Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wisewords
17 Jan 22 01:07
| Topic/replies: 529,369 | Blogger: wisewords's blog
Any ideas?

Surely a job Frank Lampard would accept if he was offered it?
Pause Switch to Standard View Next Everton Manager
Show More
Report Giuseppe January 26, 2022 6:26 PM GMT
didn't Lampard also say something like "you've only won one league title"?
Report Giuseppe January 26, 2022 6:38 PM GMT
Pereira is still favourite, just
Report MrMeaner January 26, 2022 6:53 PM GMT
Lampard repeatedly swore at Klopp and his backroom staff, at one point telling the German to 'f*** off' and 'sit down'. And the Chelsea legend was still fuming after the final whistle, branding Liverpool 'arrogant' in his post-match press conference.10 Jan 2021

Don't know about the 'only won one title' bit, but Klopp himself has actually won 3 league titles. All three of them won whilst competing in leagues that have financially stronger clubs - Bayern, City, Chelsea, United

Pity he forgot to mention too that Klopp has only won one Champions League.
Report Giuseppe January 26, 2022 7:05 PM GMT
yeah i saw the clip of lampard telling klopp to **** off, i think he says you only won one league title during the same exchange, taht was my point really, lampard came across a bit clueless
Report Giuseppe January 26, 2022 7:07 PM GMT
everton fans really unhappy right now

i think Pereira is the owner's first choice

will he change his mind and go with Frankie due to fan protests?
Report Giuseppe January 26, 2022 7:09 PM GMT
Fat Frankie fav again
Report MrMeaner January 26, 2022 7:16 PM GMT
In all seriousness though, what half-decent manager would Everton be able to attract based on their current situation ? They're not going to be able to employ someone who's currently doing a good job at another club because the season is only two thirds of the way through & no football club is going to let a good manager jump ship at this stage. The stakes are very high here. Get it wrong & the Championship looms for Everton. It's going to be a massive gamble whoever they take on.
Report Giuseppe January 26, 2022 7:18 PM GMT
nearly every manager in the world wants to work in the premier league

not many who would turn it down in my opinion

and it's not like they six points adrift in last place, they are unlikely to get relegated
Report Giuseppe January 26, 2022 7:19 PM GMT
Newcastle isn't in a great location for attracting foreigners but i think the northwest is fine
Report Giuseppe January 26, 2022 7:21 PM GMT
Everton's problem is they seem to be clueless when it comes to recruitment, both in terms of players and managers

a well run club would already know about several up and coming bright coaches on the continent

instead Everton are choosing between Joorabchian's mate and Frank ****g Lampard
Report Giuseppe January 26, 2022 7:22 PM GMT
they are lots of outstanding young coaches in Spain and Italy for example
Report Giuseppe January 26, 2022 7:22 PM GMT
and Portugal
Report Giuseppe January 26, 2022 9:42 PM GMT
Pereira's interview getting a lot of negative attention

did Moshiri ask him to do it though?

would be bizarre if he didn't

if he did, does that suggest he already has the job?
Report bungalow bill January 27, 2022 11:30 AM GMT
Lampard odds on now.

Maybe fan power is getting its way.

If I was a blue I'd rather have Rooney than Lampard, but time will tell.
Report rommel January 27, 2022 11:46 AM GMT
cant speak for blues but wouldnt fancy frank at all
Report Giuseppe January 27, 2022 8:55 PM GMT
final interviews tomorrow

Pereira, Frankie and Big Dunc

Rooney apparently doesn't want to go through a selection process and has turned down an approach
Report Giuseppe January 27, 2022 11:38 PM GMT
Ferguson now single figures Crazy
Report wisewords January 28, 2022 10:39 AM GMT
looks like Super Frank is heading to Goodison?
Report leazes67 January 28, 2022 12:50 PM GMT
out to 1.9.
Report gotitwrong- January 28, 2022 6:52 PM GMT
in to 1.4
Report Giuseppe January 28, 2022 9:09 PM GMT
Report Giuseppe January 28, 2022 9:10 PM GMT
what a bizarre appointment

a whole world of managers to choose from and they decide Lampard is the best option available
Report Giuseppe January 28, 2022 9:12 PM GMT
in a season and half he takes Chelsea from 9th to 3rd

