Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
-$55555
08 Dec 09 02:25
| Topic/replies: 32 | Blogger: -$55555's blog
I am in betting for 4 years and last 2 years I have big problems with most AAA bookies. they are limiting 95% of my accounts.
Lets find some tools that we can use to solve that problem.
Pause Switch to Standard View Why do bookies limiting our accounts...
Show More
Report easykc1 December 8, 2009 2:52 AM GMT
ok ive got a crowbar ,hows everyone else tooled up?
Report Joel December 8, 2009 3:56 AM GMT
I'll get my screw driver.
Report AtThePicnics December 8, 2009 5:26 AM GMT
I have a dessert spoon
Report yoyo December 8, 2009 8:05 AM GMT
why use them, 20% better odds on here.??
Report 88 December 8, 2009 8:16 AM GMT
big prices on here but these arbers dont care as they are only after the free pennies
Report Pounf December 8, 2009 8:31 AM GMT
Above post 1.01 for accuracy
Report artie December 8, 2009 10:10 AM GMT
Problem insoluble unfortunately.Bookmakers can do what they want.
Report joshuag December 8, 2009 10:12 AM GMT
So what are you saying, bookmakers only restrict arbers ?
Report joshuag December 8, 2009 10:19 AM GMT
There are many things you can do, the public has to get off its arse and be active
Report tommo5thbeatle December 8, 2009 10:22 AM GMT
i tried arbing its horrifically underpaid.
Report Back High Lay Low December 8, 2009 10:35 AM GMT
I tried barbing but the uni-sex place down the road put me out of business
Report how do u mark your titleist?! December 8, 2009 11:10 AM GMT
arbing isnt underpayed if u dont lay of for pure pittance, why any1 would take guarenteed £5 profit over losing maybe £5 comm for 50 is shockin
Report artie December 8, 2009 11:16 AM GMT
"there are many things you can do....". Suggest some.
Report Eldrick December 8, 2009 11:53 AM GMT
i'm going to shoot a video of me walking into a bookies, where i ask for five grand on spartak monkeys to win 4-0 in the nohoper cup

when this is declined, i shall have a bizarre go at the woman behnd the till, then when the manager comes up to explain that i was barred last week for screaming at everyone like a moron, i will talk loudly over him

this would surely help wouldn't it?
Report Zola's Back Heel December 8, 2009 12:25 PM GMT
^ :^0 oh the memories!
Report cruki December 8, 2009 12:35 PM GMT
why use them, 20% better odds on here.??

yes 20% better odds plus 5% commission + 20% premium charge = 5% worse odds
Report joshuag December 8, 2009 2:12 PM GMT
I have never screamed at anyone in a booke. I have raised my voice to alert all customers to what is happening and to show my disgust at the company. Furthermoer I have never been banned for poor behaviour simply for winning which of course is not a rule that is written on the bookies rules page
Report joshuag December 8, 2009 2:14 PM GMT
The one thing bookmakers do not want is attention drawn to the fact that if you win you will be banned. You must work on this weakness and make every effort to draw attention to it. I kid you not that most punters are blissfully unaware that this practice happens
Report artie December 8, 2009 2:31 PM GMT
I don't think bookmakers care if attention is drawn to their activities. They are a law unto themselves.
Report joshuag December 8, 2009 2:32 PM GMT
The certainly do Artie, why do you think they come on here and defend their industry
Report GASHWAN December 8, 2009 2:49 PM GMT
Eldrick 08 Dec 12:53
i'm going to shoot a video of me walking into a bookies, where i ask for five grand on spartak monkeys to win 4-0 in the nohoper cup

when this is declined, i shall have a bizarre go at the woman behnd the till, then when the manager comes up to explain that i was barred last week for screaming at everyone like a moron, i will talk loudly over him

this would surely help wouldn't it?

