Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Do wah Diddy
16 Dec 18 18:36
| Topic/replies: 41,697 | Blogger: Do wah Diddy's blog
I WAS HAPPY TRAIN SPOTTING WHEN I WAS A CHILD BEFORE THEY SCRAPPED THE STEAM LOCOMOTIVES. I DONT KNOW HOW I ENDED UP LIKE THIS
Pause Switch to Standard View I NEVER WANTED TO BE A MUG GAMBLER OR...
Show More
Report Do wah Diddy December 16, 2018 7:45 PM GMT
I WAS AS HAPPY AS LARRIE WITH MY SHIPHAMS SALMON SPREAD BUTTIES AND MY FLASK OF COFFEE.I COULD EVEN HAVE A SMILE ON MY FACE STANDING IN THE RAIN WATCHING TGE TRAINS GO BY.WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT NICE YOUNG BOY WHO WAS ONCE SO INNOCENT
Report YDNA_got_it_right_now December 19, 2018 8:25 PM GMT

Dec 16, 2018 -- 1:45PM, Do wah Diddy wrote:

I WAS AS HAPPY AS LARRIE WITH MY SHIPHAMS SALMON SPREAD BUTTIES AND MY FLASK OF COFFEE.I COULD EVEN HAVE A SMILE ON MY FACE STANDING IN THE RAIN WATCHING TGE TRAINS GO BY.WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT NICE YOUNG BOY WHO WAS ONCE SO INNOCENT

You ok hun

Report aye robot December 20, 2018 3:51 PM GMT
They don't let them onto the platform any more. Not without a ticket. Perhaps that was the turning point.
Report Dr Crippen February 7, 2019 6:56 PM GMT
I blame it all on the abolition of steam. I mean people going off the rails pardon the pun.
Take knife crime, what did kids do in the old days when they were bored? They went train spotting. Now they go out and look for someone to knife.

Same with drugs, taking drugs is no substitute for crossing off a train number in a book when you spot one you haven't seen before.

Diesels and electric trains just aren't the same.
We've paid a heavy price in robbing kids of their childhoods.
Report Dr Crippen February 15, 2019 2:45 PM GMT
I NEVER WANTED TO BE A MUG GAMBLER OR ALCOHOLIC ITS JUST THE WAY LIFE WORKED OUT

I wanted to be - a lumberjack!

Leaping from tree to tree!  As they float down the mighty rivers
of British Columbia!  With my best girl by my side!
The Larch!
The Pine!
The Giant Redwood tree!
The Sequoia!
The Little Whopping Rule Tree!
We'd sing!  Sing!  Sing!
Report the old nanny ;-) February 17, 2019 10:40 PM GMT
TIMBER !!!!!!!
Report Do wah Diddy February 21, 2019 8:02 PM GMT
Yes the only reason I gave it up was that they changed to diesel .I would see a steam engine one day and it would be scrapped the next .there was some powerful wonderful diesels .but nothing could compare to a steam engine and it's mighty brute force
I loved all the region's different locomotives and my train spotting journeys .life was worth living in them days .a life has passed me bye and I just wish I could have appreciated what I'd got instead of moaning at what I'd not got.
Report aye robot February 22, 2019 5:28 PM GMT
Do you need a new keyboard Doo Wah? Looks like your caps lock is broken...
Report Do wah Diddy February 23, 2019 4:21 PM GMT
Robert no I've just matured a bit more
Report Dr Crippen March 1, 2019 3:47 PM GMT
It was remarkable the attraction train spotting had for us kids.

I used to get up early, and before I went to school go down to the West coast main line to spot the 8:00 am express.
It was usually pulled by a Jubilee class from one of the Northern sheds.
Rain hale or snow, I'd be there just in case it was one I hadn't got.

And then at night, the 5:00 pm express was always pulled by a Royal Scots class or if we were really lucky a Britannia class.

The kids with the best eyesight would tell what it was from some distance away, they'd call out excitedly ''Brit it's a Brit'' and everyone would go quite to enjoy the moment as it thundered through the level crossings.

And taking the gates with it if they were slow to open.
Report Dr Crippen March 1, 2019 3:48 PM GMT
^^And a few cars as well.
Report Dr Crippen March 1, 2019 3:51 PM GMT
You don't spell hail like that.

That was my problem at school, I knew the names of every train but I couldn't spell.
Report Do wah Diddy March 3, 2019 3:00 PM GMT
I used to have the 10shillings and sixpence book of all regions and when I got home from a train spotting trip .I would underline the engines that I had seen in blue ink and I would put a star by the side of the engines that had pulled my train and a plus sign cross by the side of any engine I had cabbed(that's when you climb up into the engine cab where's the fire is)

I used to walk around the sheds where the engines were kept but I was always scared incase any one told me off for being there . You would have no chance these days with all the safety laws
Report Dr Crippen March 23, 2019 7:24 PM GMT
What's wrong with being an alcoholic?
It's not as if it's a matter of choice, you don't become an alcoholic. I thought you were born with the condition.

I've known plenty of people who couldn't leave it alone and paid the penalty of an early death, but they enjoyed themselves along the way.

If you can keep your drinking in check so much the better. But it's the choice of the individual if they want to drink themselves into an early grave.
Report peckerdunne March 23, 2019 8:17 PM GMT
Always plenty of collateral damage.
Report Dr Crippen March 23, 2019 8:46 PM GMT
Sometimes, but not always.
Report peckerdunne March 24, 2019 5:06 PM GMT
Always
Report Do wah Diddy March 24, 2019 10:01 PM GMT
Always
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder