Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Yellas
27 Jan 19 18:36
| Topic/replies: 2 | Blogger: Yellas's blog
Hi,

I would like to find out how the rate of ticks (as opposed to odds) changes during a game. I am new to all this but, I assume that they respond to events in the match. I am interested to find out if the rate is otherwise linear. I appreciate your help, I have been searching for info for a while now.

Cheers,
Arnie
Pause Switch to Standard View Rate of ticks over 90 minutes (football)
Show More
Report ericster January 27, 2019 8:07 PM GMT
Which mkts did you have in mind Yellas?

It varies. Some move faster than others.
Report Darlo Bantam January 27, 2019 8:29 PM GMT
Entirely depends. Some markets move more obvious than others - the goal markets just tend towards zero; but match odds can go up or down depending on the pre-match odds; correct score can reverse direction depending on current score, etc. And they're not all obviously linear because of the different increments between ticks.
Report Yellas January 27, 2019 10:00 PM GMT
Thanks Darlo and Ericster,

I meant to say over/under 2.5 (1.5 and 0.5) goals. Looking for periods where ticks occur more frequently.
Thanks again!
Report Darlo Bantam January 28, 2019 5:52 PM GMT
My best suggestion would be to study those markets in particularly on a range of markets (i.e. starting prices) and a range of different competitions. Markets which have a higher expectation of goals will move quicker; but I couldn't say what triggers the faster period of ticks. Watch out at half-time because the market sometimes retraces a few ticks during half-time.

Bots tend to drive the prices down so you can find good entry points depending on a match situation and silly errors - sometimes a bot won't have a clue when there's a lot of injury time to be given especially in less liquid markets.
Report trebor January 29, 2019 11:35 AM GMT
Bet Angels soccer Mystic tool will give you the odds for every minute in any upcoming match, you may need to pay a sub to use it tho?
Report ericster February 3, 2019 3:49 PM GMT
I sometimes play the over 2.5 and you'd be amazed how quickly the odds drift, even after the first goal.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com