Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
JackS
28 Nov 09 20:44
| Topic/replies: 352 | Blogger: JackS's blog
To do something nice for Christmas and to keep my idle hands making evil work and betting more than I can afford over this awkward time of year I have decided to have a crack at making a little money out of the horrible book makers to donate to charity.

After Lori and hollywobbly gave me some advice I have taken advantage of bet 365's 100% of initial deposit offer. I now have a bank of £400 to bet with, according to their terms and conditions I must turn over £1200 before I can withdraw so hopefully come Christmas I will still have something left to withdraw and donate to Macmillan Cancer Support who were a fantastic help to my grandfather before he passed away.

I see plenty of people bragging on the forums about being so good at betting that they are limited with all the book's so if anyone has any suggestions for selections they would be appreciated.

Working for hills I get the odd bit of information for greyhounds and do quite well with my football betting so they will be my main things to focus on. Weather I place bets to a level stake of £40 or try for a big pay out and go with 50% of the bank will be entirely down to the selections suggested or if I have a strong fancy.

What's the point of this thread? Well to record my results and hopefully get some winning selections from our most knowledgeable forum.

Feel free to take the pi5s if it all goes wrong and I end up skint.

Cheers.
Pause Switch to Standard View Charity betting
Show More
Report Video_Lounge November 28, 2009 8:47 PM GMT
GL
:)
Report JackS November 28, 2009 8:48 PM GMT
Cheers Video.

Will hopefully keep me entertained and disciplined untill Christmas and hopefully will be able to give something back to such a good cause at the end of it.
Report Lori November 28, 2009 8:50 PM GMT
I seem to remember there's a minimum odds you have to bet for the bet to count towards bonus, it's been a while so I could be wrong there, but it would be worth double checking before you start (nothing sinister, like 1/2 or 4/6 or something, it's to stop you having £1200 on a 1/1200 shot and winning £200 I seem to remember)
Report luloo November 28, 2009 8:53 PM GMT
for thVERY VERY SIMPLE IF YOU WORK FOR BILLY YOU KNOW WHAT THE GAME IS SO GO ON THE ERN WITH ALL THE FREE BETS ABOUT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO TREBLE YOUR BANK BEFORE XMAS.
sorry for caps just noticed.
Report JackS November 28, 2009 8:53 PM GMT
You are indeed correct lori.

"Any bets placed containing selections of less than 1/2 (1.5) will not count towards any rollover requirement."

"Bets placed on asian handicap, goal line and Baseball money line markets, both pre-game and In-Play do not count towards any rollover requirement."

Thats 2 more rules to add then. Nothing shorter than 1/2 and No asian handicap's. Baseball isn't a great loss as what I know about baseball can be written on the back of a postage stamp.
Report Nova Sicko November 28, 2009 8:53 PM GMT
400 on everton tomorrow then
Report JackS November 28, 2009 8:55 PM GMT
Luloo I have used pretty much all the online book's bar 365 to take advatage of their free bets arbing them back on here to grow my inital bank to bet with myself.
Report Lori November 28, 2009 8:56 PM GMT
The baseball rule is rather amusing/odd :0
Report luloo November 28, 2009 8:57 PM GMT
So, use your mums dads sisters uncles brothers in fact any ones its for a good course.
Report JackS November 29, 2009 2:44 PM GMT
Going for a large bet to start things off.

1 Chelsea @ 13/8
Stake: 200.00 Single
Potential Winnings: 325.00

Lampard returns for Chelsea and Essien will surely stop Arsenal's midfield from playing. RVP being out is a huge loss for Arsenal, without him I really don't know where the goals will come from.

Drogba has a excellent scoring record against Arsenal and injury doubts to Gallas could give him a license to bully the Arsenal back 4. Chelsea are trying for a 5th straight league win.

I think this will be a tight game and probably 0-0 or 1-0 either way so we will need a little luck but hopefully Chelsea can do the business and get our charity bank off to a flying start.
Report Lori November 29, 2009 4:55 PM GMT
:^0

Gets you a nice buffer, gl.
Report JackS November 29, 2009 9:41 PM GMT
A pleasing start. Chelsea actually won more comfortably than I imagined. Normally I wouldn't usually risk such a high % of bank but this has put the charity donation bet's off to a flyer.

