Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TRFC Kev
07 Oct 20 15:48
| Topic/replies: 2,201 | Blogger: TRFC Kev's blog
I've asked on the Gruss forum, but it's very quiet on there.

I've downloaded the software again after a few years away from it.

I want to lay lots of horses throughout the day but to a fixed liability.

I know it's easy enough to do it manually, but it's time consuming, so was wondering if there is an Excel formula that can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone k
Pause Switch to Standard View Gruss Formula
Show More
Report Latalomne October 7, 2020 6:35 PM BST
Click on SM: Stake and it will change to SM: Liability.  Voila.
Report TRFC Kev October 7, 2020 8:36 PM BST
I tried that, but it just laid to stake.

ie: Instead of laying @ 5.5 liability (£5) it laid £5 @ 5.5 for a liability of £22.50.

I'm using the basic spreadsheet that's downloadable from Gruss that allows you to add multiple selections in the "selections" sheet.
Report Latalomne October 7, 2020 8:49 PM BST
Ah, I didn't realise you were trying to do them all from a single worksheet.

In SM: Liability mode, when you manually navigate between markets (ie not via Excel), it WILL treat your default Lay Stake as your liability and calculate your stakes accordingly when you one-click the selection you want to lay.

I don't have that sheet, but stakes for a fixed liability are simply = liability/(decimal odds-1)  eg £100 liability on a 3/1 shot = 100/(4.0-1) = £33.33
Report TRFC Kev October 7, 2020 9:06 PM BST
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm pretty basic with Excel, but do I need to put in a formula somewhere on the spreadsheet that will automatically the liability according to the odds?

The spreadsheet can be found here:

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Excel/ExcelAutoBetting.htm
Report Latalomne October 7, 2020 10:27 PM BST
I would put the word "Liability" in cell R2 of the Market worksheet and the amount you're wanting as your liability in cell S2.

I would change the formula in cell S5 to:

=$S$2/(h5-1)

I'd then use the plus symbol in the bottom right hand corner of cell S5 to fill the formula all the way down to cell S55.
Report TRFC Kev October 7, 2020 11:03 PM BST
Thanks so much, I'll give that a go tomorrow.
Report TRFC Kev October 8, 2020 11:28 AM BST
Hi mate.

Sorry to be a pain, but I give it a little go on the US racing last night and the bet didn't trigger.

I'm wondering if I have to put something different in Column C in the "Selections" sheet?
Report Latalomne October 8, 2020 12:03 PM BST
Hi Kev,

Essentially the sheet is checking that a number of criteria are met before the bet will trigger.  First, the name of the horse (Column A of Selections sheet) has to be EXACTLY as it appears in the market on Gruss, if you are always wanting to lay, you may as well populate the whole of Column C of the selections sheet with the word LAY.  The selection then has to fall within your Min odds / Max odds criteria, so you will have to fill them in.  The final check is that there's 60 secs until the scheduled off time of the race (you can change that to whatever time you want).  If any of those conditions is not met, the trigger will not fire.
Report TRFC Kev October 8, 2020 12:07 PM BST
Hi mate.

All that is in order as I've used Gruss before for level stakes laying.

The first race of the day is coming up so I'll give it another go.

I'm guessing the figure I put in S2 on the Market sheet has to be the same as the whole B column in the Selection sheet?

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.
Report Latalomne October 8, 2020 12:21 PM BST
Hmmm, my most recent reply hasn't appeared.

We've essentially told the Market sheet to ignore the stakes in the Selections sheet, so they don't need to be filled in.  Once you've got Excel logging prices for a market, you should see stakes filled in (from the calculation) in column S (cell S5 down to the last row of runners in a given race)?
Report TRFC Kev October 8, 2020 12:30 PM BST
It worked.

You sir are a star. Thanks for all the advice.

Now you couldn't give me a list of horses that might lose?Grin
Report Latalomne October 8, 2020 12:44 PM BST
No problem, Kev  Happy

Be lucky  Cool
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com