Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bingo bongo
02 Sep 16 16:58
| Topic/replies: 790 | Blogger: bingo bongo's blog
I think I saw on here that bf are running some trials using different commission rates and premium charges. Has anyone on here actually been asked to take part in these? It must be a very small sample size bf are going to get as even if asked you have to opt in and then be interested in the niche markets bf have chosen to use. Almost seems set up to fail, much like their previous trials.
Pause Switch to Standard View Pricing Trials
Show More
Report Wicklow September 3, 2016 11:09 AM BST
Bingo,

This is the email I received a few backs ..

I’m pleased to enclose a calendar of pricing trials which we will be running over the next six months. We are going to be trialling different pricing mechanisms at both Sport and Market levels over the course of the six months, regularly reviewing the results and your feedback in order to shape future actions. Thank you to those who have already made suggestions.

The specifics for each trial will be communicated in advance so you can plan accordingly. Please note the mechanics for each trial will vary.

I can confirm that the first trial is on Tennis for the US Open and is for Set Winner markets only. The specifics are as follows;

Set Winner markets US Open
    29th August to 11th September 2016
    Pre and In-Play bets
    1% Commission
        Tariff will be applied to your specified account for Set Winner markets for US Open only
        All other markets will be at your natural commission rate and included in Premium Charge calculation
    Premium Charge exempt (we will calculate PC as if these markets don’t exist)
    Opt in basis only

Cricket International ODIs Month Long Overs Markets

NFL 3 month Trial

NBA 3 month trial

Rugby League Club & International Matches 3 Month trial

Rugby Union Club & International Matches 3 Month trial

Latin Amercian Horse Racing - Argentina Racing

I signed up etc but I have not got involved as of yet, as tennis betting is not for me. A few years ago I used to split myself between alot of different sports and do longer hours, but I mainly just concentrate on domestic racing and the main snooker events.

I have no idea who the got the email and who did not - I would have guess it was PC2 payers, but as there has been so little talk about it - i am guessing very little people got the invite.

In one way you think at least they are trying, but its seems a very half asred effort - and it will probably make very little difference. They need to give the PC2 payers a decent break to get the markets flowing again, but I doubt that will ever happen.

cheers
Report bingo bongo September 3, 2016 12:11 PM BST
Thanks Wicklow. I pay pc2 but no invite. Obviously 1% commission and no pc would be a massive change, but on markets such as us open set winner there can only be handful of people involved in this trial.
Report Wicklow September 3, 2016 1:05 PM BST
Yah and sure if you dont have a raw feed for tennis your on a hiding to nothing - too many bots and scoring programmes working off the live feeds. The 1% is defo a massive appeal, but tennis is not a betting medium for me these days.

strange alright that the likes of yourself on pc2 did not get an invite - finding how many and who/why they were chosen would be interesting.
Report vic September 4, 2016 1:06 PM BST
I'm on PC2 but no invite
Report Templeton Peck September 4, 2016 7:20 PM BST
I was invited. A PC2 payer but can't think of any other reason I'd be invited.  Could be because I have been involved to some extent with most the markets/sports being covered so far and  have complained plenty about PC. I also recently suggested lower commission/no PC on submarkets.
Report PeteTheBloke September 4, 2016 8:41 PM BST
What's PC2? 40 percent?
Report Wicklow September 4, 2016 9:02 PM BST
Yes Pete, 40/50 or 60% (if your really lucky)
Report PeteTheBloke September 4, 2016 9:14 PM BST
I haven't got that lucky yet :)
Report romfordiron September 4, 2016 10:55 PM BST
I'm a PC2 payer (only since July) and no such invite. I'm active in a huge variety of sports, but tend to trade the more liquid markets, so don't often get involved in those sort of side markets.

At least it seems they're investigating methods to attract some sort of action to the dead markets.
Report vic September 5, 2016 8:02 AM BST
I too, only get involved in more liquid markets now. Waiting for s*arkets to get their API up and running.
Report marky sparky October 17, 2016 10:52 AM BST
Was invited to this too, can only guess because I'm a PC2 payer who plays NFL, cricket etc.

Seems most of the trials are focused on side markets which is a shame as I only normally concentrate on match odds.  Liquidity dying in NFL so was really hoping this could give it a boost.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com