Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ravage Again
19 May 13 21:28
| Topic/replies: 5,700 | Blogger: Ravage Again's blog
Well I wonder why that is, far too many well backed dogs winning the open races and the off course bookies run greyhound racing now
Pause Switch to Standard View Sunday Graded Races on Cov RPTV In...
Show More
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 19, 2013 9:33 PM BST
It's the derby
That could a reason !
Report Ravage Again May 19, 2013 9:39 PM BST
nah its cos the bookies oops typo i mean the track management want competitive racing Laugh
Report hunterwellies May 19, 2013 9:49 PM BST
is that fact ravage?? do u have it on good authority?
Report noflapleft May 20, 2013 10:33 AM BST
Good luck to any one who is cleaning up at Coventry
I am happy to lay until they get a hare not a mop lot don't see it they say top trainers wouldn't  run there
There .not spoil for choice in the old days henlow and kinsley Yarmouth pboro would never see top dogs only chaz on his holls at Yarmouth but now beggars can't  be
Coventry will iron out faults 1 to flat bends could do with small banking 2 hare or a teddy bear3 why do they pull a trip line over track  .
Report Ravage Again May 20, 2013 3:25 PM BST
Well it's the only logical explanation I could come up though would be surprised and disappointed if HF went from open racing to having some grading racing on a Sunday rptv races. To me he's the only decent fellow left who cares about see top quality dogs run, you can tell about how he's trying to keep the old races alive.

Though if the track just goes down the bingo bags route then it's RIP and it becomes like all the other joke tracks
Report DONEMYLOT May 20, 2013 4:18 PM BST
couldnt agree more

they wont watch it, viewing figs will be down massively, advertsising down, less ep's. massive fail
Report Gomozkov May 20, 2013 4:56 PM BST
has to be derby
Report Czechbet May 20, 2013 6:09 PM BST
would you rather have no racing at all, or graded being shown?

a lot of people own graders and want to see them live on tv, if nobody owns the lesser dogs then breeding goes down even more

be careful what you wish for imo be cool Mischief
Report Ravage Again May 20, 2013 6:19 PM BST
Can see what people are saying but then again how many dogs have ran at coventry in the opens on sunday will actually be entered in the derby maybe between 3 and 5

To me if you own a graded dog should be at your local track and therefore go and see if run live
Report patrick starr May 20, 2013 6:27 PM BST
ravage,many peoples local track is 2 hours+ drive and what about syndicates with members far and wide?

I cant imagine cov dropping below 8 opens on sundays cards tbh with 4 graded.
Report Czechbet May 20, 2013 6:27 PM BST
i live in Portsmouth, got graders Swindon, Sunderland and Coventry

what chance have i got with no local track?

if graders stop getting attention that's it for the sport everyone has to stop squinnying and get a grip about graded racing and bags ffs we need it more than anything!

every litter bred cannot be open class
Report FRANKEL1 May 20, 2013 6:49 PM BST
The only time harry will have any graded racing on a sunday will be when the opens dont fill,this weeks calender has 1k to the winner cat 3 comps starting and finishing every weds and sunday plus 6 or 7 opens every sunday for the next 2 months.ravage again is right about keeping the old races alive,hes bringing back the sovereign stakes (sprint) as a cat 2 in august and starts the lady godiva stakes (bitches) cat 2 in july,there wont be many graded races on a sunday night i can guarantee you that,harry loves them just as they are!
Report DONEMYLOT May 21, 2013 9:44 AM BST
very true czech. point still stands though. mix em up and you'll keep the open fans on side, go all graded and you wont.

To be fair, if I had dogs anymore (any longer) and they were graded I'd be at the track 95% of the time to watch them run, and ceratinly wouldnt mind a mixed card
Report DONEMYLOT May 21, 2013 9:45 AM BST
frankel, point accepted. the 'in future' bit may have been very misleading
Report Czechbet May 21, 2013 12:07 PM BST
i don't preach "all graded" even tho its most important to me,

just open race head downs who slate graded and BAGS really do need to think beyond today and tomorrow, everyone has to be very open minded in the current climate
Report panda May 21, 2013 1:24 PM BST
donemylot would you still be there 95% of the time if it was a 150 mile round trip to go Confused
Report DONEMYLOT May 21, 2013 2:01 PM BST
I wouldnt own dogs to travel that far. I've done the Ilford-Victoria-Canterbury train ride every Sunday to walk one of mine. I wont be doing it ever again
Report DONEMYLOT May 21, 2013 2:03 PM BST
panda, I actually lie there. I was in Ilford when having dogs run at Sittingbourne and in kent when having an OR at Rye House MIlton Keyens etc.

Mind, they werent on telly but I would have gone back then. Not sure now.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com