Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lanza
24 Jun 15 23:53
| Topic/replies: 7,008 | Blogger: lanza's blog
Just popped into the market to have a quick glance.

How many in betfair's exchange list are injured?  fook me, irishone must be creaming his pants counting the ones that are not gonna turn up.  Think i might swerve this cack comp. Laugh DevilWink the sharks and pf are out there circling.

Has the winner been added yet irish?  Devil  What a layers paradise this market is! Laugh

How many english are gonna turn up, might need to bring their chemists with them tho Laugh

think i heard after hills 250k success story, yes 250k..thats right 250k, they might think about sponsoring englands little brothers race (the irish derby) Devil and be doing a few win and you're in races along with a first round where only 2 qualify.  Would really roflmfao if that happened.  Throw in a extra midweek round for good measure. Laugh and get the bowser over to complete the lotto

gonna take out some woody insurance Wink and price up after pf's write up! Laugh Cool

tommy 2968 Laugh nice run pf??
Pause Switch to Standard View Irish Derby 2015
Show More
Report irishone September 14, 2015 10:42 AM BST
• Food service from our outdoor food service outlet. - Min Numbers of 10 pax apply.- Must be pre-booked and pre-paid- Available only on September 19th 2015 - See more at: http://www.igb.ie/go-greyhound-racing/our-stadiums/shelbourne-park-greyhound...
Report irishone September 14, 2015 10:42 AM BST
MusicGround Floor Main Entrance: 4pm to 5.30pm - Joe Connaire Traditional Irish Group5.30pm to 7pm - Hogan & Mann First Floor Main Bar/Restaurant Area5pm to 7pm - Michaela Hogg Ground Floor Food Hall/ Coffee Dock Area5.30pm to 7pm - Joe Connaire Traditional Irish Group Pavillion Area5pm to 7pm - DJ Post racing music ground floor: 10.40 to late (Joe Connaire Traditional Irish Group) - See more at: http://www.igb.ie/go-greyhound-racing/our-stadiums/shelbourne-park-greyhound...
Report miss.wales September 14, 2015 1:29 PM BST
Woody

Ballydoyle Honey has declined an invitation to run in the €4.5k Open Bitch Stake at Curraheen Park and is an intended runner at Shelbourne on Derby Final night.

I believe she has been promised a draw nearer the rails (only joking - honestly).Wink

Irishone

How much is it just for entrance?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 14, 2015 1:33 PM BST
€20
Report irishone September 14, 2015 1:55 PM BST
Tickets are now on sale for the final of the @**** Irish Greyhound Derby which will take place Shelbourne Park Greyhound Stadium on September 19th.

Check out www.shelbourneparkgreyhoundstadium.ie to book, tickets €20 per person.
Report dr . atkins September 14, 2015 3:04 PM BST
can't get a hard on for the english or irish derby don't see what all the fuss is about rather play in a8 graded but each to there own have a good night for all the people that are going
Report wondersobright September 14, 2015 3:26 PM BST
most on here couldn't get a hard on full stop
Report casemoney September 14, 2015 8:28 PM BST
Joe Connaire Traditional Irish Group ? sounds a cracking evening

No doubt  Woody and the Mrs will be in full flight  doing the

Ceilidh......
Report irishone September 14, 2015 8:49 PM BST
Laugh
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 15, 2015 5:11 PM BST
final night card is up, lacks wow factor for me (the Night Of Stars really has overtaken it)
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 15, 2015 5:22 PM BST
wash my mouth out, can;t believe i am about to post this but the sprint looks just about the best race of the night
Report woodmanchester September 15, 2015 7:26 PM BST
Personally, I'm plenty happy enough with that card. Agree interesting sprint and bitches race, too. Vulturi versus Morning Music could be a good race and a close call. Dont want to say anything about the Plate but could be in for a big windfall. Save The Don due a flier and Cafu looking to atone. Even after the Derby, quality 'hounds on parade like Fair Taxes, Ballymac Bonnie, Rural Hawaii, Coran Sky and Ballyhooley Henry. Very pleased. Just want some half-decent prices now! Laugh
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 15, 2015 7:32 PM BST
Dont want to say anything about the Plate but could be in for a big windfall.

