Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Monkey Boy:The Directors Cut
02 Apr 16 17:43
| Topic/replies: 868 | Blogger: Monkey Boy:The Directors Cut's blog
Just spent a pleasant few days there and after walking the course several times have to say the redone Ailsa is just unbelievable in its quality.

I have played Pebble Beach, The Old Course, Royal County Down, Troon amongst many others and the new Ailsa 'trumps' the lot.

Will be back to play it this summer.
Show More
Report Can't Catch Me April 3, 2016 10:14 AM BST
Going there in the first week of September and having played the old Ailsa a few times, I can't wait.
Report par April 3, 2016 11:43 PM BST
best course location anywhere maybe bar pebble
Report Kelly April 4, 2016 12:48 AM BST
Tried to play there one Sunday on the way back from a golfing weekend in Gleneagles , the course was deserted but they refused to let us play .  Went down to Troon , who would have let us play had we had a letter of introduction from our club secretaries . Left us scratching our heads given all 3 of us have played all over Ireland without ever a hitch or a need to produce credentials other than sterling or punts or euros .

Played it subsequently in poorish weather , cant say I rated it as highly as current posts indicate , but maybe there have been improvements .  The tenth tee was a bit daunting , and the setting is excellent , open to question though whether it is inherently as good as some other links . Apart from the golf course and the hotel , there was little else of interest in the vicinity though , I assume Turnberry grew out of an association with the train as did Royal County Down and Royal Portrush , Dr Beeching put a bit of a spoke in that though .
Report Can't Catch Me April 4, 2016 4:20 PM BST
Surprised you rated it so lowly Kelly. Second best course in England and Scotland for me, after Birkdale.

Agree there are quite a few better in Ireland though.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com