Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DEFCON [1]
15 Jun 17 18:44
| Topic/replies: 93 | Blogger: DEFCON [1]'s blog
So, Bet V/C decide to close my account and then choose to cancel some unsettled bets and claim 'there was a system error'
Just to clarify these bets hadn't taken place yet  (The football match was on in a few days.)

.........................................................................................................................   

From Bet V!ctor

Dear ********

We regret to inform you that an error has occurred in respect of your wager on Italy v Liechtenstein World Cup Qualifying - Europe.

Unfortunately the price for these bets were entered incorrectly in our system.

Single: ITALY 5 - 0 @ 8/1 [Correct Score - 90 Mins] - Italy v Liechtenstein World Cup Qualifying - Europe - FOOTBALL.  The price should be 9/2.

Single: ITALY 6 - 0 @ 21/2 [Correct Score - 90 Mins] - Italy v Liechtenstein World Cup Qualifying - Europe - FOOTBALL. The price should be 5/1.

Single: ITALY 7 - 0 @ 17/1 [Correct Score - 90 Mins] - Italy v Liechtenstein World Cup Qualifying - Europe - FOOTBALL. The price should be 8/1

Single: ITALY 8 - 0 @ 30/1 [Correct Score - 90 Mins] - Italy v Liechtenstein World Cup Qualifying - Europe - FOOTBALL. The price should be 11/1 .

Single: ITALY 4 - 0 @ 7/1 [Correct Score - 90 Mins] - Italy v Liechtenstein World Cup Qualifying - Europe - FOOTBALL. The price shoudl be 9/2.

As per our rules, yours bet have been made void and the stakes returned to your BetVictor account.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this error and for any inconvenience caused to you.

Kind Regards,

BetVictor Contact Centre

...........................................................................................................

From me .........

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please could you reinstate the said correct score bets for me.
I strongly dispute the fact that that there was a 'system error' at the time these bets were accepted -  The prices I accepted were your genuine odds.

If you need me to pass on the VC Betting history data for the correct score market - I have it at my disposal.

If you need me to pass on VC Betting history data for past International correct score markets - I have it at my disposal.

As said, the bets were accepted with good faith, and with the authorisation of your traders. However, I do have to accept your decision to now close my account.

Yours faithfully,

...........................................................................................

From Bet V!ctor ........

Dear *********

Thank you for your recent contact.

First of all, we understand your frustration in regards to this error. Unfortunately this is a human error and in accordance to our rules, the company has followed the correct procedure and the bet has been made void.

This can be seen in the General terms and conditions of the site.

...................................................................................................................

From me .............

Good morning ********

Sorry, but i'm not frustrated i'm just perplexed. I've given you the chance to 'come clean' and you haven't taken the opportunity to make ammends.

So to clarify your saying these prices laid to me were wrong and a 'system error'

International qualifier - Italy v Liechtenstein
(Italy to win)

4-0 @ 7/1
5-0 @ 8/1
6-0 @21/20
7-0 @17/1
8- 0 @30/1

So i've looked back on my VC Bet History to find similar International correct score prices - These were actual bets which were laid to me at the prices stated.

Gibraltar v Rep Ireland
4/9/2015 Republic of Ireland 7-0 @ 14/1
4/9/2015 Republic of Ireland 8-0 @ 25/1
4/9/2015 Republic of Ireland 6-0 @ 17/2

San Marino v Slovenia
11/10/2015 Slovenia 6-0 @ 14/1

Gibraltar v Scotland
11/10/2015 Scotland 5-0 @ 8/1
11/10/2015 Scotland 6-0 @ 12/1

Georgia v Gibraltar
04/10/2015 Georgia 6-0 @ 16/1

Laos v South Korea
16/11/2015 South Korea 6-0 @ 11/1
16/11/2015 South Korea 7-0 @ 18/1
16/11/2015 South Korea 8-0 @ 30/1

Palestine v Timor Leste
28/3/2015 Palestine 4-0 @ 8/1
28/3/2015 Palestine 5-0 @ 14/1