Amazing, you had you're biggest bet of the year on Tyrur Van Gaal as he was in your words "different class" & said you bet Deanridge Pennys e/w but are now in for a big windfall ?

I need staking planning tips of you Woody
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 15, 2015 7:40 PM BST
The Plate final is one of the more interesting races for me down to how they've priced it off course, i really do like one in that at the prices
Report woodmanchester September 15, 2015 7:42 PM BST
Mail PF
Report ebulGery September 15, 2015 9:33 PM BST
You now have woody's staking plan pfLaugh

Still I like woodyLove

I know Irish and Wonders don't but I do
Report woodmanchester September 16, 2015 6:18 AM BST
Morning Ebul, plenty more than those two with the knives out for me! Laugh
Report irishone September 16, 2015 10:54 AM BST
Woody has polluted this forum for four years ebul and before he came it had some decent opinions and tips on here.
Most of those contributors don't post anymore and many couldn't be bothered arguing with the ejit.
Glad you like him , soon there will only be two of you left. Plain
Report woodmanchester September 16, 2015 12:59 PM BST
BBC weather forecast Dublin Saturday, mild and mainly dry, possible chance a spot of rain. Better bring my City baseball cap, just in case! Laugh
Report ebulGery September 16, 2015 1:50 PM BST
irishone
Glad you like him , soon there will only be two of you left. Plain

LaughLaugh
Report maxheadroom September 16, 2015 9:16 PM BST
to any regulars? this saturday shelbourne park do you need a ticket for admission or can you pay at the gate on the night. thanks
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 16, 2015 9:20 PM BST
there will be tickets for sale on the gate
Report woodmanchester September 16, 2015 10:26 PM BST
Tyrur Tommy withdrawn from Consolation. Reserve likely to be Lemon Miley
Report woodmanchester September 17, 2015 6:19 AM BST
Initial thoughts:

Suspect 7/2 Ballymac Matt can follow Farloe Blitz round again but this time, nail him on the pay-stick

7/4 Laughil Duke runs the risk of being clobbered but if securing a clear enough passage, his fine middle prowess should take him into the reckoning third bend and could be right in contention business end

Kilmore Drifter is a nippy type and hopeful of a decent run in competitive sprint

Samiya came from behind to lead up in Ballydoyle Honey a round of the Derby and has an obvious chance to me

Vulturi just does enough, hard to contain but short so looking to double with TV Trophy winner Ballymac Bonnie, hoping for about 3/1 combined

Although due a ping, the projection says you may not get a great deal of mileage out of Save The Don, so looking at a likely big price Blue Cafu to make up for disappointments

Fair Taxes isnt really blessed with tremendous early but fancied to assert from about the third bend at the main expense of speedy Drumsna Castle

Smart performer Rural Hawaii looks sure to put his rivals to the sword and can do the job, if not too excessively wide off the final bend. You've got to rub your eyes to believe Minor Bounds latest clocking. Out to prove it wasnt a flash in the pan

Ballyhooly Henry shapes as if 600yds right up his street and could send punters home with a bang! Excited

No prices yet, but they're your winners anyway! Laugh
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 17, 2015 10:41 AM BST
Thanks woodmanchester
Report woodmanchester September 17, 2015 11:02 AM BST
Well, they all say lay my fancies, so you might get better prices B*ylesports etc now Wink
Report woodmanchester September 17, 2015 1:16 PM BST
You can get 4/1 Ballymac Matt, if you fancy it
Report woodmanchester September 17, 2015 1:19 PM BST
Think Matt was shorter than that 2 or 3 rounds prior! Laugh
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 17, 2015 1:21 PM BST
He didn't have any injury doubts 2-3 rounds ago
Report woodmanchester September 17, 2015 1:38 PM BST
Didnt know he was injured. Just heard he was tired before semis? Was closing down Farloe Blitz at the finish anyway and seemed fine to the pick-up?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 17, 2015 1:46 PM BST
Closing on Blitz at the line - what price would you have made him at the 3rd bend when up Blitz's hole ? This is a dog that's come from behind over 600y and done 32:13 for the 600y trip

