Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BraveInca
07 Dec 09 11:53
| Topic/replies: 64 | Blogger: BraveInca's blog
been hearing that they have slashed their max stakes to rediculous sums like £20 total goals and 50p winning distances etc.. anyone know the truth about this? I saw it on this:

http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/news/industry-happenings/19891-extrabet-limits-cut-on-all-markets-online/
Show More
Report Kerrygold December 7, 2009 1:31 PM GMT
yep - over the last year or so on oddschecker i've compared their prices and they always seem to be out on the sharper sort of stuff - their traders must be asleep at the wheel....

wondered when they would close - i think they are in a small bit of trouble to put it lightly

wonder what do them traders do when they come into work every day - sleep lol
Report Kerrygold December 8, 2009 3:19 PM GMT
this business will sell for peanuts
Report Baz December 8, 2009 4:08 PM GMT
The Comp's costs can't be met by trading in this size. There are only 2 options for the company at this point, selling up or closing, selling naturally fav. A sad reflection of the direction that spread betting has taken over the last few years.
Report King Cally December 8, 2009 5:37 PM GMT
The lack of responses thus far on this thread, is an indication in itself of how small the impact is of spread betting on the betting masses these days.
Report Darkforcesofevil December 9, 2009 1:20 PM GMT
I put up a thread about them last month when it started getting silly. Staking sizes seem to have picked up in the last week or so.
Report Partridge December 9, 2009 7:45 PM GMT
think they may have started doing same on fixed odds, i lose with them and bet on silly markets and cant bet anything hardly - keeps saying 'please phone as bet too large for online' when betting about £20 on some things!
Report Eldrick December 9, 2009 10:09 PM GMT
all the spread firms have encroached heavily on fixed odds markets in the last 4 years

they dress it up as binary betting or whatever, but they are offering precisely the same bets that you can have with all the fixed odds bookies

a positive spin would be to say they are expanding their range of markets by doing this (look! we've got 146 markets on this table tennis match! we've wrapped a spread around everything we could find on betfair! wow this is exciting! why don't you take our traders "opinions" on! watch out though, they sure are shrewd!)

a negative spin would be to say that spreadbetting is (relatively speaking) a betting backwater with a handful of very big staking mugs who the spread firms fall over themselves to protect, and a core set of established clients who dwindle by the day
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com