Tuchel takes over and win the champions league four months later with the same players
Report Giuseppe January 28, 2022 9:12 PM GMT
in a season and half he takes Chelsea from 3rd to 9th
Report gotitwrong- January 28, 2022 9:38 PM GMT
he will do well if he can get everton to 9th
Report Giuseppe January 28, 2022 9:41 PM GMT
show show clueless the club is

only idea the owner had was Joorachian's man pereira

only one the board could come up with was Lampard

and Rooney and Duncan Ferguson were the other two on the list

Crazy

most managers in La Liga, Ligue 1, serie and the Bundesliga would have loved the Everton job
Report Giuseppe January 28, 2022 9:42 PM GMT
you have Liverpool with probbaly the best recruitment in the world, and Everton with the worst
Report G Hall January 28, 2022 10:41 PM GMT
A bit like a few years ago, when jp mcmanus racing managers were buying poor horses, and then rich richie, Alan posts etc buying all the good stuff from the same pool.
Report LoyalHoncho January 28, 2022 11:49 PM GMT
Ferguson would be a huge mistake.  In my view.
Report G Hall January 29, 2022 12:14 AM GMT
Better off with Alex
Report Racingqueen January 29, 2022 12:33 AM GMT
Evertons problem is fishing in the wrong pond buying cast offs like Gomes, Mina, Digne etc... and paying over the odds for Richarlison.

Think if clubs like them based their scouting networks in countries where the big clubs dont fish (Croatia, Serbia, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Japan, Korea etc...), they'd have better success. Their youth setup is quality
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 12:40 AM GMT
considering what a cluster**** the club is, has Lampard made a mistake joining?

if they go down his reputation may never recover
Report SontaranStratagem January 29, 2022 2:26 AM GMT
Lampard did an ok job at Chelsea to be fair

He deserves another chance
Report rommel January 29, 2022 5:14 AM GMT
lamps just doesnt seeem a fit at goodison,dont know what i'm basing that on tho
Report sparrow January 29, 2022 7:20 AM GMT
Most of the best managers started in the lower divisions where they gained real experience of management.
Report rommel January 29, 2022 8:18 AM GMT
maybe he aimed too high at chels and maybe this is more of the same,-dunno,learn the ropes in a lower division,make mistakes,learn....everton looks a massive project
Report The Dragon January 29, 2022 9:36 AM GMT
well thats agent rafas work completed. agent fat frank to take the blues downLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report rommel January 29, 2022 10:06 AM GMT
if ff gets it it might crush him
Report lurka January 29, 2022 10:27 AM GMT
Seems a bad move for Frank
Report MrMeaner January 29, 2022 10:43 AM GMT
Lampard did an ok job at Chelsea to be fair

He had a vastly superior team than the one he's possibly taking over.
Report GoBallistic January 29, 2022 11:34 AM GMT
I think he'd be a better long term appointment than any of theirs since Moyes (low bar I know). With Ancelotti, Benitez and Allardyce you wondered why they were there except for taking a wage. Silva and Koeman seemed to believe their own hype. Lampard won't be lacking for drive, ambition, has some experience now and has hopefully learned from mistakes. He hasn't achieved much in management but if he had he wouldn't be available to Everton. He's showed that he'll give young players a chance and improve them which is something that Everton have needed for a decade
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 29, 2022 11:44 AM GMT
Everton are a car crash.

Any owner that thinks Lampard is a good manager is going to get what they deserve.
Report lurka January 29, 2022 1:37 PM GMT
I wouldn't be so harsh on him for what happened at Chelsea. I don't think he wanted some of the signings the club made in his 2nd season. He certainly had to try to shoehorn them into his team and change his tactics/formation and it wouldn't be the first time Chelsea have done that to a manager. Lukaku might be another example.

