Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Getafix
07 May 16 15:31
| Topic/replies: 285 | Blogger: Getafix's blog
I am reluctantly posting this here but since betfair have not responded to my latest email (sent on Monday), they obviously don't see it as being serious, so I wanted to check if anyone else is having this issue I will describe?

About 5-8 months ago I received an email along the lines of "thank you for contacting our customer service by telephone, please can you rate your experience by clicking here... blah...".  The issue was, I had not contacted betfair by telephone!
So, the first thing I did was to call them and explain I was concerned somebody had/was trying to hack my account using social engineering techniques (i.e., someone pretending to be me)...

Anyway, after not hearing from them for a while (they said they'd investigate), I chased this up and finally they said there was an issue and my email account had somehow been linked to someone else's account that had called them.  They apologised and said it was fixed... roll on a few months, the same started happened again. 
I contacted them, and after forwarding back to them around 5 such emails, they stopped (no explanation).

Then it seemed fixed for 2 months or so, but last week I am getting the same, "please rate your call" email's again but this time in different languages:

-----------------------------
Ciao XXXXXXX,

La ringraziamo per avere contattato il nostro servizio di assistenza.

Sarebbe molto utile per noi ricevere un suo commento in merito alla gestione della sua richiesta.

Occorrono solo 2 minuti del suo tempo ed e' molto importante per noi sapere come continuare ad offrire ai nostri clienti il miglior servizio possibile.

La ringraziamo in anticipo per i suoi commenti a noi molto graditi.

Esperienza del cliente

Via! Clicca qui per partecipare al sondaggio.‏

Hej XXXXXXXX

Tak for din henvendelse til vores Kundeservice.
Vi ville sætte stor pris på, hvis du vil give os nogle kommentarer omkring, hvordan din henvendelse blev klaret.
Det tager kun 2 minutter, og vi kan bruge din feedback til at sikre den bedst mulige hjælp for dig og andre kunder i fremtiden.
På forhånd tak for dine kommentarer, de er virkelig værdsat.
Betfairs kundeoplevelse-team

Klik venligst her for at deltage i undersøgelsen.

If this is a genuine issue with their system why has it not yet been fixed?  What if this isn't a system issue, it certainly leads one to speculate what could be going on behind the scenes. 
I don't want to contact betfair everytime I get one of these email, I do not want to inconvenience them but I know, once I don't report these, it could be a "genuine" hacking attempt.  The story of the "boy who cried wolf" comes to mind!
Pause Switch to Standard View Account Security
Show More
Report YOMOMMA May 7, 2016 4:04 PM BST
I used to get the same emails all the time. I went to account details and marketing preferences and unsubscribed out of all communications, since then it's been fine.
Report dave1357 May 7, 2016 4:19 PM BST
yomomma spectacularly missing the point
Report pxb May 8, 2016 5:45 AM BST
The reply email address will tell you if it is a genuine bf email or an attempt to spoof you.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com