 26, 2016 9:06 AM BST
I notice the last poster mentions the GTA and requesting their support.  But would an organisation who voted to expel Jim Reynolds from his position as chairman in 2007 give him their support?
Report mrglovesthosetins July 26, 2016 10:38 AM BST
I just shake me head at it all, the game we all enjoy and love is dying a slow death because of the big firmed owned tracks, they want it every which way and because of the incompetence of their compilers/traders in the lack of putting in some time and effort on big bonus'/salaries and chucking down the racing post tissue dogs/pups with improvement or running well without winning getting punted from 3/1 to 5/4 as poss in one of these cases are not gambles but just wrong prices in the first instance and the price ending up at that dogs proper chance/% of winning that particular race. I dont know the whole story but i think a few here will have been made scape goats and examples been made of. Lord help us.
Report Czechbet July 26, 2016 11:50 AM BST
lots of sense spoken on here and its very depressing...

in a nutshell what is the point of spending money on buying a greyhound to race, putting it with a trainer who is scared to let it win and you cant get a proper bet on it anyway... thus is how they are killing the game and they know it

only the hardcore can find half a way round it!Crazy

its almost like lets shut the industry down completely, close all the tracks and start again fresh

in the right hands its still a brilliant sport and betting product...

you cant polish a turd, they don't have the heart or brains to improve the situation 100%
Report Ravage Again July 26, 2016 12:10 PM BST
I am sure all of Jims fellow Romford trainers will support him by adopting the appropriate action in the circumstances
Report louisone July 26, 2016 12:39 PM BST
THERE ARE SOME TRAINERS WHO HAVE BEEN UP BEFORE THE STEWARDS MORE TIMES AND ARE STILL ALLOWED TO TRAIN DOGS, WHEN I TRAINED MY DOGS I KNEW WHEN I COULD HAVE A BET AS I DID'NT KNOW IF THOSE TRAINERS WERE TRYING WITH THEIR DOGS, MY DOG BEAT A DOG ONE WEEK AND THE NEXT GOT BEAT BY THE SAME DOG CLOCKING AN OPEN TIME IN AN A7, THEY CALLED AN ENQUIRY AND HE GOT FIND £100 SOME JUSTICE! IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHO YOU ARE.
Report theres only one best tonic July 26, 2016 1:15 PM BST
Back in the days before the over saturation of meetings a dog with this profile ie one very good Irish run but some ordinary trials  would probably have been made to trial again and show something in line with its Irish form. However nowadays the desperate need for dogs to get on the card asap means this type of thing is likely to happen. Or maybe whoever graded this dog on had no idea of the strength of its Irish card and put it in way below its ability,none of which is Jim Reynolds fault and yet its he who pays the price and loses his contract
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 26, 2016 1:24 PM BST
Spot on, it's not the trainers fault that whoever graded the dog and done up the card totally ignored what he had done over here, the trainer should not be punished and not expected not to punish their laziness.

It is like Allen Wizard who in September had beaten Tyrur Van Gaal, Slippery Snowy, Highview Premier, Barefoot Artist, Jaytee Valencia etc...... on route to the Derby Plate final in which he went off a 3/1 shot finishing behind Laughil Duke. Fast forward to December and he is running in an A6 at Henlow, seriously you cannot make that up
Report Aladdin Sane July 26, 2016 1:25 PM BST
There was once a time when decisions like this were made by the Greyhound Racing Authorities, rather than a Bookmaker.  Another example, if one was needed, as to who appears to control Greyhound Racing in this country.
Report wondersobright July 26, 2016 1:32 PM BST

Jul 26, 2016 -- 1:15PM, theres only one best tonic wrote:

Back in the days before the over saturation of meetings a dog with this profile ie one very good Irish run but some ordinary trials