Himself and Rooney are inexperienced but despite that they both have experience of working with severe transfer restrictions, which is gonna be the case at Everton.
Report DOUBLED January 29, 2022 2:29 PM GMT
Franks last PL team selection with the club 9th in the league January 2021 ;

16Mendy
24James
2Rüdiger
6Thiago Silva
21Chilwell
19Mount
17Kovacic
20Hudson-Odoi           Substituted for Werner at 68'minutes
29Havertz               Substituted for Ziyech at 67'minutesBooked at 89mins
10Pulisic
9Abraham

If he couldnt get a tune out of that quality squad then ????
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 4:31 PM GMT
surely there are better options than Lmpard in the premier league / championship / scotland
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 4:32 PM GMT
still no contract signed Confused
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 4:33 PM GMT
transfer window closing in 2 1/2 days
Report 11kv January 29, 2022 5:10 PM GMT
Probably told them who he wants to sign ,now its a waiting game .......

Don't worry Jody Morris will follow him there for a nice wage and kick big Dunc into touch...
Report 11kv January 29, 2022 5:11 PM GMT
By the way hope you punted him Wisewords...????
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 5:12 PM GMT
Morris won't be joining Frank apparently

last price matched 1.08
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 5:13 PM GMT
from Carlo Ancelotti to a shortlist of Wayne Rooney, Duncan Ferguson and Frank Lampard

you couldnt make this **** up
Report LoyalHoncho January 29, 2022 5:40 PM GMT
I thought he made some bad decisions lurka, a significant one of which was his dropping of Alonso.
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 5:43 PM GMT
why are Everton going to be under transfer restrictions? have they breached FFP?
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 5:43 PM GMT
Tuchel won the CL four months later with the same team for goodness sake
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 8:08 PM GMT
agreement reached and expected to be announced tomorrow

according to the papers amyway
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 8:10 PM GMT
lot of optimism among Everton fans over this appointment

Crazy
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 8:11 PM GMT
Cascarino was saying today he is a manager born with a silver spoon in his mouth

would never have got the Chelsea job without his playing record

same as would not have got the Everton job either
Report G Hall January 29, 2022 8:27 PM GMT
At least by being English, he won't receive any criticism in the media, be a big love in on sky and BBC for frank
Report lurka January 29, 2022 9:39 PM GMT
Not suggesting Frank is on the level of Tuchel.

Havertz had the fitness of a leper for at least 6 months after he joined. Werner one of the worst strikers Chelsea have ever had. Ziyech still poor. Chilwell was poor at the start too but he had to play him ahead of Alonso. Lampard had to fit them all into his team despite none of them deserving to be first choice at the time and I'd say some of them at least he didn't even want. Havertz, Werner and Ziyech are still not great even now.
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 9:41 PM GMT
he didn't pull up any trees at Derby either, he finsihed 6th, same as the year before he joined
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 9:41 PM GMT
at least Gerrad achieved something tangible at Rangers
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 9:43 PM GMT
Everton fans aren't teh brightest lot

they think Lampard achieved some kind of miracle finishing 4th with Chelsea
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 9:46 PM GMT
they also keep bringing up the fact he once told Klopp to **** off

at first i thought they were joking but this seems to genuinely be one of the reasons they like him so much
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 9:47 PM GMT
"once told Klopp to **** off that's enough for me"
Report rommel January 29, 2022 9:50 PM GMT
crap
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 9:53 PM GMT
Everton fans: Pereira is a usless journeyman Angry, Lampard is a miracle worker Love
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 9:55 PM GMT
you made your bed now you've got to lie in it toffees

Report Racingqueen January 30, 2022 12:15 AM GMT
Tuchel won the CL four months later with the same team for goodness sake

Di Matteo won a CL as well. Cup competitions have a luck element to them that the PL doesn't

If you ignore the CL, I don't think Tuchel has improved Chelsea all that much compared to Lampards timeked

