Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Edge
11 May 17 21:37
| Topic/replies: 28 | Blogger: The Edge's blog
How can I check whether or not I have placed more than 1,000 bets in an hour?

Going through my Account Statement and trawling through the All Transations page is not practical for me as I have several pages of transactions.
Pause Switch to Standard View Have I been charged for placing more...
Show More
Report The Edge May 11, 2017 10:38 PM BST
Is there an API call that can let me find the answer?
Report The Edge May 11, 2017 10:54 PM BST
Maybe I need to look at this?

http://docs.developer.betfair.com/docs/display/1smk3cen4v3lu3yomq5qye0ni/getAccountStatement
Report longbridge May 12, 2017 12:16 PM BST
If you're an API user, isn't it more practical to modify your software to keep track of how many bets it places than to modify your software to read the account statement and trawl it for transaction charges?  The former would also take you most of the way to where you need to be to make your software back off if you were getting close to the limit?
Report lewisham ranger May 12, 2017 2:19 PM BST
betfair no longer a betting site pitching punter against punter.

more like a site pitching naïve punter against computer expert wielding multiple bots. Sad
Report The Edge May 12, 2017 6:52 PM BST
longbridge: It's not quite black and white. If I have place 999 bets, but paid x amount of commission, then I can place a few more bets before I get charged. I only estimate what I do and don't have concrete figures which is why I'd like to know if my estimates are out or not.

lewisham ranger: Why do you think computer experts have an advantage? One mistake can easily blow the account of a bot user. Here's an example of a clown who did it on a financial exchange: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-08-02/knight-shows-how-to-lose-... So professionals can be just as stupid as uneducated punters.
Report PeteTheBloke May 12, 2017 9:23 PM BST
TheEdge - I started a similar thread a while ago - it's almost impossible to find these charges.
You need to get on to customer support and they should get a spreadsheet to you within 24 hours.

Awful service, but there you go.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com