Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BraveInca
07 Dec 09 11:53
| Topic/replies: 64 | Blogger: BraveInca's blog
been hearing that they have slashed their max stakes to rediculous sums like £20 total goals and 50p winning distances etc.. anyone know the truth about this? I saw it on this:

http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/news/industry-happenings/19891-extrabet-limits-cut-on-all-markets-online/

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 7
By:
Kerrygold
When: 07 Dec 09 13:31
yep - over the last year or so on oddschecker i've compared their prices and they always seem to be out on the sharper sort of stuff - their traders must be asleep at the wheel....

wondered when they would close - i think they are in a small bit of trouble to put it lightly

wonder what do them traders do when they come into work every day - sleep lol
By:
Kerrygold
When: 08 Dec 09 15:19
this business will sell for peanuts
By:
Baz
When: 08 Dec 09 16:08
The Comp's costs can't be met by trading in this size. There are only 2 options for the company at this point, selling up or closing, selling naturally fav. A sad reflection of the direction that spread betting has taken over the last few years.
By:
King Cally
When: 08 Dec 09 17:37
The lack of responses thus far on this thread, is an indication in itself of how small the impact is of spread betting on the betting masses these days.
By:
Darkforcesofevil
When: 09 Dec 09 13:20
I put up a thread about them last month when it started getting silly. Staking sizes seem to have picked up in the last week or so.
By:
Partridge
When: 09 Dec 09 19:45
think they may have started doing same on fixed odds, i lose with them and bet on silly markets and cant bet anything hardly - keeps saying 'please phone as bet too large for online' when betting about £20 on some things!
By:
Eldrick
When: 09 Dec 09 22:09
all the spread firms have encroached heavily on fixed odds markets in the last 4 years

they dress it up as binary betting or whatever, but they are offering precisely the same bets that you can have with all the fixed odds bookies

a positive spin would be to say they are expanding their range of markets by doing this (look! we've got 146 markets on this table tennis match! we've wrapped a spread around everything we could find on betfair! wow this is exciting! why don't you take our traders "opinions" on! watch out though, they sure are shrewd!)

a negative spin would be to say that spreadbetting is (relatively speaking) a betting backwater with a handful of very big staking mugs who the spread firms fall over themselves to protect, and a core set of established clients who dwindle by the day
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com