Gibraltar v Belgium
9/10/2016 Belgium 5-0 @ 12/1
9/10/2016 Belgium 6-0 @ 12/1
9/10/2016 Belgium 7-0 @ 16/1
9/10/2016 Belgium 8-0 @ 22/1

Luxembourg v Sweden
7-10-2016 Sweden 4-0 @ 14/1

San Marino v Czech Rep
22/3/2017 Czech Rep 7-0 @ 18/1
22/3/2017 Czech Rep 8-0 @ 35/1
22/3/2017 Czech Rep 9-0 @ 45/1

Well well well .....I'm sure you can see you have full evidence that your prices weren't a 'system error' and the prices you initially quoted were way inline with previous odds quoted.

I don't mean to sound condescending but the way that Bookmakers work is by taking bets on markets, and judging by financial liabilities their prices are adjusted accordingly.
I however placed these pretty near when your market was formed.
I've also noticed your company have made a petulant point of going in with a unbackable revised correct score market which is somewhat a 200% + overound book.

I have all the price movement history data for the Italy game.  It's quite interesting to see that on the 6th June Winner Bookmakers went 6-0 @ 10/1 and 7-0 @ 14/1.

I think you've been watching too much of the Jason Bourne Trilogy as what has happened here is that you have closed my account and erased my bets.

Please reinstate the said bets as there is a huge amount of principle here. To say the prices I obtained were wrong is an insult to you and the company you represent.

..  IBAS is my next port of call if there is a negative response.

Have a nice day,

.................................................................................................

Dear *******

Thank you for your recent contact.

Please be advised that the traders have reviewed the bets and are confident in their prices,the prices offered at the time were clearly incorrect compared to other bookmakers and we therefore voided the bets in line with our terms and conditions.

The trading team have made a decision to let these bets stand as a one off, as the bets were originally made void manual bets will be placed at the original odds and stake taken.The bets will then be settled accordingly

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

So, a real dirty attempt from Bet V!ctor there - close your account and pull your bets.

Whether the bet won or not was kind of irrelevant . If I hadn't of stuck to my principles it would of cost me £800 in winnings.

Hope this gives them the bad press it deserves.
Pause Switch to Standard View V/C trying it on (palpable error)
Show More
Report Nebs June 16, 2017 10:56 AM BST
In view of the large number of problem gamblers, perhaps the law needs to be changed so that accounts of losing punters are closed or severely restricted after they have made losses of an amount similar to the amount where they restrict accounts of winners.
Report Super Hans June 16, 2017 10:21 PM BST
The lack of shock or surprise speaks volumes.
SCUM the lot of them.
Report Frank June 27, 2017 3:37 PM BST
Well done DEFCON, a great winning argument from you there.
Report s.kenbo June 29, 2017 6:06 AM BST
I agree with Frank.
Report RyanWe June 29, 2017 10:23 AM BST
Well argued, sir Defcon.
Report ericster July 2, 2017 9:04 AM BST
I thought VC was one of the good guys.
Report ericster July 2, 2017 9:05 AM BST
And yes, well done DEFCON.
Report JC1326 July 8, 2017 12:28 PM BST
Well done, OP. Made them look the foolish con men they are. Have you thought about reporting this to somebody? It's so outrageous, you'd think someone would be interested in shining a light on their actions
Report JC1326 July 8, 2017 12:30 PM BST

Jul 2, 2017 -- 3:04AM, ericster wrote:

I thought VC was one of the good guys.

I can only assume you haven't used them much. Limit anyone who isn't a complete mug after five minutes. Also advertise better odds than anyone on Oddschecker, down to the fact the odds available are vastly different/only five people left in the world can actually bet with these bean counters

Report Fastbearform July 8, 2017 1:29 PM BST
Well done you.

Bl00dy s c u m, the lot of 'em!
Report casemoney July 8, 2017 4:09 PM BST
Well done DEF
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com