Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
23Languages
28 Aug 18 12:49
| Topic/replies: 1,406 | Blogger: 23Languages's blog
Hi there, is there any way to have unmatched bets stay in the market after they are turned in play.

Want to place some bets in markets that are live but not as yet in play.

Thanks
Pause Switch to Standard View Unmatched Bets
Show More
Report pablo-fanque August 28, 2018 2:03 PM BST
click on settings
then betting
then tick the "bets persistence" box

( i think )
Report 23Languages August 28, 2018 2:08 PM BST
Thanks for your help but "In-Play bet persistence" I actually had ticked already - all the pre-inplay bets I place get wiped once the market goes in play.
Report pablo-fanque August 28, 2018 2:45 PM BST
submit bets , then click on "keep" and then click "update"

failing that , download gruss for £6 per month
Report pablo-fanque August 28, 2018 2:45 PM BST
good lcuk
Report longbridge August 28, 2018 3:26 PM BST
@pablo - I've never been able to work out what that entry in "Settigs" is supposed to do, does nothing I can see for me.

What you said second works for me though - submit bet and then when the bet receipt comes back to show the unmatched bet, in "Unmatched bets At In-Play Cancel Keep Take SP" click on "Keep" and "Update"
Report longbridge August 28, 2018 3:26 PM BST
@pablo - I've never been able to work out what that entry in "Settigs" is supposed to do, does nothing I can see for me.

What you said second works for me though - submit bet and then when the bet receipt comes back to show the unmatched bet, in "Unmatched bets At In-Play Cancel Keep Take SP" click on "Keep" and "Update"
Report pablo-fanque August 28, 2018 4:49 PM BST
What is Bet Persistence? (The ‘Keep’ option)
On markets that will go in-running, you can now decide to make use of our Bet Persistence facility and ‘Keep’ the bet, even once the market turns in-play. This provides another opportunity to get the bet on, although there is still no guarantee you will be matched at your requested price as the market may never reach that level.

The market will suspend as normal once the event starts, but when it turned in-play all bets which had the “Keep” option selected will remain and be available for other customers to match. Bets which are kept in this way retain their original place in the queue to be matched.

Note that during a football match for example, your bet will continue to ‘persist’ even after the market is suspended for a goal, penalty or a red card.

maybe by ticking bets persistence, it gives you the option to then tick the "keep" bets box . i'm just guessing tbh
Report 23Languages August 28, 2018 5:56 PM BST
appreciate your help guys cheers - thats worked now for me
Report longbridge August 29, 2018 11:09 AM BST
@pablo

"maybe by ticking bets persistence, it gives you the option to then tick the "keep" bets box . i'm just guessing tbh"

I thought that too, maybe, so I turned off to see if it made that difference - it didn't appear to.
Report pablo-fanque August 29, 2018 1:59 PM BST
ahh thanks longbridge

maybe a fault at betfairs end ?
Report longbridge August 29, 2018 3:27 PM BST
Maybe it did something on the old site and they never took the option away when they intrkiduced the new site?  Who knows?
Report ericster September 2, 2018 10:12 AM BST
"Note that during a football match for example, your bet will continue to ‘persist’ even after the market is suspended for a goal, penalty or a red card."

Really?

I didn't know that.
Report Just Checking September 2, 2018 11:57 AM BST
Yes it does, I can confirm this as (not for the first time) during the world cup I stupidly left a persisted bet on after it went in play and got hoovered after a goal was scored :(
Report ericster September 2, 2018 2:43 PM BST
I just checked and it is so.
If a bet is posted inplay and not matched you do have that option.
I'll sometimes click on keep inplay before  kick-off  but as for keeping it once inplay....
Worth knowing JC.
Well done for bringing that up.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com