Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Feck N. Eejit
01 Dec 09 11:12
| Topic/replies: 8,841 | Blogger: Feck N. Eejit's blog
Inspired by betfair's wining and dining successes the bookmakers have successfully lobbied the GC to be allowed to keep all bets placed late. The GC have agreed that provided the rule is included in their terms and conditions the placing of late bets should come under 'caveat emptor'.

My dear departed dad liked a bet at the weekend but was never into the finer points of the game. If he'd lost his holiday pay on a late winning bet I'd have told him he deserved it for being so stupid while pointing out to him that bookmakers were wealth creators.

LONG LIVE MAGGIE AND RUPERT.
Pause Switch to Standard View Bookmakers to be allowed to keep late...
Show More
Report Moon Light December 1, 2009 11:44 AM GMT
Unbelievably vile news. There seems no limit to this country's decline. We are ruled by the** of the earth.
Report Muqbil December 1, 2009 11:46 AM GMT
That is real sick.

It has to be done, punters need to form a proper working group.

There needs to be all out war to get this poxy quango disbanded and exposed.
Report Feck N. Eejit December 1, 2009 11:53 AM GMT
Apologies gents, I'm only joking, but it's entirely beleivable in light of what the betfair oligarchs are allowed to get away with.
Report Hayden December 1, 2009 11:56 AM GMT
disagree and think it's a step forward and fair , don't be fooled and think ALL bets placed late will be retained it will be a discretionary thing with honest punters not suffering , the ruling is to put the fraudsters and crooks in a win/lose situation as they currently are in a win/break even comfort zone so there's no risk attached to the attempted fraud.

well done authorities as dishonesty shouldn't be allowed to prosper without paying a price , this ruling will not affect the honest punters an iota but will deter fraudulent activity.
Report Hayden December 1, 2009 11:58 AM GMT
I know you're joking but when common sense prevails and it happens I have a ready made response
Report freetea December 1, 2009 11:59 AM GMT
Alas Feck, in the shops this is already common practice as experienced in laddbrokes. I have called on the RP to investigate but might as well piiss in the wind.
Place a bet after the off in my local large laddbrokes and a). if it wins - no payout late bet. b). if it loses - nearly all punters throw their slip away.
Neat trick.
Report Feck N. Eejit December 1, 2009 12:04 PM GMT
I totally agree freetea. They were supposed to be going to implement a rule whereby sleepers went to good causes (banking s**as well as bookmakers) but the GC just don't have the time to fit something like that in between meals.
Report Feck N. Eejit December 1, 2009 12:06 PM GMT
dishonesty shouldn't be allowed to prosper without paying a price

Posting that on this forum is like calling for pay restraint on a banker's forum.
Report Muqbil December 1, 2009 12:08 PM GMT
lol

Indicates the regard in which the GC are held that you could post such a statement and fprumites are ready to believe it without question.

What are the operating costs of the GC?

Have they done one single thing to benefit the honest punter?
Report Hayden December 1, 2009 12:19 PM GMT
apologies gents only joking , passes the time in between racing though doesn't it.
Report Feck N. Eejit December 1, 2009 12:21 PM GMT
Tesco must be hoping they'll create a food commission so corner shops will be priced out of existence.
Report Feck N. Eejit December 1, 2009 12:22 PM GMT
No worries Hayden.
Report Feck N. Eejit December 1, 2009 12:25 PM GMT
CAT could tell you Muqbil. Priced out of existence by a mob whose sole function appears to be sending a guy out to check the odd shop has no under age gamblers (between meals).
Report donemyconkers December 1, 2009 12:48 PM GMT
Destination invariant funds if you ask me
Report disturbed December 1, 2009 2:22 PM GMT
I am not familair with bookmaker betting shops. Can you explain further?

Surely, if a bet is late, then it is both the fault of the bookmaker and the punter, so the bet should be void in any case. How can the bookmaker be the only winner in that case? This encourages him to trap his customers.

Surely, I must be missing something.

And what are those fraudsters that you are talking about? Were there people placing bets after the off?
Report Feck N. Eejit December 1, 2009 3:01 PM GMT
Surely, if a bet is late, then it is both the fault of the bookmaker and the punter, so the bet should be void in any case. How can the bookmaker be the only winner in that case? This encourages him to trap his customers.

Correct. Tell betfair about it.
Report The Magician (100) December 1, 2009 6:45 PM GMT
feck

to betfair - while in the past Betfair have (in the past) endoursed **s to keep money laid aginst horses that miss the start etc etc.

Last week - I sucessfully got bets void ( not compensated) on a race where a horse was laid that missed the start by 5L ( or so) and on balance it looked like the layers new it had missed the start

so Betfair (under constant pressure) are starting to see the light.

it will not be long before I alos force the GC to void bets. so stay tuned
Report Feck N. Eejit December 2, 2009 8:21 AM GMT
The only thing betfair are seeing is the float magician. This is how betfair see it.

On **ing

We at the Workd Athletics Association stand accused of allowing drug **s to run amok. It may be unfair for athletes not taking drugs but life's unfair. Some athletes train longer and harder than other athletes. Is that fair? We at the WAA don't think it should be about natural ability and hard work, we think it should be about finding the best chemist and athletes with natural athletic ability are just being selfish wanting athletics to be a test of ability, strength and endurance. So what if the high jump and long jump records were recorded on the moon? Space travel's open to anyone who's willing to get up off their fat @rses and build a multi-billion pound company.

On the bet placement delay

We have introduced seeding so drug **s are rarely drawn against drug **s as otherwise drug **s would be unwilling to pay for expensive drugs.

On warnings

Athletics wiould fall apart if every athlete was aware we allowed drugs to be taken willy nilly. Drug **s aren't going to pay for expensive drugs just to compete against each other.
Report Feck N. Eejit December 2, 2009 8:22 AM GMT
Maggie might be on her way out but her children are alive and well.
Report Feck N. Eejit December 3, 2009 8:56 AM GMT
It seems even the queen hated the evil one. Strange that a company like betfair that so obviously embraces Thatcher's 'greed is good' philosophy should end up with a queen's award.
Report Muqbil December 3, 2009 9:23 AM GMT
You have managed to restrain yourself from posting on the "Liquidity, where does it come from" thread, Feck.

You are mellowing with age :)
Report Feck N. Eejit December 3, 2009 9:39 AM GMT
lol Muqbil. I think my work is done on that subject. "Traders supply liquidity" is the opium of the masses.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com