As much as i like Highview Apollo there is no way in the world he should have been running down Ballymac Matt the round before, you would expect Matt to beat Apollo following him around sure.

The dog is tired? From what? Surely running 3 week straight can't have knackered him that much as the alarm bells have been ringing from round 4 onwards. I can't have the tired argument unless he is one proper soft fckr

He has hardly had a hard schedule, he had 1 race in May before going to Wimbledon, then he had 3 races in June (in the 600), then one race around Tralee in July and then nothing until the middle of August and the start of the Derby.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 17, 2015 1:50 PM BST
If they can get him right / back to his best he is very dangerous and the price is too big
Report woodmanchester September 17, 2015 2:20 PM BST
Said earlier on thread, changed his style of running. Yes, 600yds fine in the past but shooting out now. Very much an exceptional tool a dog who does it both ends?
Report hunterwellies September 17, 2015 3:16 PM BST
what price do u think the fav will start sat pf pls? if u wanted to back it would u take the 11-8 now or wait? THX IN ADVANCE WELLIE!!
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 17, 2015 3:18 PM BST
take it
Report mesi September 17, 2015 3:19 PM BST
i know im not pf but think he will be nearer evens than 11\8
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 17, 2015 3:20 PM BST
If this was not the Derby final the dog would be odds on, he is the best drawn and a certain leader unless making a total balls of it, Matt has a tough draw with Cable Bay not wanting to be that far in and Peregrine Falcon inside him and Gaytime Hawk will need to smash to clear the 3 and 4
Report woodmanchester September 17, 2015 3:30 PM BST
Gaytime Hawk and Cable Bay picked up Farloe Blitz in an earlier round and chances again, even Matt if one gets a run behind Blitz, imo. The choice is a simple one, Blitz or the field. Know which way I'd jump Confused
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 17, 2015 3:38 PM BST
Farloe Blitz ran an absolute cracker the night he got picked up, he didn't come away from 6 that night and Gaytime Hawk came away running and Blitz only  barely went around. He was probably as impressive in that race as any in the Derby as he showed he can stick to it when he didn't get everything his own way. Anyway the most startling thing about that race that night wa the huge amount of ground Cable Bay made up on Gaytime Hawk.

What price are you laying Blitz at them Woody ?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 17, 2015 3:44 PM BST
If Blitz comes away as he has the 2 times he has been in that beautiful red box he will be near 2L up at the finish line first time and god knows how far ahead by the 1st bend and then the sprint boxes, they'll have a mountain to climb
Report hunterwellies September 17, 2015 3:50 PM BST
BETQUACK 2.52 £1440 thx again GLK WHATEVER U PLAY!
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 17, 2015 4:07 PM BST
aye good luck, the only dog i could back in the final as well is Blitz

I will be cheering on Peregrine Falcon (for connections) but unfortunately i give him little chance from the draw and i didn't like the way he finished his race up the straight last week.
Report Czechbet September 17, 2015 4:31 PM BST
pretty much most are masters of training a greyhound over there, but i rate Graham highly (had graders with him Portsmouth shrewdest trainer i've ever known) and if gaytime gets a sighter reckon he could back runs blitz tbh, looked like he idled a touch to me last run still has loads in tank

but fair play to blitz maybe they learnt from English derby paced him out nicely for final
Report Czechbet September 17, 2015 4:35 PM BST
also they barely know what a weight variation is over there rock solid weights week in week out..