Report wondersobright July 26, 2016 1:33 PM BST
theres only one best tonic • July 26, 2016 1:15 PM BST
Back in the days before the over saturation of meetings a dog with this profile ie one very good Irish run but some ordinary trials  would probably have been made to trial again and show something in line with its Irish form. However nowadays the desperate need for dogs to get on the card asap means this type of thing is likely to happen. Or maybe whoever graded this dog on had no idea of the strength of its Irish card and put it in way below its ability,none of which is Jim Reynolds fault and yet its he who pays the price and loses his contract

that is exactly what it is, 100% spot on
Report mrglovesthosetins July 26, 2016 1:48 PM BST
I wonder how long it will be until the young romford grader will be back on rpgtv and i wonder if the emails sent in regarding this thread will be discussed.
Report Czechbet July 26, 2016 1:50 PM BST
yep well said tonic
Report Ravage Again July 26, 2016 2:09 PM BST
PF on that night

Three of sir Eric were hammered in price and all them hacked up, though the bookie that I think got bashed ain't own any greyhound tracks

It's a good job henlow ain't got a bags contract
Report wedge1 July 26, 2016 2:33 PM BST
mickwheblembe   

26 Jul 16 07:41 
Joined:  31 Dec 11      | Topic/replies: 2  | Blogger: mickwheblembe's blog

interesting an ex racing manager think you should easily find someone to publish
Report ebulGery July 26, 2016 3:25 PM BST
If Jim Reynolds had previously been warned there must be a pattern here?
It has happened again so he has been dismissed.

I wonder how Jim Reynolds sees this, and what his version of this is?
He has lost a good contract which has serious repercussions for him.

I am wondering what exactly has been going on here.
Puppies do improve off trials, it is when they find chunks of time is the problem , especially if betting patterns
are involved.

I don't know the truth of this myself either way at the moment?
I would be interested to know the truth
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 26, 2016 3:41 PM BST
http://www.igb.ie/results/greyhound-search/greyhound-details/?gid=E68ACE55-1... (his debut)

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?page=stadia&stadiummode=5&land=ie&st=12016&year=2016&distance=302&x=5&y=4

http://www.igb.ie/results/greyhound-search/greyhound-details/?gid=2C7F409F-3B85-4FB3-B0C0-9F0768879E77 (I spot quicker than him)

Did the racing manager or whoever was grading this dog not take any of this into account? The answer is clearly no so why did they not? The other example I put up a dog going off 3/1 to win the Derby Plate gets put in an A6 3 months later. Just because said racing managers don't have the time or are lazy bollox's means the trainer / owners should not take advantage of a lenient grade?
The simple fact is supposedly the took a few quid off the bookmakers and they're spitting the dummy out, had the dog been beaten a short head in the same time it's a million he would have got the bullet.
Report dr . atkins July 26, 2016 3:49 PM BST
i feel sorry for the girls who work at the kennel they do everything right treat the dogs as their own and because these pups have improved over the period of time they may lose their jobs
Report dr . atkins July 26, 2016 3:54 PM BST
their is a running joke between a few of us that when the asst racing manager does the card a certain trainer seems to get a few winners
Report ebulGery July 26, 2016 3:56 PM BST
If this is a one off it would be hard..

The pup has improved .74 in four days that is over 9 lengths....if I was punter on that race I might wonder a bit?
But it is not impossible.
If this is linked to previous with the same betting patterns then well??????????????????????????????????????

At BAGS tracks trainers have to obey the rules. Bookmakers don't operate a democracy.
I would like to see what JR has to say....
Report mrglovesthosetins July 26, 2016 4:01 PM BST
As far as Borna Time goes the dog had been threatening to do what it did on the 14th, it had been running well with dogs pacing up inside of it and finding trouble when trying to go mad down the back on a few occasions and the 3/1 about it the day it won was more than fair and it wouldn't of been to anyone's surprise (other than the boys putting up the 3/1) that it was bet into near enough a 50% chance of winning the race, it got a level break with the two inside it and it took off as previously suggested that it would, 1 held the pack up off the 2nd bend and the winning distance was well over exaggerated. I hope this dog in this particular race wasn't a major factor in what went on because if it is its shambolic to say the very least, you pay peanuts you get monkeys end of.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 26, 2016 4:04 PM BST
If this is linked to previous with the same betting patterns then well??????????????????????????????????????

well fkin what?? if they have had the same situation with a dog that's in a grade it's better than (due to the grader being sh1te at his job) or overpriced (due to clueless sacks of sh1t pricing it) what's the problem, ffs the game is all about getting an edge without breaking the rules yet you annoy the bookmakers and get sacked.