1 Chelsea @ 13/8
Stake: 200.00 Single
Potential Winnings: 325.00

Won.

Start Bank £400

New bank £725

Stake turnover required before withdrawl £1000.

I actually have no idea how much if anything I will have left to withdraw to donate at the end of the challenge. Hopefully a cheque for at least £1500 can be written and sent off. Would be a nice gesture at Christmas for sure.

I might have some information for a few dogs next week for a few small bets if not I will concentrate on the football again.
Report JackS November 30, 2009 11:13 AM GMT
A few fancys on the horses today to try and add to our charity donation.

Selections

1 Proud Linus @ 14/1
Unit Stake: 10.00 E/W Single
Stake: 20.00
2 Petroglyph @ 11/2
Unit Stake: 40.00 E/W Single
Stake: 80.00
3 Flashy Conquest @ 4/1
Stake: 25.00 Single
Potential Winnings: 100.00

(All races B.O.G)

Petroglyph is todays nap. There have been some big market moves for horses in this race but in my view Petroglyph has really strong claims.

Flashy Conquest will not need to improve much to win today. Want to take winning show on now he is racing a right handed track.

Proud Linus has contested much much higher class of races than this such as the Group 1 Shadwell Middle Park Stakes over 6f at Newbury in October 2007 and last year over 1m in the Brittania Stakes when running off a mark of 93. Today he gets in off a mark of 60 and is well drawn. Well worth a few quid each way.

Fingers crossed we can add to the charity bank.
Report JackS November 30, 2009 7:02 PM GMT
Todays results.

Flashy Conquest @ 7/1 Lost.
Petroglyph @ 11/2, £40.00 EW Won Returns £264.80
Proud Linus @ 16/1 Lost.

Total 125.00 264.80

The nap won in good style. A hefty 30p rule 4 diminished the charity returns. The other 2 were poor in all honesty. Still profit is profit.

Start bank £400.

New bank £864.80

Stake roll over before withdrawl £875.00

Going along nicely with a nice profit for Macmillan.
Report JackS November 30, 2009 7:05 PM GMT
Draw - Blackpool @ 4/1
Stake: 64.80 Single
Potential Winnings: 259.20

Tonights mug football bet is in the Blackpool Vs Preston game. A local derby usually means you can throw the form book out of the window, but Blackpools last 5 home games have finished DH, HH, HH, DH, DH.

Blackpool HT/FT looked too skinney to me at 9/4 so have plumped for D/H.

Not a strong bet but hopefully will returns some more proits for Macmillan.

Fingers crossed.
Report Beeeely November 30, 2009 7:39 PM GMT
Best of luck mate :) Going well at the moment, but you need Preston to get a goal before Half Time!
Report Beeeely November 30, 2009 7:42 PM GMT
Did I bring you good luck or what mate :)
Report JackS November 30, 2009 9:21 PM GMT
Got slightly lucky for Preston to get back into the game before half time. Blackburn could and should have killed the game off in the second half but it was not to be.

Draw - Blackpool @ 4/1 Lost.

Start Bank £400

New bank £800

Turnover needed before withdrawl £810.20

Onwards and upwards eh. Will hopefully have a decent ammount to donate in the end.
Report JackS December 2, 2009 10:49 AM GMT
Ponmeoath @ 10/1, £30.00 EW Single

Pandorama @ 7/2, £140.00 Single

Both are too big, I missed the 9/2 on Pandorama by seconds. Doh!

Ponmeoath is a speculative each way punt, price is too big with the way I read his form. Both horses are sure to relish todays conditions.

Fingers crossed.
Report JackS December 2, 2009 10:56 AM GMT
Sycho Fred @ 7/1
Stake: 100.00 Single
Potential Winnings: 700.00

Looks massive at 7/1 I have this between him and sydney sling. He is on off a feather weight and down in trip and better ground will help. A speculative one.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com