Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
zoom_top
02 May 16 08:14
| Topic/replies: 208 | Blogger: zoom_top's blog
I have Betting Assistant but have an email offer to buy Geeks Toy - to buy outright. I have no idea whether this would be advantageous. I would welcome any comments as to whether it would be a good move to go ahead with the purchase.
Pause Switch to Standard View Betting Assistant v's Geeks Toy
Show More
Report Westender May 2, 2016 10:55 AM BST
This place is dead anyway so anything that scans a sea of empty boxes should be OK.
Report zoom_top May 2, 2016 1:44 PM BST
I was thinking that someone on here had used both and/or either and had the knowledge and time to contribute. I'm one who is not pessimistic.
Report Gin May 2, 2016 1:56 PM BST
Do Geeks Toy have a trial download so you can check it out?

I only use BA so can't offer any advice.
Report ABEX May 2, 2016 3:36 PM BST
I use gruss and do not have any exp. with GT, but if you have a purple account you should still be able to use gt for free and have an idea about the two products.
Report zoom_top May 3, 2016 1:31 AM BST
Thanks, Gin and Abex. Yea, I think I was expecting too much that someone had maybe used both and could advise. It's A$240 right now to purchase licence outright. That's not a huge amount I know but I have no idea whether it could do a lot more than BA. You were right Gin, there is a free trial so thanks for the tip.Of course one would be delusional to think that the program on it's own will steer you to financial freedom. It's the driver , not the vehicle, that makes or loses money. BTW Abex, do you find the program really useful ? and I assume a purple account is a high turnover Betfair account ???
Report hartani May 3, 2016 8:00 AM BST
It does less than Gruss so can't see why you would switch. GT was always banging on about how is was free and no reason to charge but that turned out to not be true, so sceptical on the outright license.
Report TheVis May 3, 2016 9:27 AM BST
Both work well. My preference is for Gruss.  As you say, neither will win you money.  Both are just tools to assist in the bet placing process. If you place bad bets you will still lose.
Report zoom_top May 3, 2016 12:37 PM BST
Thank you hartani and TheVs for your thoughts. Sometimes I do lose but I sit down to the computer to win. I believe I will win and generally I do. I never consider losing and go back to find out why if it happens. This way I can note any evaluating errors. Negativity breeds failure. Of course some nights weird unexplainable races do happen.
Report Gin May 3, 2016 2:31 PM BST
zoom_top 03 May 16 01:31 Joined: 02 Jan 08 | Topic/replies: 49 | Blogger: zoom_top's blog

and I assume a purple account is a high turnover Betfair account ???

Purple refers to the next most popular betting exchange (B*td*q) - You can use the programs for free on that site.
Report dave1357 May 3, 2016 3:37 PM BST
I do use both, I use Geeks Toy for live betting as its easy to set up what I want it to do.  I use gruss for the excel interface if I want to automate something.  You can gave a look at

https://www.geekstoy.co.uk/UserManuals/english.html

and see if there are any features that would improve your betting.
Report zoom_top May 3, 2016 4:50 PM BST
Thank you for your input Gin and dave1357. Yes, I had a Youtube look at Geeks Toy. It does require some time I would say to 'conquer' all that it has to offer. I like the UK dogs. Do you use it mainly for Sports, Dave, or racing (ie: GT) ? Not sure I can bet on "purple" in Aus, Gin (legally that is.) I often wonder if I could do a lot better with all the advanced features of Betting Assistant or GT for that matter. At present I mainly just "Dutch" and that works fine. I have yet to explore "hedging" "greening up" "tranferring data to excel"  "trigger betting" etc etc the list goes on....It was quoted on sales blurb (YouTube) that only 5% of punters use these betting platforms ie GT and/or BA. I find that hard to believe.
Report ABEX May 3, 2016 6:01 PM BST
Hello zoom_top, if you do not have a purple account and you are in Aus. I do not think is wise to open it just for GT.UK dogs on purple have much less liquidity than bf and probably you will waste only your time.
Report pxb May 4, 2016 6:12 AM BST
Purple doesn't allow Australians to open accounts. They closed them all 3 years ago.

I've used GT. It works well, although as I am mainly cricket and AFL, the ladder interface doesn't do much for me.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com