Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
callataxi
02 May 16 20:59
| Topic/replies: 291 | Blogger: callataxi's blog
have a tired ,slow windows vista system and need a new pc really.

been advised to get an apple mac, assume cant go wrong with one of those?
Pause Switch to Standard View advice on what computer to get next?
Show More
Report pxb May 3, 2016 5:44 AM BST
With a Mac you pay a few hundred for the fashion statement it makes.

If you don't run MS apps, Word, Betangel, etc., get a Chromebook. Cheap and none of the Windows hassle, no viruses. I've used one for 4 years and wouldn't go back to Windows if you gave me a PC for free.
Report callataxi May 3, 2016 7:58 AM BST
ok cheers. im looking for a desktop, so assume either apple mac or chromebook can run betfair

and any software perfectly?? only ever used windows so a bit in the dark with these.
Report Over2.5 May 3, 2016 11:33 AM BST
lenovo desktop.... brilliant quality. look no further
Report pxb May 4, 2016 12:20 AM BST
Chromebooks only come in laptops. It's basically a Chrome browser with access to cloud applications. It can't run WIndows software.

A Mac can't run Windows software either (without some serious dicking around). So it can't run Betangel for example.

A word of advice. A friend asked me to setup a new Windows 8 computer for them. It was a horrible experience. Tablet touchscreen features on a laptop was a terrible idea. Get a demo of whatever PC you intend to buy as it will be very different to your current Vista machine. TBH a Chromebook will be most like what you have now.
Report longbridge May 4, 2016 11:04 AM BST
@pxb agree Win 8 is horrible but if the OP is buying new he should get it supplied with Win 10 which is pretty much OK.
Report pxb May 5, 2016 12:07 AM BST
I haven't seen Win 10.
Report zoom_top May 5, 2016 7:45 AM BST
I use an HP with win 10 - no problems. I went for fast delivery of data In the punting busibess fast computers are essential, so you need a powerful computer. Say at least I Core 7  64 bit  3.40 GHz or more.- DESKTOP
Report Over2.5 May 5, 2016 10:43 AM BST
windows 10 is excellent
Report Westender May 5, 2016 2:14 PM BST
Does the OP own a Colour TV yet?
Report pxb May 6, 2016 5:28 AM BST
Processor speed is irrelevant. But 4GB RAM is a minimum. The new site gets unstable when RAM is low.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com