bags schedule obvi very grueling but looks a joke shop in comparison lol
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 17, 2015 4:38 PM BST
some didn't during the English equivalent Plain Blitz weight went up every round and then final week, well the less said the better
Report woodmanchester September 17, 2015 4:51 PM BST
Done some balancing out. To my calculations, total staked £146 now

Returns:
Matt £175
Gaytime £175
Peregrine £175
Blitz £120
Cable £100
Rumble £100
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 17, 2015 4:54 PM BST
might do some myself
Report Czechbet September 17, 2015 4:56 PM BST
good point Pf
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 17, 2015 4:56 PM BST
Blitz -3 bags
Cable -3 bags
Matt -3 bags
Falcon -3 bags
Hawk -3 bags
Rumble -3 bags

Plain thoroughly enjoyed this years Derby
Report woodmanchester September 17, 2015 5:03 PM BST
Agree with Peregrine, looked a bit jaded run-in semis. Had every chance and surely cant reverse with Blitz or Matt. Poser whether Gaytime can get round unscathed. The dog's flying though and as said, Peregrine might be feeling hard competition with Matt possibly not breaking quite so well now lost rails for middle
Report Czechbet September 17, 2015 5:13 PM BST
you gotta give them a chance some years pf lol ul m8
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 17, 2015 5:19 PM BST
Just been different this year, a bit odd this year, even from the lack of attendances (was a terrible turn out the last 2 week) - still enjoyable though even if i have been in stupendous form Laugh
Report playthegameboy September 17, 2015 9:13 PM BST
I hear that Barnfield Panda has changed hands again. Will he still run at Harolds Cross?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 17, 2015 9:16 PM BST
Bubbly Club finally get him then ?? They already tried before the Texacloth final
Report playthegameboy September 17, 2015 9:42 PM BST
I heard Lenson
Report woodmanchester September 18, 2015 7:12 PM BST
24 hours until Ireland's biggest night of the year but no prices, either that or chalk is more expensive than gold! Laugh

Very early flight for me, so can only bet sp. It's a joke really. Talk about drumming up business?! Crazy
Report Oddball207 September 18, 2015 7:44 PM BST
Sectionals for the Irish Greyhound Derby Final and Consolation Final
http://onthewatch.weebly.com/irish-greyhound-derby/irish-greyhound-derby-final-and-consolation-final
Report Winja September 19, 2015 10:36 AM BST
woodmanchester  • September 17, 2015 4:51 PM BST 
Done some balancing out. To my calculations, total staked £146 now
Returns:
Matt £175
Gaytime £175
Peregrine £175
Blitz £120
Cable £100
Rumble £100

