Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Darkforcesofevil
23 Jan 14 16:43
| Topic/replies: 279 | Blogger: Darkforcesofevil's blog
Not good news this if you are trying to get cash out of these clowns after months of wrangling...

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/financial-services/betting-executives-adjudicated-bankrupt-1.1664686
Pause Switch to Standard View SportsSpread executives bankrupt
Show More
Report Kerrygold January 26, 2014 2:32 AM GMT
yeah anything to do with them would be a disaster , they are still in the betting business lol
anyone that bets with them or anyhting that they are related to - deserves to get knocked ......

these clowns should get out of the betting game before they get themselves hurt
Report Darkforcesofevil January 28, 2014 1:40 PM GMT
anyone heard anything since last week on this lot?
Report Dr Doo Lay January 31, 2014 8:24 PM GMT
no. i keep listening. been trying to get 2k out of there for months now.
Report Kerrygold February 1, 2014 7:50 AM GMT
keep ringing them everydayHappy
Report Darkforcesofevil March 11, 2014 10:27 AM GMT
Dr Doo Lay - have they bothered to pay you yet?
They are unregulated and unlicensed from what I can see, with the Irish government simply washing their hands of them.
The site is still running, I'd advise anyone thinking about joining... DON'T
Report Dr Doo Lay April 4, 2014 7:02 PM BST
No, no payment received.

The Irish Small Claims court will not proceed with a claim against them stating it is a debt or refund so is a civil case.

A class action civil case would be an option but i feel they'd walk away and close down before getting hit
Report Darkforcesofevil July 22, 2014 6:11 AM BST
JuSt bumping this to again urge everyone to avoid like the plague
Report Kerrygold July 22, 2014 7:34 AM BST
u might need to get the viper involved

http://www.viperdebtrecovery.com/

if these fellas get involved you will get your cash less whatever u pay them  - they operate out of dublin

nice fellasLove
Report Darkforcesofevil July 22, 2014 8:33 PM BST
I ought to say there is now a Facebook group set up to highlight this blatant thievery from SportsSpread.

THe more people who join up and sign the letter there the better IMO.

www.facebook.com/groups/711478652245188/ should work or search for Facebook Fight Against SportsSpread
Report Tom July 22, 2014 9:23 PM BST
I was sent a flyer from these ***** only a few weeks ago. Luckily I was aware of what they had done.
Report Darkforcesofevil July 22, 2014 9:47 PM BST
Well done Tom. Keep spreading the word
Report Darkforcesofevil July 28, 2014 7:38 PM BST
This is the less than helpful response from the Dublin tax office when I asked them who regulates/licenses SportsSpread in Ireland.

"Dear XXXX

Revenue officers are obliged to treat personal and business information of a taxpayer in the strictest of confidence and not to disclose it to third parties. Therefore regarding the information that you require I regret that due to reasons of confidentiality I am unable to help you in this instance."

So as it stands SS can continue to trade with no protection at all for any new customers sucked in by their bonus offers.
Just unbelievable.
Report skanksta. November 6, 2014 7:23 PM GMT
Bumping this - just been knocked by SS.

Been using them for years w/o problems before so didn't think to check before trading.
Report pandemic November 13, 2014 4:35 PM GMT
Owed over a grand for a couple of months from these cowboys. Emails ignored. Hideous excuses on the phone like 'Account's dept doesn't work on Friday. Leave details and someone will reply' No further correspondence from them. Any advise would be appreciated.
Report FX GUN November 18, 2014 3:50 PM GMT
Ive been owed over £6k now for over a year. Totally rude and full of lies. I know of at least 20 other people owed money too. It frankly amazes me at the apathy of the police, Irish authorities etc towards this filty company.
Report Kerrygold November 20, 2014 5:00 AM GMT
bad situation here , as i said the viper is yer manLove
Report reb November 20, 2014 4:44 PM GMT
I had difficulty getting money from this company as far back as 2008.However,I did get paid. I remember that their spread lines were often totally out of sync with their competitors. They couldn't last. Surprised anyone has been betting with them these last few years.
Report Statbet November 25, 2014 1:15 PM GMT
I too am owed over £1k by this company and despite numerous emails and calls I am getting nowhere, with their rude, obnoxious accounts person refusing to discuss repayment of the debt.  I have contacted a debt collection agency in Ireland but need others to back up this action and improve our chances of recovering our money.  I've also contacted Watchdog and urge OTHERS to do so via their on-line form or via email watchdog@bbc.co.uk - PLEASE contact me to discuss what we can do together - WE CANNOT LET THIS COMPANY GET AWAY WITH THIS.
Report uncle nasty November 25, 2014 11:24 PM GMT
do viper have pals hove way? sportingbet directors owe me a big lump
Report Kerrygold November 25, 2014 11:54 PM GMT
no Uncle

what happened here with sportingbet  ?

