Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
G Hall
18 Aug 17 12:03
| Topic/replies: 9,066 | Blogger: G Hall's blog
I know there was a lot of interest in VDW in he 70's and 80's in the letters page of the handicap book

Gordon Hall aka VDW of Cromwell Crescent, Market Harborough passed away in July 2016.
Show More
Report Sunset Cristo November 2, 2017 7:00 PM GMT
Was it ever really proven that is was all a hoax and this guy from Cromwell Crescent was really VDW?
Report G Hall November 6, 2017 11:14 AM GMT
I don't know what to believe but Gordon Hall lived at the same address as VDW and he also wrote under the name GR from Lincs.

That is all I know sunset cristo I guess by your handle that you were a follower of the method.
Report Arklearkle November 7, 2017 11:21 PM GMT
My understanding was that it was an after-timing con. I dont believe he ever gave a winner pre-race.
Report DFCIRONMAN November 8, 2017 9:50 AM GMT
http://www.raceadvisor.co.uk/the-van-der-wheil-method/

As I'd no idea who VDW was etc etc....I read this from link above.

Non-H/C races are far "simpler" than H/C races.......and there are some comments that are relevant..............but there are "systems" for NON-H/C races out there that probably work very well with the "simpler" race types.

H/C races are far more "interesting" puzzles to rate thoughDevilGrin

Good post though.
Report Dr Crippen November 8, 2017 1:07 PM GMT
After timing or not.
Who else has ever given out so many working examples of how a selection was arrived at?

We can take it or leave it, but he did give an awful lot of racing knowledge away for free.
I don't recall anyone else coming even close to going into details like he did.
Report Dr Crippen November 26, 2019 10:50 AM GMT
''Since the opening of the Flat I have placed 32 bets of which 29 won. No wonder I smile when a self-appointed ‘old ‘un’ of 50 years’ experience topples himself from his pedestal by stating he finds it even more difficult to show a profit now tax has been increased to 9%. I accept Methodmaker’s comments and concede the ice breaks sometimes, but assure him that on the whole it is much thicker than it may appear.''

It was stuff like that from VDW which got many burning the midnight oil searching for ''the key,'' which had to be used alongside the rest of what he proposed.

Although that particular performance would not be so spectacular if it included dutching.
Report portmanpark November 29, 2019 1:00 PM GMT
anyone buy the DAWSON SYSTEM ??.....my mate bought the FINEFORM SYSTEM.....that was a load of cack
Report starship November 29, 2019 2:10 PM GMT
find to hard to believe someone can just look at figures and make a profit.
hard work and a feel for the sport you are playing in helps
Report Dr Crippen November 30, 2019 12:14 PM GMT
They're all catchpenny portmanpark.

Their sales success depends on good marketing, the results of the system are simply by the way.
They play up the good results and ignore the bad ones.
Report G Hall March 27, 2020 5:13 PM GMT
Well with time on my hands I'm going to get out the old formbook and have another go at solving the puzzle. There was a guy on a forum with a handle Lee, who demonstrated pre race that he had solved the puzzle.
He seemed to be very successful and put up lots of pre race winners, so I think its worth checking out again.
Report G Hall March 31, 2020 12:27 AM BST
Not easy I'm going around in circles there must be someone who knows
Report Sunset Cristo April 14, 2020 12:12 AM BST
Lee,what he the guy on the Gummy forum?
Report G Hall April 15, 2020 5:54 PM BST
Yes SC, thats him. He was the only one that demonstrated that it worked.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com