woody I thought the loaves and fishes story was incredible but your feats out perform those historical claims by a country mile......do you honestly expect anyone reading to actually believe your billy bull****.........for feck sake get a job and stop living in a bubble........
Report Deptford September 19, 2015 11:03 AM BST
Even Columbo would not be able to work Woodys tales out
Report casemoney September 19, 2015 7:59 PM BST
Has Rumble got a smash break in him ?
Report LoyalHoncho September 19, 2015 9:13 PM BST
For me case the only way Rumble can win is to trap slowly, head straight to the rail, follow Blitz round and hope to stay on and pass him late.  And he's still hoping the others won't be able to take part.
Come on the Blitz - do yourself justice doggy.
Report LoyalHoncho September 19, 2015 9:18 PM BST
Delighted for the Dowlings.  Well done.
Report vinnie_roe September 19, 2015 9:21 PM BST
What is the trainer doing with Blitz for these finals?
Report LoyalHoncho September 19, 2015 9:23 PM BST
Blitz ran a great race.  No complaints there for me.
Report lanza September 19, 2015 9:25 PM BST
Laugh matt.
Report casemoney September 19, 2015 9:25 PM BST
6 has ran a stormer **** had casts back unreal Cry
Report vinnie_roe September 19, 2015 9:26 PM BST
He didn't stay on as well as he did in the semis, and the time was only 29.63
Report frank60 September 19, 2015 9:27 PM BST
Great race, but Owen must have a pain in hisWhoops
Report LoyalHoncho September 19, 2015 9:28 PM BST
I agree with your assessment of his run at Wimbledon but I thought he did as well as he could tonight.  550 as far has he wants to go for me.
Report casemoney September 19, 2015 9:29 PM BST
You were right about rumble Loyal ,just for a second thought I might get the lot
Report vinnie_roe September 19, 2015 9:30 PM BST
If he produced his semi final run tonight, he would have won though.
Report LoyalHoncho September 19, 2015 9:30 PM BST
My criticism of the final is this.  If you're going to parade a Derby winner at least wear a DECENT pair of jeans - that is if you're going to wear jeans at all.
Report casemoney September 19, 2015 9:37 PM BST
JET 29.30 tonight wtf is actually going on over there dog been shyte through out derby
Report LoyalHoncho September 20, 2015 12:25 AM BST
LoyalHoncho • August 14, 2015 4:14 PM BST
My first round review: Hugely impressed with Ballymac Matt - he can go all the way.  The three who also impressed me, with how they ran the track, were Gyp Rosetti, Farloe Blitz and Slippery Snowy.  Tyrur Big Mike, already a top-class sire with a huge ratio of 100+ progeny already, about to get a Derby???
"Ee'nin stannad"!
Report liberator of the oppressed September 20, 2015 6:54 AM BST
Winja .. leave the lad alone. He's got enthusiasm and really enjoys his dogs like we all do and I like his posts like just about everybody else.
Report irishone September 20, 2015 8:49 AM BST
fantastic for liam , great night , some great performances.
Report irishone September 20, 2015 8:52 AM BST
liberator , its a classic case of when enthusiasm exceeds ability , the individual becomes delusional, a la X factor.
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2015 1:46 PM BST
Brilliant night. Said Farloe Blitz had better look in his wing mirrors run-in! Laugh. Got a resut in the Plate, weighed in. Tipped up 6 winners but track prices very bad. I cant connect on-line on my moby (beyond me), so on at poor bookies prices. Of the 10, not one reasonable layer amongst them. Mighty rip-off. What planet was Vulturi 4/6 and 7/4 early Fair Taxes so much better than 5/4 at the track. Big con those Shelbourne Park layers! Angry
Report irishone September 20, 2015 2:00 PM BST
^^^^^^  And there is your classic example ^^^^^^
Report mesi September 20, 2015 2:28 PM BST
dont think you can blame the bookies last night woody,the weight of money that kept comming for the favourites took some believing. when the money keeps comming what do you expet them to do,id say they did their balls last night Happy
Report never give up September 20, 2015 3:53 PM BST
WILL PUNTERS BETTING betting in the shops on ballyhooly henry get paid as they were betting  him to win a 600 yds race as advertised ?
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2015 5:05 PM BST
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Liberator Happy
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2015 5:15 PM BST
I get your point Mesi but the dogs were opening up ridiculously short
Report mesi September 20, 2015 5:37 PM BST
and were still being bet off the board.
Report mesi September 20, 2015 5:41 PM BST
not a chance NGU it will be brushed under the carpet as usual,i always thought they took the card from the igb site.it was advertised as a 600 in all websites and papers
Report never give up September 20, 2015 5:45 PM BST
mesi it will have to be settled as a non runner then....................punters were betting trap 2 for a 600 only
Report mesi September 20, 2015 5:52 PM BST
i pointed it out to lots of people including the sis crowd before racing and no one seemed iterested, even the manager didnt want to know
Report never give up September 20, 2015 5:55 PM BST
the betting shops cant advertise and accept bets on a 600 yds race race that was only a 575 yds race no matter what way anyone looks at it
Report mesi September 20, 2015 5:59 PM BST
how about all the poor tote punters,not given a second thought
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2015 8:17 PM BST
Bookies got some results like Rural Hawaii and Ballyhooly Henry beaten but how could those be 4/6 and 4/5 when you look at the early prices?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 21, 2015 11:17 AM BST
Absolute shambles the last race Sat night, it was a 600y race when the card was done Tuesday and was up as a 600y race on the card as i and many others printed it off Tuesday. I never even looked at the card last night until after the race as i presumed they'd left the light on the wrong finish line and then see on the card they handed out last night it was then a 575y race??
Yes the RP had it as a 600y race, the bookmakers where betting on a 600y race, the result says Calzaghe Clampet has absolutely smashed the track record seen as the result is up as a 600y race.
What a fkin joke