:^0
Report artie December 8, 2009 3:01 PM GMT
JG - A bookmakers objective is to get punters money. They are not providing a service. They are not involved in some sort of good natured sporty battle of wits with punters, they just want our money and they don't care how they get it. The "man in the street " couldn't care less if they restrict or close winning accounts.He will still bet with them when he wants to. They know this and that's why they couldn't care less about bad publicity.
Report joshuag December 8, 2009 3:47 PM GMT
Artie, there is some truth in what you say but we live in changing times. I have met even some older people who are waking up to the idea of Betfair and changing. But I take your point that there will always be a core of people who take lsoing as a a way of life. They prefer to find ways to validate their existence than spend time and most importantly effort on changing it.
Report Deadly Earnest December 8, 2009 3:49 PM GMT
I don't think bookmakers would like it universally known that winners are severley limited or banned Artie. It has to make their products more difficult to sell to the people they win from.

People can be pretty silly at times but the general public is not totally stupid and not beyond taking offence either. In dealing only with losing punters the bookmakers are effectively saying to the people they will bet with: "I have assessed you as a loser who will not win from me, but on the off chance I am wrong I will stop doing business with you in any case."

If the losing masses were not ignorant of this do you not think many would avoid doing business with bookies? The bookies know this, that is why they don't openly admit to banning winners.
Report joshuag December 8, 2009 3:53 PM GMT
Its certainly true that if asked the question they will avoid the answer at all costs. See the article in the RP about 18 months ago. Only one bookmaker had the guts to answer the direct question with a 'yes we close winning accounts'
Report monmore man December 8, 2009 4:10 PM GMT
They certainly don't want it publicising that winners are barred. Yes, it won't stop the majority of their clients betting on virtual racing and FOBTs until skint but it will not increase their business. It can only reduce it. It is hard to understand why a few years ago on course books had to have a sign on their board saying how much they would lay something to lose and yet off course books can just say no thanks, go away.
Report -$55555 December 8, 2009 7:19 PM GMT
I will buy bet365 unlimited account for $100:)
I will buy ladbrokes unlimited account for $100:)
I will buy sportingbet unlimited account for $75:)
any opinions?
Report -$55555 December 8, 2009 7:22 PM GMT
I will buy bet365 unlimited account for $100:)
I will buy ladbrokes unlimited account for $100:)
I will buy sportingbet unlimited account for $75:)
any opinions?
Report 88 December 8, 2009 7:31 PM GMT
no matter what account it is , your IP address will give the game away !
Report flipem December 8, 2009 7:54 PM GMT
and when you start winning they will ban you again anyway.

I used to own an independents and we didnt ban anyone to start with, we used to lay their bets off. Its easy to do on here with just single win bets but not with ew and accas so we then used a trade account to lay them off.
After a while they were stopped as we were wining so in the end we had to stop taking certain customers bets, thereby effectivelly banning them.

For the big 4 its different but they are in business to make money so when they start losing to certain customers they will do what every other business would do, and restrict them or ban them.

No point opening up another account unless you use different pc and IP address , also different card details in someones elses name and then that will only last for 3 or 4 winning bets anyway and they will restrict you again anyway when you will have to go through the whole process again.
Report johhnyg December 8, 2009 8:12 PM GMT
I always laugh when I read how people complain they can't get a bet on. Betfair must love the publicity. Seriously, if you are thick enough not to be able to work your way around it, then I highly suspect you are either a wannabe or just looking for more mugs to come on here. ROFLMAO.
Report Pounf December 9, 2009 8:36 AM GMT
If I was in a shop and somebody came in and started shouting that they couldnt get a bet on because they were winning too much I would think ......
Report Pounf December 9, 2009 8:38 AM GMT
Took some cohones to do that, cos to the ordinary punter you`d look a bit like a care in the community case
Report kimochi December 9, 2009 9:34 AM GMT
people who can make money on here don't tend to cry about getting restricted by tinpot bookies. or shout at them. try improving your methods.
Report GASHWAN December 9, 2009 4:02 PM GMT
johhnyg 08 Dec 21:12
I always laugh when I read how people complain they can't get a bet on. Betfair must love the publicity. Seriously, if you are thick enough not to be able to work your way around it, then I highly suspect you are either a wannabe or just looking for more mugs to come on here. ROFLMAO.

couldn't agree more
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com