Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BigDeal
22 Feb 21 14:58
| Topic/replies: 16 | Blogger: BigDeal's blog
I am on the Betfair 'basic' rewards package and have been ever since the system changed, and we had to choose one. It suits me perfectly.    I've received a email today entitled 'important account information' and it tells me that 'the value of your rewards will be changing (from 1st March) based on recent activity', but then goes on to state 'your commission rate will not change unless you choose to change package within the hub'  Which basically contradicts itself.   
So when I log in it is highlighting the 'rewards+' box for me, which basically I'm not the least bit interested in.  Does it mean I will be placed on that automatically and have to request a change back again? I contacted the help desk (live chat thingy) who said I won't be changed over unless I request this.  But if that's the case why have I not received a basic email just reminding me of the alternative packages?  They didn't know. So I'm still unsure.   As I understand it we can only change packages once a month to start on the following 1st of the month, so if I let this go through I'll be stuck at 8% commission and  I can't change back for a whole month. (or will I be restricted from the basic package in future?)
Has anyone else had a similar experience and can tell me what happens?    Thanks
Pause Switch to Standard View Betfair Reward Plan
Show More
Report Latalomne February 22, 2021 7:44 PM GMT
I got the same email a few months back, and Live Chat confirmed to me that nothing would be changing and that they had no idea why people were (and seemingly still are) randomly receiving these emails.
Report BigDeal February 22, 2021 7:59 PM GMT
OK thanks.   I shall continue as normal in that case and update here if anything changes on 1st March
Report brentford February 24, 2021 3:47 PM GMT
can verify the same as having previously received an email (quite a few months back) with that wording that didn't actually change anything for me...though as ever these days it's enough to give you indigestion...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com