It had even been reported that there where no 575y races on the card, an absolutely monster fack up
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 21, 2015 11:26 AM BST
I don't pay attention to data rating but i presume Calzaghe Clampet is now the highest rated dog in history with a rating of 181 Plain ??
Report wondersobright September 22, 2015 11:43 AM BST
makes the sport look amateurish Sad
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 25, 2015 11:01 AM BST
Bord na gCon confirms that a printing error occurred in the race card for last Saturday night's Shelbourne Park meeting which indicated that Race 13 was to be run over 575 yards which was at variance with the Board's RMS information that referenced 600 yards.

The race was run on the basis of the race card information. All Tote and bookmaker winnings were paid on the basis of the race card metric.

finally somebody decides to mention this monumental fack up, ah but sure fack the punters who bet Ballyhooly Henry who had the card with 600y clearly displayed in the distance box and Open 600 clearly named in the race title

absolutely unbelievable
Report miss.wales September 25, 2015 1:05 PM BST
PF

I would think that a strongly worded solicitor's letter mentioning negligence and loss of earnings might bring about some recompense for you.

If I was a real gentlemen I would actually give you some of my winnings from the race, particularly as you ensured that most of our party got in the track buckshee as well.

However I spent all those ill-gotten gains buying Woody a new baseball cap so it's too late I'm afraid.

Be lucky.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 25, 2015 1:18 PM BST
Laugh Miss Wales

There is nothing anybody can do, 575y was printed on the racecard given out on the night so that would be seen as gospel in a court of law. Even in the betting shops I am sure they would claim some sort of palpable error as they got the information from the RP who in turn got it from the IGB / Shelbourne Park.

You also cannot expect the on course bookmakers to do anything, they've had to pay out on Calzaghe Clampet already, some did wait a few mins on the night before paying as they'd realised the mistake.

I do think they should (the IGB / Shelbourne Park) be issuing a genuine apology for this whole shambles and not the bullcrap they did this morning.

Hope you had a good weekend anyway, cannot remember a final night ever being that packed to be honest, or maybe I am just getting old and it gets to me more now!!
Report woodmanchester September 26, 2015 1:25 AM BST
Yeah, old and it gets to you more now. Still a bumper crowd but no busier than I've known in the past. After racing, all soon floated off. Usually when im watching the last race replay, squeezed in near the café but loads of room
Report patrick starr September 26, 2015 1:54 AM BST
ease up pf,you keep on and im gonna have to cough for the clampett money when im there next...Mischief

All you experts over there using your race distances etc to make selections....utter nonsense,just turn up half cut and proceed your way to guess off the racecard imo,your wasting valuable drinking time thinking about trivialities like distances etc....

Lovely to meet you miss wales,hopefully catch up in november...Happy
Report woodmanchester September 26, 2015 11:16 AM BST
Asked PF about you Patrick, but he said you probably crawled beneath a stone and died from the copious amounts of consumed alcohol the night before! Laugh
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 26, 2015 11:37 AM BST
Downstairs it was a lot more crowded this year than previous years, surprisingly upstairs was pretty empty until people copped it and then the bar filled up. As for emptying out you must be joking, downstairs was still rammed at 1:45am when we made a move up to Pat's
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com