Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
NewbieGamblor
08 Nov 09 01:45
| Topic/replies: 11 | Blogger: NewbieGamblor's blog
I've wanted to try one of these for awhile, and since I've lost about half of what I managed to build up betting just £2 in the last couple of weeks, my last bet betting a little more than usual on Man City to beat Burnley, (doh) what better time than now to try it.

I'm trying to be realistic, instead of going for the £2 to £1 million like a lot of people do... I think there's a decent chance I can run it up to around £200. But we'll see. I wanna try and keep to 1.1 to 1.5 shots, only betting on football since that's the only sport I have a decent knowledge on. If you wanna join in please do, also if you have any tips/advice I'd appreciate it.

Okay here it goes, really hope I win my first bet or this will be slightly embarrassing.

Bet 1 Chelsea v Man Utd: Under 4.5 goals @1.13
Pause Switch to Standard View Why not... £17.31 to £200ish ALL IN
Show More
Report DirtyCashMoney November 8, 2009 3:05 AM GMT
I would never try going from £2 to £1million. All my betting challenges have a strict limit of £500k from a starting bank of £4
Report Hopeless bettor November 8, 2009 11:00 AM GMT
Good luck!
Report NewbieGamblor November 8, 2009 8:37 PM GMT
Bet 1 Chelsea v Man Utd: Under 4.5 goals @1.13 WON £19.45

Woot. Didn't want to lose my first bet.

Bet 2 Liverpool V Birmingham: Liverpool to win @1.37

Alright I'm a Liverpool fan, and I know it's been a pretty terrible so far, but I think this is a good game for us, with the international break coming up Rafa and the team will really wanna end on a good note. Even with the injuries I think Liverpool should win this quite comfortably, I'm sure Birmingham will park the bus, but so far this season when the 'smaller' teams have come to Anfield and parked the bus, they got battered, so hopefully tomorrow will be the same.
Report Hopeless bettor November 8, 2009 9:01 PM GMT
Ok, good luck again, but you shouldn't bet on any team you support ;-)
Report NewbieGamblor November 8, 2009 9:08 PM GMT
I can see how that could be a bad idea, I'll try to avoid it in the future. And thanks for the good luck. =D
Report NewbieGamblor November 9, 2009 9:11 PM GMT
I immediately regret this. xD

Ugh, **ing Liverpool, as soon as I saw the team sheet I got nervous, I was under the impression both Aquilani and Torres would be starting. Not sure which hurts more, the result or the loss of £19. Live and you learn I guess. I think I prefer small bets to going all in, so whenever I decide to deposit again I don't think I'll be trying another one of these challenges. Haha.

AT LEAST I DIDN'T LOSE THE FIRST BET, WOOOOO!1!!
Report Hopeless bettor November 9, 2009 9:20 PM GMT
Forgot to post my second tip, don't EVER bet on liverpool ;-)

Maybe try again?
Report Kamikaze City November 9, 2009 9:22 PM GMT
keep the faith Newbie
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com