can u shed some light on it...thanks
Report uncle nasty November 26, 2014 2:57 AM GMT
sportingoptions....sorry long time ago.
directors used clients funds to bet.
25 per cent if anyone wants to ask these nice gents for my brass back plus interest.
Report Kerrygold November 26, 2014 5:47 AM GMT
ah ok bud

well sportingoptions situation u are bunched here..u have zero chance...
Report Darkforcesofevil November 26, 2014 7:26 AM GMT
A few wheels have been set in motion against SS. We wait and see
Report Statbet November 27, 2014 12:40 PM GMT
Anyone any progress with this for anyone? - as they are sending out promotions every day to promote their services I suggest we keep promoting this thread to the top so any unsuspecting potential new Clients are aware of what the are doing!
Report Darkforcesofevil November 28, 2014 1:17 PM GMT
Statbet Ive messaged you some info
Report Statbet December 7, 2014 6:42 PM GMT
How about we all bombard their trading desk with requests?  I'm owed over £1k but as I've requested this withdrawal (on 1st October) my balance is zero...so by requesting bets we're taking up their traders time and pissing them off!  Suggest we co-ordinate our efforts for maximum effect.
Report Statbet December 8, 2014 8:34 PM GMT
Still getting their daily offers...****s
Report Darkforcesofevil December 9, 2014 12:25 PM GMT
Thats what we are trying to do! Have you joined the FB group?
Report Statbet December 13, 2014 9:26 AM GMT
No, send me the link and I will do...Watchdog have told me they are going to investigate these crooks next week.
Report Thin and Crispy December 13, 2014 1:19 PM GMT
Have you tried going to the papers about this? I think the Mail on Sunday and The Sunday Times take up this sort of thing.
Report Darkforcesofevil December 15, 2014 11:53 AM GMT
Statbet - did they seem keen? the SS server is based in UK - Skipton i think, so theoretically could be held liable by UK customers
Report Darkforcesofevil December 18, 2014 1:32 PM GMT
ttt
Report Statbet December 26, 2014 10:28 AM GMT
aaa
Report Statbet December 26, 2014 10:35 AM GMT
Sports Spread is a fully licensed bookmaker in the Republic of Ireland and operates a spread betting and fixed-odds business. The company offers its clients the opportunity to place spread bets on a wide range of sporting and political markets, both online at www.sportsspread.com or via its Trading Desk, which is located within Dublin’s Financial Services district. The firm was established in 2000 and is owned and managed by members of the executive team, many of whom have been with the company since its launch. Fergus Rice is Chairman and owner. Eoin Ryan is the company’s Managing Director. Brian O’Neill, co-founder of the business in 2000, is a non-executive Director. Trusted, secure and established, Sports Spread banks with Bank of Ireland and Barclays UK
Report Statbet December 26, 2014 10:42 AM GMT
50, Pembroke Road,
Ballsbridge,
Dublin 4.

Company Number:315317
Report Kerrygold December 28, 2014 7:32 AM GMT
fergus rice is main guy it seems
Report Dav_vin03 December 31, 2014 12:57 AM GMT
why not sell your debt to a local collector?
Report Darkforcesofevil January 4, 2015 5:37 PM GMT
ttt
Report Gullible January 13, 2015 9:41 AM GMT
there's a blog about them here

http://warningsportsspread.wordpress.com/2014/12/14/warning-do-not-trade-wit...
Report a1 January 13, 2015 12:56 PM GMT
If you are owed money by them please see twitter
SportsSpread Debtor ‏@jsrgreen
Report Statbet January 19, 2015 9:47 AM GMT
Xxx
Report Darkforcesofevil February 9, 2015 7:52 AM GMT
Still no change here. SS being allowed to trade regardless
Report Darkforcesofevil March 12, 2015 9:44 AM GMT
Another (dis)honourable mention and bump for SS. No doubt doing a roaring trade over the festival while still withholding peoples' cash from months ago.
Report Darkforcesofevil March 31, 2015 8:57 AM BST
ttt for umpteenth time until they are closed
Report Airman March 31, 2015 1:52 PM BST
An email to    mrdcollections@gmxdotcodot?k might be worth a try.
Report Darkforcesofevil May 26, 2015 9:01 PM BST
ttt
Report sonofshinner June 23, 2015 10:12 AM BST
i had an account with them for about 5minutes...they wouldnt let me draw my own money out till they said so.
Report a1 June 23, 2015 3:30 PM BST
How do they get away with it?
Report cachem1 September 16, 2016 4:50 PM BST
They have closed my account and kept my money (£1200). No problems with previous withdrawals. Only just discovered their past history. Any updates? News?
Report Mistermind January 16, 2018 5:29 PM GMT
ttt, this firm is still ongoing and swallowing deposits from innocents -- CONDONED by all in Ireland who know about their 17-year known form.
Report Mistermind January 20, 2018 2:40 PM GMT
Today in one morning received 3 emails from SportsSpread offering £1000 bonus for £1000 cash deposit.

Looks like last-minute desperation to rake in new money ASAP from innocents, to grab cash and flee country anticipating website shutdown by domain registrar ENOM and Irish Government.  Deja vu, like Lucan Bookmaker on Epsom Downs hill.
Report stu January 21, 2018 7:28 PM GMT
That is appalling if they are taking money still.
Report Mistermind January 24, 2018 9:04 PM GMT
SportsSpread home page is still beating their drum about giving 100% bonus to match deposit,
http://www.sportsspread.com/Account/Account_Login.aspx

i.e. max £1000 bonus for £1000 deposit.  Many years after non-payment threads first appeared here and in bookmakersreview Forum new victims are still being caught by SpotsSpread regularly inviting deposit to earn 100% bonus. Don't know where they buy their mailshot addressess.  On Saturday 20 Jan 2018 SportsSpread sent THREE emailshots to me in one morning.

Unless you did due diligence check of SportsSpread.com on Google first you would not have heard of anything untoward.  I signed up with numerous bookmakers who offered a bonus for opening a new account.  I never did a precautionary check.  Not one bookmaker failed to offer genuine bonus.  Not one bookmaker failed to honour funds withdrawal.

SportsSpread registered in Dutch West Indies Curacao is dragging the reputation of Dublin and Ireland through the sewer.
Report Mistermind January 30, 2018 12:30 PM GMT
Darkforcesofevil please PM me, a sufferer in the same boat.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com