Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
VardonVoo.
27 Aug 19 01:35
| Topic/replies: 5,303 | Blogger: VardonVoo.'s blog
I keep getting these Loyalty Award pop-ups but when I press the opt-in button nowt happens. I can only close the window. Usually the same offer comes by email too and I can accept it by opting in from there, but then I don't know what actually happens. No free bet arrives in my account, but I get repeat offers to opt-in again so I have no idea if my first opt-in ever registered, nor any subsequently. If I check back through my account days later I sometimes find a credited sum amongst hundreds of bets but it's by no means easy to spot. And the offers don't seem to appear on my promotions page. Does anyone else have issues like this? I had the same thing going on with the CashRace too - I was already earning rewards from it when it kept messaging me inviting me to opt in. Shoddy programming like this really irritates me.
Pause Switch to Standard View BetFair Reward offers Opt-In ignored.
Show More
Report ericster August 27, 2019 12:34 PM BST
It IS a pity, I think, with all this talk of offers and special prizes/awards/whatever, that they can't just give a member a few quid without that person being made to jump through hoops. Concessions in football events that I have no intention of getting involved with aren't much use to me I'm afraid. The only way they could possibly give me something would be a free bet or double my stake to whatever in a mkt that I choose to play in, in the knowledge that I would be looking to green out at the earliest opportunity. Having said that, I'd be more than happy to let the freebie play out. Isn't going happen is it.
Report VardonVoo. August 27, 2019 12:45 PM BST
The best I got was in 2005 - Two tickets to the 5th Ashes Test at The Oval - I chose Day 4! An amazing day!

It's not the promotions themselves that are a problem, though I agree with your points - it's just that it's
hard to tell if the wretched thing is yet in operation after you think you've opted in, cos they keep offering you
the same promotion that you thought you'd already signed up to.
This latest one doesn't even tell you what the maximum free bet is worth.
Report longbridge August 27, 2019 2:38 PM BST
@ericster

"The only way they could possibly give me something would be a free bet or double my stake to whatever in a mkt that I choose to play in, in the knowledge that I would be looking to green out at the earliest opportunity"

And why would they do that?  Sorry, I am probably missing something.
Report ericster August 27, 2019 3:19 PM BST
"And why would they do that?"
My point exactly.
Report peckerdunne August 27, 2019 9:43 PM BST
I am being bombarded daily with that stupid insulting offer,reward for being a loyal customer, 'opt in't&c apply.

I wont accept it.I don't know and can't be clear on what i would be opting in too, certainly don't trust them.

It started with £5.00 offer, then £10.00 and now £15.00.

If they wish to reward me then do so, otherwise feck off and leave me alone.
Report ericster August 28, 2019 11:02 AM BST

Aug 27, 2019 -- 10:43PM, peckerdunne wrote:

I am being bombarded daily with that stupid insulting offer,reward for being a loyal customer, 'opt in't&c apply.I wont accept it.I don't know and can't be clear on what i would be opting in too, certainly don't trust them.It started with £5.00 offer, then £10.00 and now £15.00.If they wish to reward me then do so, otherwise feck off and leave me alone.

I know nothing those offers pd, obviously not such a valued customer as some of you guys.Yes I get little nuggets sent my way that I  disregard and promptly click on  delete. It's no trouble to get rid of that stuff really. I neither ask or expect anything from bf, I have the occasional bet, and all is good in my betting world.

The bottom line of your post really IS.... the bottom line.

Report Cardinal Scott August 28, 2019 8:25 PM BST
VV are you by any chance on 2% commission....if you are then you can't receive any other benefits.
Report Cardinal Scott August 28, 2019 8:26 PM BST

Aug 28, 2019 -- 9:25PM, Cardinal Scott wrote:

VV are you by any chance on 2% commission....if you are then you can't receive any other benefits.

?

Report cruso August 29, 2019 10:38 PM BST
Cardinal Scott • August 28, 2019 8:25 PM BST

You can still get this one.

