Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
devilsadvocate
05 Jun 14 16:20
| Topic/replies: 437 | Blogger: devilsadvocate's blog
Opened an account to try and get 10/1 farloe trent for the greyhound derby final to help me 'green up' . Deposited £100...to be only laid £20 at 10/1.... now they say I have to send them id verification in order to access my account and withdraw the other £80 I deposited !
Pause Switch to Standard View Marathonbet......has anyone else had...
Show More
Report fullback June 5, 2014 9:53 PM BST
Sue them.   Go to your Solicitor.  Go to the Press.  Post your story on every bulletin board you can find.  Send them a parcel of dog poo, nicely wrapped up.  That'll fix em.  Excited
Report Landprofits June 6, 2014 10:20 AM BST
Just send your ID. I doubt there will be a problem withdrawing £80 from them. However there are quite widespread payout issues with Marathonbet. I personally wouldn't be depositing big there at the moment.
Report SHAPESHIFTER June 6, 2014 10:32 AM BST
Save the hassle.  Back there, lay here.  baddabing.
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 6, 2014 7:34 PM BST
never had any problems with them
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 6, 2014 7:39 PM BST
They don't take big bets from new accounts, but apart from that I'd actually say they are a very good bookie.  Just send them your ID.
Report sheppy123 June 7, 2014 12:42 PM BST
I actually think their odds are quite good, even if the layout does look like it's been done on a Commodore 64!
Report bigmo June 7, 2014 8:40 PM BST
Always found them ok.
Report STUDYFORM June 8, 2014 2:37 PM BST
They might need to get with the times.....

I suggest changing their name to Snickersbet
Report TRFC Kev June 8, 2014 9:06 PM BST
Their odds are good because they don't lay bets.

I'm restricted to a maximum of £1, even at odds on.

I have nothing against Fulham, but I smiled when they got relegated because they have these jokers on their shirts.
Report sheppy123 June 9, 2014 8:03 PM BST
£1 - LaughLaughLaugh

Me too!
Report Kerrygold June 10, 2014 8:09 PM BST
hard firm to deal with ...i sent them plenty of id and proof of address and am trying to get my account open lol

been 3 months now ...i placed like about 10 to 20 wc bets ....Grin
Report wilyfox June 12, 2014 12:32 PM BST
My experience with these weapons grade pr****.

Deposited £100 to place a bet. Would only allow me £4. Attempted to withdraw funds to find a bookmaker that would take the bet. Then had email saying my account was blocked. To unblock it I had to send 3 pieces of ID which I duly did. Having fought tooth & nail to get them to process & verify the damn ID so I could gain access to my a/c to withdraw my money; I was then told my request to withdraw had been declined. The reason & I quote:

'depositing & withdrawing funds without placing a bet, for the sole purpose of accumulating bonus & rewards "air miles" etc is strictly forbidden'

'Could you please provide us with the reason you have performed such activities on your account'

I mean WTAF?!

Only after I told them the reason why I deposited & then made a requested to withdraw the amount did they action the withdrawal request.

If they behave like this when you don't even transact a bet, it doesn't even bare thinking about what they would do if you won & tried to withdraw your money - that's assuming they'd even honour the f***** bet.

How these people are able to trade/advertise as a legitimate bookmaker is beyond me.
Report YOMOMMA June 12, 2014 1:44 PM BST
marathonbet have really low max bets on early lines and on side markets. They take bigger bets nearer the start of an event on main match markets.

I've had an account with them for a while and they've been great. Terrific odds and fast payouts to skrill once account is verified.
Report YOMOMMA June 12, 2014 1:47 PM BST
From what I've heard they don't like arbitrage and limit quickly, but if you can stay below the radar you're fine.
Report acetennis June 21, 2014 6:22 AM BST
See they have stopped offering overnight prices on non handicap races
Report RichardHughes July 11, 2014 3:37 AM BST
Checked my credit report yesterday and these guys have done 3 searches on me in the space of a month. That sounds a little odd.
Report breadnbutter March 13, 2017 11:55 PM GMT
I see they are offering 6/1 altior winning the arkle to a fiver for new accounts  but is it worth the grief ?

they say free bet will be credited as a free bet and must be used within seven days ,but how do you withdraw and what ID will be needed ?

i hate bureaucratic bullsh1t should i give marathon a swerve ?

will i end up feeling like i should have had the fiver on at sp ?
Report PeteTheBloke March 17, 2017 11:00 AM GMT
Been OK for me, but the bl00dy password had to be the length of a story and they verify me every time I log in, which is a pain in the @rse
Report clouded leopard April 1, 2017 2:15 PM BST
Report Pounf April 21, 2017 10:04 AM BST
Agree with Pete, the password fiasco is a joke.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com