Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Warton Warbler
12 Nov 09 07:59
| Topic/replies: 67 | Blogger: Warton Warbler's blog
I do actually think these premium charges are taking affect. The other place is not that far behind now I wonder if Betfair will be bothered.......I doubt it though.
Pause Switch to Standard View Other site Liquidity
Show More
Report rustyboy November 12, 2009 8:02 AM GMT
computer says no.
Report the eton rifles November 12, 2009 8:12 AM GMT
been like that for a while now
Report the eton rifles November 12, 2009 8:12 AM GMT
not in running though.
Report Warton Warbler November 12, 2009 8:16 AM GMT
Its alot better than it used to be and in % terms it has really caught up. It was about 10 to 15% of the Betfair markets before the off and now its nearer 50%.
Report Yojimbo November 12, 2009 8:17 AM GMT
warton, do they still calculate the matched volume differently?
Report Warton Warbler November 12, 2009 8:20 AM GMT
Not sure to be honest but I remember in running was nearly impossible to get matched unless odds were silly but even that has caught up. I will look at both again today as I am sure value can be found on the other site..........BIG plus was they have started me on 2.5 % for 3 months

Onwards and Upwards time will tell.
Report sevey November 12, 2009 8:31 AM GMT
jimbo yes they do
Report A Reasoned View November 12, 2009 8:37 AM GMT
I mainly trade football and it's 100% impossible to trade over there - virtually everyone is on Betfair. Even on horses, pre race, you can sit at front of queues and you still don't get taken - sometimes there looks like there's a bit of money over there but it's mainly dummy money floating about. If you're an out and out gambler you will be able to get on but trading is a non starter - if you want to make a decent few quid. Also as mentioned above their matched volumes are calculated much differently eg £2 on a 100/1 shot counts as £200 whereas it would be counted as £4 on here.
Report Okuma November 12, 2009 12:14 PM GMT
I think the other site has improved a lot but so has Betfair in a lot of major markets so they are still as far behind as ever imo. It would be good if they both calculated the matched amounts the same so we could compare, the daq method makes more sense. There's just no incentive for most to go to daq, but I think longterm it would benefit most if there was some competition.
Report Jimbo747 November 12, 2009 12:15 PM GMT
You just try in play trading on other place. Hillarious.
Report Hopeless bettor November 12, 2009 12:17 PM GMT
Daq layout is awful and it does not have the markets I need often.

Otherwise I would use it.
Report Okuma November 12, 2009 12:23 PM GMT
Some sort of union of punters is needed, then if anyone charges too much we go to someone else to match our bets unless charges are dropped.
Report marty44 November 12, 2009 2:02 PM GMT
inrunning is alive over there though. fallers are laid at 1000 and winners backed at 1.01, obviously for moderate amounts but there is activity there inrunning.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 12, 2009 2:31 PM GMT
In a moment of madness I decided to get that site up and trade Man U v Chelsea and compare it to the prices here. It is unbelievably dead and if you are a backer then you need to be slightly deranged and if you are a layer then you need to be slightly deranged as well.

The problem is that they have too few punters. :|

However, I still have £118 sitting there and I will look from time to time to maximise that number. That is a £18 profit to date. Shocking.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 12, 2009 2:38 PM GMT
They did have a 100.2 pink book sitting there on one of their markets the other day though. The trouble is that I needed a sub 50p bet on very big odds to pick money off that pavement.

Does anybody have a work around to lay small money at big odds at the purple place?
Report 1.01 Layer November 12, 2009 2:45 PM GMT
£1 minimum over there but no workaround I've found for smaller bets.
Never tried it but I suppose you could stick up a £2 bet and then take £1.xx of it to leave a small amount.
Report buzzer November 12, 2009 2:48 PM GMT
warton warbler banned?
had a rant on horse racing forum and not been seen since
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 12, 2009 2:53 PM GMT
1.01 Layer 12 Nov 15:45
£1 minimum over there but no workaround I've found for smaller bets.
Never tried it but I suppose you could stick up a £2 bet and then take £1.xx of it to leave a small amount.

They let me lay 50p on big odds. Maybe that is just because I am the special one. ;)

But to exploit a 500.0 chance I need to punt less than 50p. After all if you can get better money with a deposit with Northern Rock then why tie money up with a 50p lay bet?
Report lippy November 12, 2009 3:20 PM GMT
I use them for casual bets , however for my bread and butter trading its hopeless
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com