Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
plotdraw
05 Jun 16 13:15
| Topic/replies: 172 | Blogger: plotdraw's blog
Anyone know of a bot that i can instruct to place bets when a certain percentage of the market has been placed on dog .  Ie in certain races i am looking to bet dogs that are "over backed".  For example a 3/1 that has £3800 matched of a 10k market.
It is not possible with Bet Engine.  Thanks in advance
Show More
Report Gin June 5, 2016 1:57 PM BST
You could write a trigger spreadsheet for GRUSS?
Report plotdraw June 5, 2016 2:42 PM BST
Ok ta. Bots are new to me , is this complex ?
Report Gin June 5, 2016 2:48 PM BST
http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/

Check the forum for lots of info.

If you are new to this then all I can say is BE VERY CAREFUL.
Report plotdraw June 5, 2016 6:33 PM BST
Thanks again Gin
Report manwithaplan June 7, 2016 10:17 PM BST
Marketfeeder pro could set this up in a few minutes. It allows you to set up very simple or very complex automated betting systems. It's an official API product and far easier to get your head around than gruss.

Not part of the company, just a satisfied customer who wants to spread the word as the more people that use it, the more likely it will stay supported and allow me to carry on using it.
Report TheVis June 8, 2016 9:10 AM BST
Make sure you don't have much money in your account when trying this out, or ideally run it on a new account with limited funds.  Theses things can go wrong and could end up emptying your entire balance.
Report dave1357 June 8, 2016 11:27 AM BST

Jun 7, 2016 -- 4:17PM, manwithaplan wrote:

Marketfeeder pro could set this up in a few minutes. It allows you to set up very simple or very complex automated betting systems. It's an official API product and far easier to get your head around than gruss.Not part of the company, just a satisfied customer who wants to spread the word as the more people that use it, the more likely it will stay supported and allow me to carry on using it.

hmmm looking briefly at their website it appears that you have to ask them to set it up.  Obviously this would give away any value.

It could be set up in about 5 minutes on a gruss excel interface.  Column P has the amount staked on each dog and cell b3 the total amount matched so =p5/b3 will give you proportion of money on the first dog.  The present back odds are in column F so the implied probability is =1/f5.  So let's say you wanted to bet when the amount staked was 1.5 the amount dictated by the implied probability. Your trigger could be = IF($E$2="Not In Play",IF(((P5/B3)/(1/F5))>1.5,"BACK",""),"") then just amend this as you move down each of the traps p6/b3 1/f6 etc.

nb always remember the "Not In Play" or things will go pear shaped very quickly... and test with very small amounts in the stake column.  Also you should note that this system could make you an easy target for manipulation if your tactics were discovered.  Also you would have to load the market very close to the off (gruss does this as well) to ensure enough liquidity.

Report plotdraw June 8, 2016 1:14 PM BST
Thanks for all the advice lads. Dave1357 as you mentioned if marketfeeder does have to set it up for you it would def not be an option for me. Rather than load shortly before race ( which rather defeats the object as i may as well do it manually if im actually sitting there ) can i specify for the criteria to kick in once a certain amount of money has been matched ?
Report dave1357 June 8, 2016 1:45 PM BST
yes just put in another if statement to cover the amount matched eg for 10000:

=IF(B3>10000, IF($E$2="Not In Play",IF(((P5/B3)/(1/F5))>1.5,"BACK",""),""),"")

You can do so much with the gruss excel interface.
Report dave1357 June 8, 2016 1:47 PM BST
oh and gruss will load the market automatically at the published off time, so you don't need to be present
Report manwithaplan June 8, 2016 2:12 PM BST
Without wishing this to descend into a 'my api software is better than your api software' debate, the whole point of Market Feeder is that it is a set of tools that allows you to programme your own betting strategy without getting someone else to programme it for you, thus loosing your edge.  It uses drop down menus to set all the things that you need to use excel language for in gruss to programme, so eg if you wanted to bet in play you would do this using a drop down menu rather than have to write visual basic or excel statements.  Its whole purpose is to allow you to write automated betting strategies, and there is an active and friendly forum for when and if you get stuck.

You can ask for the company to write a bot for you if you wish, but most people just do it themselves for peace of mind.
Report dave1357 June 8, 2016 2:40 PM BST
the whole point of Market Feeder is that it is a set of tools that allows you to programme your own betting strategy without getting someone else to programme it for you, thus loosing (sic) your edge

There website says

Triggered betting is the main feature of MarketFeeder. You can make it do whatever you need with the triggers.

Every customer is eligible for a certain number of free trigger solutions, see details on Trigger Development service here.

I took that to mean that what OP required would need to be set up by the software provider but apologise if I picked this up wrongly.  Quite obviously gruss/excel deosn't need this so no idea what you mean by "getting someone else to programme it for you".

Both have free trials, so OP can have a go and see what he likes.
Report manwithaplan June 8, 2016 5:00 PM BST
I agree that the wording on their website is a bit ambiguous. 

What they do is that your subscription entitles you to have a trigger built to your specific requirements should you want them to programme it for you.  It's your choice to have them do that for you or not.  Many people who have a complex part of their system (like a staking plan for example) get them to write a trigger for that, and then add in the other elements that make the system personal to them afterwards. 

There are lots of examples of triggers (their name for the sets of instructions that have to happen before a bet is fired into the market) on the website that serve as good templates to start from and adapt.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com