Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
laughingmike
14 Jun 20 15:03
| Topic/replies: 220 | Blogger: laughingmike's blog
I understand that when you log in to a bookmaker's website it captures the serial number of the device you are logging in from, as well as IP address, location etc. Does anyone know if you are using a 4g sender to go online whether the 4g sender device serial number is captured?

TIA
Pause Switch to Standard View Bookmaker tracking technology.
Show More
Report Escapee June 14, 2020 3:02 PM BST
A few years ago I read the patent that IOVATIONS.com filed for the bookie tracking software.

Most of the info comes from the browser, and the device that is running the browser.

There was nothing in there about routers, to get info from outside the environment of the browser/device would probably break
quite a few laws so they most likely don't do it.

Having said that, 2 of 3 people (at the time of my research) were very closely linked to the ultimate bet poker cheating scandal.
Report Escapee June 14, 2020 3:03 PM BST
should read: 2 of the 3 people at iovations
Report laughingmike June 14, 2020 3:19 PM BST
Thank you @Escapee, my gut feeling is the sender isn't tracked but it would be nice to know 100%, would save me quite a few £s over the years!!!
Report Escapee June 14, 2020 4:59 PM BST
Your IP address is definitely tracked.

And it would be quite easy too find your provider, and your local telephone exchange from that.

If you use a mobile device, it's likely that your GPS data is also tracked, and it may also be tracked from your PC also.

In the early days, it was possible to defeat it by preventing your device from communicating with iovations web addresses.
But then it became clear that they were continually adding new addresses, so that defence became much weaker.

A properly configured VM (Virtual machine) can spoof alot of the info, and thus hide multiple accounts.
But one would need to be aware of all the browser & device fingerprint fields and IP spoofing/masking stuff to
cover yourself.

Better off using one clean device per account and PAYG connections, from different locations to stand the best
chance of defeating it.
Report laughingmike June 14, 2020 7:29 PM BST
Thanks again Escapee, the latter is what I do, a new tablet, a new phone number and a new 4g sender for each new person, but I would love to know one way or the other whether a new sender each time is necessary.
Report Ramruma July 16, 2020 3:26 AM BST
See this Serverfault question about MAC addresses.
https://serverfault.com/questions/632190/do-cellular-network-adapters-3g-4g-lte-have-mac-addresses

If bookies are tracking IP addresses, they are stupid to do so because almost no-one (at home) has a fixed and dedicated public IP address. Maybe they are, and that is one reason so many are banned by the books: because you are sharing an address with a notorious shark.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com