Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
main street usa
22 Nov 09 12:01
| Topic/replies: 18 | Blogger: main street usa's blog
just one man's opinion...

shouldn't 'commision' (what betfair makes off of t0te wagers) count towards the premium charge ?

for example, i wagered 996 pounds on the scoop 6 yesterday and without knowing the exact number...it is safe to say that betfair made a fair few quid because i made the wager on this site as opposed to somewhere else

since betfair is making money off of me that way as well, i think that it should count towards the premium charge
Pause Switch to Standard View premium charges/t0te betting
Show More
Report Feck N. Eejit November 22, 2009 12:13 PM GMT
What you're saying is, if you're a winner and you pay less of your winnings in commission than everyone else on the site then you should get 15% cashback on your scoop 6 bets but people who pay 25 to 100% of their winnings or have lost should get 0% cashback?

It would be a good idea from betfair's viewpoint if they wanted to lose the tote custom of all non-pc paying customers. Tote bets contribute nothing to exchange liquidity.
Report birch2 November 22, 2009 4:29 PM GMT
I think that the Poker playing PC payers on here, get a very rough deal, as this commission is not included in the calc

When you consider they take approx 10% of your 'stakes' (not 10% of profit) as commission, then hide behind 'its run by a seperate business name' is reprehensible

Just how much more squeezing are they planning/ capable of?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com