Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Okuma
14 Nov 09 17:41
| Topic/replies: 56 | Blogger: Okuma's blog
Does anyone know how this works? It doesn't seem to be on soccer markets but it looks like it's on boxing markets and others. Because the draw on Boxing is usually long odds it's possible to put up a bet on 1 boxer and get matched as a lay on the other. If that happens what bet do you get?
Pause Switch to Standard View Cross matching when there's 3 outcomes
Show More
Report The Investor November 14, 2009 5:48 PM GMT
Not sure if it answers your question, but you always get the bet you place regardless of how it gets matched. Betfair pocket the difference.
Report Knight Rider November 14, 2009 5:51 PM GMT
No one knows for sure, but there is a strong possibility that Betfair cross-matches bets on the two boxers and builds up a large free bet on The Draw.
Report Okuma November 14, 2009 6:17 PM GMT
Thanks, that's what I thought. I had a bet on the boxing last night that finished a draw, and it looked like my bet came up on the other side, no idea which got matched. It must be a bit of a problem on boxing markets in particular.
Report Okuma November 14, 2009 6:21 PM GMT
Or any markets really, someone must be getting poor value whenever they get a cross match bet when there's more than 2 outcomes.
Report scarecrow November 14, 2009 6:31 PM GMT
kr the superbot takes a bit of the draw as well if it can match to 100% even it does not care because one of the three options wins and they get their commision,sometimes there is even a little bit extra depending on the prices of each option which they also get.thats why 500 was matched for pennies last night in running.
Report s.s November 14, 2009 7:34 PM GMT
i read somewhere they made 5millon in one year ,got caught out had 1 year to say sorry for not telling us did on the last day i think.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com