Its a genuine offer.
When you opt in you are directed to another page where you have to opt in ( again). this can be missed if you dont scroll down.
You just then bet as normal.
I`ve had a few of these and cant complain..
Report peckerdunne August 30, 2019 5:37 PM BST
I've had a new one today? would i like more rewards opt in, fcuk off...........
Report VardonVoo. August 30, 2019 7:59 PM BST
2% commission? How active do you think I am? I'm lucky if I get my commission reduced by a factor of 2% !
Report Charlie August 30, 2019 8:34 PM BST
The 2% commission was an offer made to some people by Betfair. You had to be 'invited' to take it you couldn't ask for it. It was discussed a few months ago.
Report VardonVoo. August 30, 2019 8:45 PM BST
What were the conditions? Did you guys work out why some were offered it and others weren't?
Report Andriy August 30, 2019 10:09 PM BST
It was open to everybody (in the promotions section), and started in October 2017, initially til the end of 2017, but has continued since. With the 2% comm option, there's no cash race, no BOG, no additional gimmicks of any kind. There were other promos offered with higher commission rates, i think it was 8% and 10%, but with lots of gimmicks, eg a %age of losses returned, free wheel spins etc. Once you made you choice, that was it, you couldn't change to another. Looking at the promos section now, i can't see it there, but if you contact them you may be able to still opt in if you never made a choice originally.
Report VardonVoo. August 31, 2019 12:11 PM BST
How did I miss something like that?

What happens if you end up paying Premium Charge?
Do you stay on the promotion?
If so it sounds like a God-send for PC churners.
Maybe that's the idea - to generate extra liquidity?
Report ericster September 1, 2019 4:10 PM BST
" Maybe that's the idea-to generate extra liquidity "

Jeez VardoVoo, that's precisely the idea.

Promo?
Report ericster September 1, 2019 4:11 PM BST
Apologies there mate for mis-spelling your name. No offence intended.
Report Charlie September 1, 2019 6:27 PM BST
I'm pretty sure it wasn't open to everyone. You had to be invited as I said above.
Report The Management September 2, 2019 10:25 AM BST
Hi Charlie - I'm only guessing but my guess would be that maybe the 2% offer was only made to people that are consistently winning but have not yet triggered the PC.
i.e. It looks like a great offer but actually the 2% may just accelerate the journey towards PC where they will get it all back and some more!

No idea really - just a guess - but do you fit that profile? Doing quite nicely but not yet paying PC?
Report The Management September 2, 2019 10:52 AM BST
^ Just realised my question is a bit presumptuous! - would understand if you didn't want to answer
Report Charlie September 2, 2019 6:56 PM BST
I'd rather not say. I have no clue as to how Betfair selected people for the offer. As Andrily said above there were various different offers which you could opt into.
Report Charlie September 2, 2019 7:13 PM BST
There were a few threads about it e.g.
https://community.betfair.com/horse_racing/go/thread/view/94102/31456027/any...
Report charlatan October 6, 2019 1:02 PM BST
Had a look to see how many betfair points I have at present (after noting to my surprise that I was charged 6% rather than 5% commission on some NRL winnings and trying to navigate various parts of the site which have changed since I last investigated the charging regime).

Now where points used to be the link in the my account > promotion and rewards drop-down is 'my betfair rewards (beta)'.

Points have disappeared. I'm offered the three options as per andriy's 30 aug post above. I have been paying premium charge since it was introduced.

2% seems a no brainer, but there is little in the way of details. Is there any reason not to select the 2% plan?

Meanwhile, Betfair's charges T&Cs seem to suggest Aus markets are excluded (and therefore Betfair points are still an issue in theory, but I can't see how many I have now).
Report starship October 6, 2019 1:29 PM BST
i just gone for the basic 2% and have saved my self £40 this week
Report charlatan October 6, 2019 7:47 PM BST
signed up. saving money already, although presumably half of it gets clawed back in additional premium charge
Report nathanrh October 7, 2019 9:49 PM BST
5% commission I've suggested in the past is a massive obstacle for most casual bettors to overcome so anyone given the option of 2% should really jump at it.

For me its a toss-up, my commission rate under the current discount system works out much less than the 5% fix and I manage to extract a fair amount from the Cash Race promos wbith that which I would need to factor in losing if I went to 2%.

Of course for BF its a nice easy way of identifying the sharps who I can't imagine would be very interested in a free £5 poor value multiple bet and a few spins on some very suspect games every month ;-)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com