Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brightonaremagic
19 Nov 09 16:48
| Topic/replies: 200 | Blogger: brightonaremagic's blog
I am looking at having a four figure bet on my greyhound that is running next Monday night, it is at a BEGS meeting but is running after the bookies have closed. I have made some enquiries and the most that any of the high street bookies is £25 at SP.

Can anyone advise the best way to get the bet on without me having to go round 40 plus bookies placing small bets. The race will not be featured on BF.

Many thanks in advance.
Pause Switch to Standard View Advice Required
Show More
Report honest_abe November 19, 2009 4:53 PM GMT
Go around 39 only possible way really.
Report Laying Like Maria November 19, 2009 5:07 PM GMT
Mate,. i regularly have 4 figures off course at SP. It is possible
Report VALUEMAN November 19, 2009 5:12 PM GMT
You can have £50 @ Corals.
Report DaveEdwards November 19, 2009 6:20 PM GMT
Mate, judging by your name you live in brighton and that is one of the easiest towns to run around and get your bet on. There are loads of betting shops within a fairly short distance. Get some betting slips together on Saturday, write it all out at home and then get out on Monday and get your bet on. If you get a helpful friend you'll get on in half the shops. one of you take a bet to one cashier, the other to the other. Easy.

If you start on Coombe terrace, then the Lewes Rd, up Islingwood Road, Elm Grove, along to Royal Racing. Thats five shops and you could do that lot in 1/2 hour easy by car. Down into Whitehawk for the Broadway and Arundel Rd, then drive into town, there is one in Kemptown and then down to St James St for Carols and Laddies, back up to London Rd for baldies, laddies and hulls. Then drive back across town towards Hove.

If you go lumpy on a night bet, and it isn't a bags if the shops have closed they will want to see at the head office what is going on. Do yourself a favour and spread the bet. And collect it separately as well. If you collect them all from one shop it will be that last time you get a lot on if it wins. And you'll be a monitored customer thereafter.

Good luck mate.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com