Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Nebs
22 Aug 19 15:17
| Topic/replies: 553 | Blogger: Nebs's blog
Betfair rules say: You may cancel a points freeze anytime up to three hours before the 15% reduction occurs (Every Sunday at 9pm GMT).

Does this mean either (a) I can book a points freeze, then bet as normal during the week, then at the end of the week decide by 9pm Sunday whether I want to keep the points freeze or cancel it and get that weeks points, or (b) I can book a points freeze but if I change my mind I have to cancel it by 9pm on the Sunday before it starts?
Pause Switch to Standard View Points Freeze question
Show More
Report Mr Magoo August 22, 2019 5:50 PM BST
It's three hours *before* the freeze starts.
Report Nebs August 22, 2019 10:51 PM BST
Thank you. I read it and thought the other way seemed an acceptable interpretation but, like everything in life, if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.
Report longbridge August 23, 2019 12:20 PM BST
@Mr Magoo

Are you sure that's right?  I always read it as "you can cancel your freeze so long as you do it in time for us to reduce your points as normal at the end of the week" - ie Nebs's "(a)" scenario.
Report Nebs August 25, 2019 10:51 AM BST
After further thought (b) seems the logical one. If it was (a) then everyone would book a points freeze every Sunday afternoon for the coming week and then decide a week later if they wanted if or if they wanted to cancel it and take the points - a sort of insurance against having to visit the mother-in-law at short notice on Tuesday and being forced to stay for a few days.
Report VardonVoo. August 27, 2019 12:11 PM BST
I always assumed that the holiday started after the deadline for booking it, hence booking early then cancelling would make no net difference and booking then cancelling then re-booking just before would be the same as booking once. The effect of the holiday wouldn't take place until after the booking deadline. I would have thought you would use a holiday if you'd earned a load of points in a busy week and anticipated a much quieter week.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com