How is Mr.Simpson getting on at Romford? Facks sake his dogs do be at times drunker than myself and Patrick Starr when we visit Rommers Plain
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 26, 2016 4:06 PM BST
I am absolutely amazed at those defending this decision and can only conclude they've bet a loser in this or other races a Reynolds runner has won when the dog has took a step forward and are holding it against him
Report dr . atkins July 26, 2016 4:08 PM BST
if i was a trainer at romford i would be worried if people started to bet my dogs outside in the betting shops and god forbid they were put on in a corals shop
Report mrglovesthosetins July 26, 2016 4:10 PM BST
Muppet Show
Report dr . atkins July 26, 2016 4:10 PM BST
pf even sherlock holmes could not find out how mr simpson got the job at romford
Report dr . atkins July 26, 2016 4:12 PM BST
if a certain trainer gets the job at romford it will be the biggest fit up job ever done in greyhound racing
Report Czechbet July 26, 2016 4:23 PM BST
exactly right doc, other trainers without even a clue could end up sacked because someone else punted their runners?

how are trainers supposed to keep owners happy these days, "your dogs fit and well but do me a favour don't bet it"... ffs Crazy
Report irishone July 26, 2016 5:01 PM BST
Lot of bowlox here... he was at it believe me ! ...and to be hoñest cant blame the fellah
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 26, 2016 5:05 PM BST
With all due respect I would rather believe what Woody posts than a clueless f*ckwit like yourself
Report Ravage Again July 26, 2016 5:08 PM BST
Romford should introduce a minimum of ten trials for each greyhound to prevent things like this happening in the future
Report mrglovesthosetins July 26, 2016 5:19 PM BST
You dont need to be at it the way the tins of beans are priced up - its like buy one get two free.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 26, 2016 5:25 PM BST
no doubt the dog wasn't fully off in his qualifying trials over there, as i already said why would you show your hand in qualifying trials, i'd change trainer if he had my dog off for it's life in qualifying
Report ebulGery July 26, 2016 6:58 PM BST
Ravage Again  • July 26, 2016 5:08 PM BST ..
Romford should introduce a minimum of ten trials for each greyhound to prevent things like this happening in the future

Laugh
Report dr . atkins July 26, 2016 7:03 PM BST
friday opens up
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 26, 2016 7:08 PM BST
Why has the racing manager put 8 dogs on the card from a trainer that is bringing the integrity of greyhound racing and Romford track into question Confused
Report Rydal July 26, 2016 7:40 PM BST
If the dog ran to its true form on Saturday night, what was the reason for the very slow trials on 3 successive occasions, the latest of which was only last Tuesday? I can understand leaving a bit for the race but nearly 80 spots?
Report starship July 26, 2016 8:42 PM BST

if u r serious, this is one of the most daftest comment i have read.....and i have read a few
Report millhouse July 26, 2016 9:02 PM BST
All these trainers should have stuck up to the bookmakers 15 to 20 years ago but showed no back bone

His job and all the others trainers are now in total control of the bookmakers, click fingers and he toast

Jim Reynolds was one of the very few people who did make a stand when the sport tried to free itself from bookmaker control.

My favourite part of this whole charade, was when the worthless Cral PR fraud, who is little short of a professional liar, and whose contribution to the sport is a speck of dust, starts banging on about 'integrity'...
Report Ravage Again July 26, 2016 9:21 PM BST
Well I was going to say 20 trials but I was thinking of 6 month bitches that may come back in season and never get a race in Laugh

That's why corals never offered me a job as senior racing manager as I am just too good Cool
Report Ravage Again July 26, 2016 9:27 PM BST
Oi oi

