Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Chasing Mug
04 Dec 09 13:15
| Topic/replies: 41 | Blogger: Chasing Mug's blog
(Just focus on Lifetime PL)

If you are in loss, no Premium Charge.

If you are in profit and the sum of market losses is 81% of the sum of market profits, then still no premium charge.

Its 81.4% on 5% commission (Ratio should be lesser than 215/175) and will be slghtly higher for lower commissions.

Just worked this out, is this correct?
Pause Switch to Standard View Is this Condition for Prem Charge...
Show More
Report Chasing Mug December 4, 2009 1:15 PM GMT
What I mean above is for example if lifetime profit is 10,000 made by profits 15,000 and losses 5,000, there will be Premium charge as the losses are only 33%.

On the other hand the lifetime profit is 10,000 made by profits 100,000 and losses 90,000 then there will beno PC because the ratio 90% is higher than 81.4%
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 4, 2009 1:55 PM GMT
it's around 89% for someone on average commission.
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 4, 2009 1:56 PM GMT
actual net winnings that is
Report Eddie the eagle December 4, 2009 3:54 PM GMT
Chasing mugs , your opening post is correct.
Report Chasing Mug December 4, 2009 4:11 PM GMT
hmmm 80%+ losses against profits is hard to generate naturally. So once your account is in lifetime profit its hard to avoid the PC. Indeed only arbers (even if they are in profit) will be able to generate that kind of wins and losses on turnover. And may be those speculative bettors whose systems include big wins and losses per market compared to their bank sizes.
Report Eddie the eagle December 4, 2009 4:32 PM GMT
Chasing Mug 04 Dec 17:11

hmmm 80%+ losses against profits is hard to generate naturally. So once your account is in lifetime profit its hard to avoid the PC. Indeed only arbers (even if they are in profit) will be able to generate that kind of wins and losses on turnover. And may be those speculative bettors whose systems include big wins and losses per market compared to their bank sizes.

I'm not sure if many agree with you on the underlined statement !!!
Report Chasing Mug December 4, 2009 4:39 PM GMT
eddie,
of course i meant for those in profit :)
Report Eddie the eagle December 4, 2009 4:41 PM GMT
Even among those I think most will disagree.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com