Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
NewbieGamblor
08 Nov 09 01:45
| Topic/replies: 11 | Blogger: NewbieGamblor's blog
I've wanted to try one of these for awhile, and since I've lost about half of what I managed to build up betting just £2 in the last couple of weeks, my last bet betting a little more than usual on Man City to beat Burnley, (doh) what better time than now to try it.

I'm trying to be realistic, instead of going for the £2 to £1 million like a lot of people do... I think there's a decent chance I can run it up to around £200. But we'll see. I wanna try and keep to 1.1 to 1.5 shots, only betting on football since that's the only sport I have a decent knowledge on. If you wanna join in please do, also if you have any tips/advice I'd appreciate it.

Okay here it goes, really hope I win my first bet or this will be slightly embarrassing.

Bet 1 Chelsea v Man Utd: Under 4.5 goals @1.13

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 8
By:
DirtyCashMoney
When: 08 Nov 09 03:05
I would never try going from £2 to £1million. All my betting challenges have a strict limit of £500k from a starting bank of £4
By:
Hopeless bettor
When: 08 Nov 09 11:00
Good luck!
By:
NewbieGamblor
When: 08 Nov 09 20:37
Bet 1 Chelsea v Man Utd: Under 4.5 goals @1.13 WON £19.45

Woot. Didn't want to lose my first bet.

Bet 2 Liverpool V Birmingham: Liverpool to win @1.37

Alright I'm a Liverpool fan, and I know it's been a pretty terrible so far, but I think this is a good game for us, with the international break coming up Rafa and the team will really wanna end on a good note. Even with the injuries I think Liverpool should win this quite comfortably, I'm sure Birmingham will park the bus, but so far this season when the 'smaller' teams have come to Anfield and parked the bus, they got battered, so hopefully tomorrow will be the same.
By:
Hopeless bettor
When: 08 Nov 09 21:01
Ok, good luck again, but you shouldn't bet on any team you support ;-)
By:
NewbieGamblor
When: 08 Nov 09 21:08
I can see how that could be a bad idea, I'll try to avoid it in the future. And thanks for the good luck. =D
By:
NewbieGamblor
When: 09 Nov 09 21:11
I immediately regret this. xD

Ugh, **ing Liverpool, as soon as I saw the team sheet I got nervous, I was under the impression both Aquilani and Torres would be starting. Not sure which hurts more, the result or the loss of £19. Live and you learn I guess. I think I prefer small bets to going all in, so whenever I decide to deposit again I don't think I'll be trying another one of these challenges. Haha.

AT LEAST I DIDN'T LOSE THE FIRST BET, WOOOOO!1!!
By:
Hopeless bettor
When: 09 Nov 09 21:20
Forgot to post my second tip, don't EVER bet on liverpool ;-)

Maybe try again?
By:
Kamikaze City
When: 09 Nov 09 21:22
keep the faith Newbie
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo