Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Jimmy Diamond
08 Dec 09 21:48
| Topic/replies: 2,539 | Blogger: Jimmy Diamond's blog
Been betting for 5 months now using my simple system of points for my selections, i.e 1-5 points depending on how much i fancy the bet. After three months im averaging 6pts profit per week and staking on average 38 pts. My yield therefore is 15%.

I think this is a fairly decent return and i seem to be able to avert long losing runs and massive loss over a short time.

Ive learned that keeping records so i can see what bets im good at (or not so) is helping me and also i think the single most important quality needed to suceed is discipline. I started out on £4 per point which admittedly isnt a lot but the aim is to keep upping as my bank increases and eventually be betting £35 per point or more.

What yield do others achieve? Thought id share my 'system' incase anyone else wants to give it a go.
Show More
Report bum December 8, 2009 10:23 PM GMT
i give it a go
Report FatalStatistics December 8, 2009 10:25 PM GMT
No doubting discipline is absolutely critical ( and tough !! )
I make your info 15.8% ROI which is very good, and if you can maintain it over the "long term' whilst avoiding the dreaded losing streaks, then you are indeed onto something.
The amount you stake is not important, its the maths the matters..
Best o' luck with it !.
Report tommo5thbeatle December 8, 2009 10:30 PM GMT
You remind me of me when i started, I always go for level stake betting if I feel I may be onto something though. It doesnt matter what the odds are and base stake size on it as over the course of a large number of bets your ROI will probably be within -/+5% of 0.
Report dlarssonf December 9, 2009 8:24 AM GMT

of course the amount he stakes is important
Report FINE AS FROG HAIR December 9, 2009 8:31 AM GMT
Your "yield" is effectively approx.800 % pa.
Yes I would agree that's fairly decent.
Give us a break.
Report beetle December 9, 2009 8:32 AM GMT
Jimmy

As you have been keeping records, what would have happened if you had applied your points system according to odds instead of how much you fancied the selection. i.e. placing the hightest stake on the longest odds and visa versa.

Just interested to know, provided you feel inclined.
Report FatalStatistics December 9, 2009 9:10 AM GMT

In that if your maths ( theoretically ) is not sound - it aint gunna matter what you stake , you'll lose it.
Not trying to be Confucius , just making a simple point really.
Report dlarssonf December 9, 2009 9:42 AM GMT
i agree with that fatal, but not with staking is unimportant.
Report FatalStatistics December 9, 2009 9:52 AM GMT
fair enough ..

perhaps Confucius would have said..
The amount you stake is not as important as why you are staking it !
Report Zola's Back Heel December 9, 2009 11:15 AM GMT
A bad system cannot be cured by good staking. A good system can be ruined by bad staking.
Report Jimmy Diamond December 9, 2009 5:41 PM GMT
Thanks for the comments guys, appreciatted and also some things to think about.

beetle, when i get an hour or two ill try working that out.........having a quick glance i would guess i would be worse off but thats without totting up. I tend to stake more on short prices and less on longer odds selections-thats not a deliberate thing, just the way it seems to happen. Id say my average price was about the 4/5 mark.

Ive avoided long term markets such as tennis outrights, golf tournemant outrights ect.

Its not really a system as such but i enjoy watching a broad range of sport and enjoy betting so why not see if i can profit out of it.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com