Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
devilsadvocate
05 Jun 14 17:20
| Topic/replies: 439 | Blogger: devilsadvocate's blog
Opened an account to try and get 10/1 farloe trent for the greyhound derby final to help me 'green up' . Deposited £100...to be only laid £20 at 10/1.... now they say I have to send them id verification in order to access my account and withdraw the other £80 I deposited !

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 20
By:
fullback
When: 05 Jun 14 21:53
Sue them.   Go to your Solicitor.  Go to the Press.  Post your story on every bulletin board you can find.  Send them a parcel of dog poo, nicely wrapped up.  That'll fix em.  Excited
By:
Landprofits
When: 06 Jun 14 10:20
Just send your ID. I doubt there will be a problem withdrawing £80 from them. However there are quite widespread payout issues with Marathonbet. I personally wouldn't be depositing big there at the moment.
By:
SHAPESHIFTER
When: 06 Jun 14 10:32
Save the hassle.  Back there, lay here.  baddabing.
By:
CLYDEBANK29
When: 06 Jun 14 19:34
never had any problems with them
By:
CLYDEBANK29
When: 06 Jun 14 19:39
They don't take big bets from new accounts, but apart from that I'd actually say they are a very good bookie.  Just send them your ID.
By:
sheppy123
When: 07 Jun 14 12:42
I actually think their odds are quite good, even if the layout does look like it's been done on a Commodore 64!
By:
bigmo
When: 07 Jun 14 20:40
Always found them ok.
By:
STUDYFORM
When: 08 Jun 14 14:37
They might need to get with the times.....

I suggest changing their name to Snickersbet
By:
TRFC Kev
When: 08 Jun 14 21:06
Their odds are good because they don't lay bets.

I'm restricted to a maximum of £1, even at odds on.

I have nothing against Fulham, but I smiled when they got relegated because they have these jokers on their shirts.
By:
sheppy123
When: 09 Jun 14 20:03
£1 - LaughLaughLaugh

Me too!
By:
Kerrygold
When: 10 Jun 14 20:09
hard firm to deal with ...i sent them plenty of id and proof of address and am trying to get my account open lol

been 3 months now ...i placed like about 10 to 20 wc bets ....Grin
By:
wilyfox
When: 12 Jun 14 12:32
My experience with these weapons grade pr****.

Deposited £100 to place a bet. Would only allow me £4. Attempted to withdraw funds to find a bookmaker that would take the bet. Then had email saying my account was blocked. To unblock it I had to send 3 pieces of ID which I duly did. Having fought tooth & nail to get them to process & verify the damn ID so I could gain access to my a/c to withdraw my money; I was then told my request to withdraw had been declined. The reason & I quote:

'depositing & withdrawing funds without placing a bet, for the sole purpose of accumulating bonus & rewards "air miles" etc is strictly forbidden'

'Could you please provide us with the reason you have performed such activities on your account'

I mean WTAF?!

Only after I told them the reason why I deposited & then made a requested to withdraw the amount did they action the withdrawal request.

If they behave like this when you don't even transact a bet, it doesn't even bare thinking about what they would do if you won & tried to withdraw your money - that's assuming they'd even honour the f***** bet.

How these people are able to trade/advertise as a legitimate bookmaker is beyond me.
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 12 Jun 14 13:44
marathonbet have really low max bets on early lines and on side markets. They take bigger bets nearer the start of an event on main match markets.

I've had an account with them for a while and they've been great. Terrific odds and fast payouts to skrill once account is verified.
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 12 Jun 14 13:47
From what I've heard they don't like arbitrage and limit quickly, but if you can stay below the radar you're fine.
By:
acetennis
When: 21 Jun 14 06:22
See they have stopped offering overnight prices on non handicap races
By:
RichardHughes
When: 11 Jul 14 03:37
Checked my credit report yesterday and these guys have done 3 searches on me in the space of a month. That sounds a little odd.
By:
breadnbutter
When: 14 Mar 17 00:55
I see they are offering 6/1 altior winning the arkle to a fiver for new accounts  but is it worth the grief ?

they say free bet will be credited as a free bet and must be used within seven days ,but how do you withdraw and what ID will be needed ?

i hate bureaucratic bullsh1t should i give marathon a swerve ?

will i end up feeling like i should have had the fiver on at sp ?
By:
PeteTheBloke
When: 17 Mar 17 12:00
Been OK for me, but the bl00dy password had to be the length of a story and they verify me every time I log in, which is a pain in the @rse
By:
clouded leopard
When: 01 Apr 17 14:15
By:
Pounf
When: 21 Apr 17 10:04
Agree with Pete, the password fiasco is a joke.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com