Blackstone marco Love
Report casemoney July 26, 2016 10:17 PM BST
The Bookmaker stadium ,Sadly that is our Sport Sad
Report Ravage Again July 26, 2016 10:20 PM BST
Surely he must withdraw his dogs just before kennelling
Report Rydal July 27, 2016 10:36 AM BST
We don't really know all the details. If he were an employee, it would come out at an industrial tribunal. Here, it will come out (if it all) through leaks and/or press releases. Eight runners on the card on Friday leaves you wondering though.
Report Ravage Again July 27, 2016 12:15 PM BST
Someone emailed in to rptv last night that the owners had £25 each at 3-1

That will be why this decision is made you can not win £150 quid off a bookie now
Report wondersobright July 27, 2016 8:33 PM BST
predictable from the RPTV crew Laugh...clark has got creosote all over his arse hobbsy-esque and meek was a million to criticise the track he works for and surprise surprise who he sided with

whankers
Report mrglovesthosetins July 27, 2016 9:13 PM BST
Splinters
Report limited ability July 27, 2016 10:56 PM BST
I sent in an email to RPGTV tonight, voicing my concerns over bookmaker owned tracks and lo and behold they totally ignored it.

But hey Tina got a couple of mentions.

Splinters is being kind.
Report sparrow July 28, 2016 7:34 AM BST
limited ability    27 Jul 16 22:56 
I sent in an email to RPGTV tonight, voicing my concerns over bookmaker owned tracks and lo and behold they totally ignored it.

Did you really think that a person employed by a bookmaker sponsored channel would read out the email?
Report casemoney July 28, 2016 9:08 PM BST
Prob is Sparrow its  bookmaker owned tracks or Fook All Sad
Report sparrow July 29, 2016 9:54 AM BST
As well as bookmaker owned tracks we still have the ultimate enemy of greyhound racing, the GRA, still involved in it's destruction of the sport. And the GRA  have been doing this for more than 40 years. I haven't forgot what they did to Clapton which prior to their ownership was turning out Derby winners every other year and the strongest betting market in the country.
Report ebulGery July 29, 2016 11:34 AM BST
Yes I remember Clapton Sparrow, it did have some very good quality dogs

Greyhound racing has been woefully abused or abused itself....

I remember Greyhounds tracks all over London, wonderful daysHappy consigned to history nowSad
Report apassagetobangkok July 29, 2016 3:46 PM BST
Did Romford/Corals not have previous for this with regard to Paddy Coughlan (Greenfield Madam trainer) getting his books along with racing manager at the time for a similar incident?

The double standards in the sport at the moment will surely kill it - vile companies encouraging unfortunate people to ruin their lives by ploughing all their money into machines in their shops, yet when anyone tries anything against them (and I'm not saying Jim has) they cry foul!

The sport if it's going to survive needs a complete overhaul and a mass clear out - sadly it's not going to happen and it's not going to last beyond the medium term.
Report clayfield1 July 29, 2016 4:21 PM BST
The GBGB have not got any long term plans for the sport, They don't even know were the Greyhound Derby will be run, if or when Wimbledon closes. The sport is run by a load of idiots who can't look no more then a few month in front. What are they doing to help get new young trainers started up, are they going to wait until we get to the point were most of the present day trainers have gone to that dog track in the sky then do something. Who have they got in charge of getting new sponsors in to the sport?
Report casemoney July 29, 2016 9:14 PM BST
GBGB only interested in pay 100s of 1000s for their city office space and swanning round like they are top men of the city ,A COMPLETE SHOWER OF CXNTS .
Report casemoney July 29, 2016 9:15 PM BST
The Game is Finnished without Bookies tracks where would it Be ?
Report casemoney July 29, 2016 9:19 PM BST
Was plenty of Space at Don for Offices that GBGB could have taken up ,The absolute Fortunes that have been spent on their City offices Could have been spent on the Don Grandstand Upgrade , Can only be Evens there is some sort of association with the owners of the City offices someone getting the Lot there as well ...
Report clayfield1 July 30, 2016 10:14 AM BST
Just read in todays  racing Post that the Wolverhampton branch of the RGT are seeking a new site. The kennel owner from which it now operates from is selling her home and kennels. Why can't the GBGB fund the purchase of the house and kennels,It would be an asset that holds value, not like GIVING money to a track to build an extension onto their restaurant. Like I said GBGB is run by a load of IDIOTS.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com