Its 1.01 Tuchel will be sacked within next 12-18 months
Report Giuseppe January 30, 2022 12:19 AM GMT
was reading about that Anthony Barry coach fella

would be a big boost if Everton can get him too
Report lurka January 30, 2022 1:43 AM GMT
Tuchel has massively improved Chelsea compared to Lampard. But he was able to find a system which suited the players. Lampard played with a striker, Tuchel didn't and was much better on the defensive side and controlling games. His record in the league with the same squad last season was miles better too.
Report wisewords January 31, 2022 2:48 PM GMT
My hunch was spot on. shame I didn't make hundreds of thousands of pounds from it Cry
Report Giuseppe January 31, 2022 3:08 PM GMT
Paddy Jackson (rugby player) was found not guilty in a trial in 2018 and hasn't played for Ireland since

would probably be Ireland's first choice outhalf
Report Giuseppe January 31, 2022 3:08 PM GMT
RONG FRED
Report rommel January 31, 2022 3:16 PM GMT
read tony evans in the indy,everton is a shambles
Report LoyalHoncho February 1, 2022 3:03 AM GMT
Good luck Fat Frank.  Bringing in midfielders however won't plug the gaping holes in defence.
Report rommel February 1, 2022 8:51 AM GMT
last thing everton need is an unproven manager,now he's gotta turn round 2 players whose careers are down the tubes...loaves n fishes
Report G Hall February 1, 2022 9:48 AM GMT
Gotta give him a chance, what are the realistic expectations in the next 2.5 years, top 8 would be viewed as success imo, looking at where they are at now, and the players he has to work with.

If Mourinho, and Conte can't get anything out of Ali dele I can't see how Frank will.
Report lurka February 1, 2022 10:14 AM GMT
Alli is a gamble, but they only pay money (£12m) if he plays 20 games. Doesn't seem like much but if he doesn't get his act together quickly I'd be making sure he doesn't. The fee can rise to £30m plus if he and the team perform but I can't see them paying anything like that and it's only a 2.5 year deal so you'd think they'd be making sure he can't hit those targets next season with only a year left on his contract.

Seems to be structured smartly and to motivate him to perform.
Report GoBallistic February 1, 2022 10:41 AM GMT
Does he make it to 20 games or get stuck in limbo next season? Can't use him as a squad player on those terms
Report lurka February 1, 2022 10:56 AM GMT
They will still have to pay him wages for the full 2.5 years but maybe they're weighted towards performance/bonuses as well? Seems to be a recognition that they are taking a risk with him and aren't prepared to pay big if he underperforms. He is still only 25 and if he can't get his act together with that as motivation then he's finished and he knows it.
Report Racingqueen February 1, 2022 9:13 PM GMT
Most players have a peak period of 3/4 seasons. They may play well/ok for the rest of their career but their absolute peak will only last 3/4 seasons in most cases.

Alli has simply had his peak early in his career. His issue is as his own form dipped a little, the entire Spurs team dipped as well so has made him look worse.

He could well get to a point at Everton where he can get 8-10 goals a season and 5 assists etc... which would be a good level.

Take Alan Shearer. Had an amazing 4 seasons at Blackburn but never at any point gained that level at Newcastle. He played very well but not at his Blackburn peak even though he had a great long career.

Marcello Lippi was a great believer in teams/players have a shelf life of a few seasons. Take his Juve teams of the 90s....Won a CL with Sousa, Vialli, Ravenelli but sold them off knowing the only way was down with that group and brought in Vieri, Inzaghi, Zidane. Big fan of recycling the team
Report lurka February 1, 2022 10:26 PM GMT
Highly unusual for any player to have his peak aged 19-21. With Alli it appears to be physical too as well as attitude based. He was even quoted as saying that he wasn't as capable physically as he used to be when he was about 23.
Report Capt__F February 1, 2022 10:28 PM GMT
get rid natty dreads
Report Racingqueen February 1, 2022 10:48 PM GMT
Highly unusual for any player to have his peak aged 19-21. With Alli it appears to be physical too as well as attitude based. He was even quoted as saying that he wasn't as capable physically as he used to be when he was about 23.

Michael Owen said similar on BT. Once injuries kicked in he was looking after himself. The drive/hunger of his early years went.
Report Racingqueen February 1, 2022 11:05 PM GMT
its a reason imho why Spurs should have sold Kane and why Liverpool should maybe let Salah go if they get a big offer
Report lurka February 1, 2022 11:17 PM GMT
What injuries has Alli had?
Report Capt__F February 1, 2022 11:21 PM GMT
bad hair
Report LoyalHoncho February 2, 2022 4:28 AM GMT
I don't remember him saying that his "drive and hunger" went.  His ability to do what he could have done as a 17 year old went and his game shrunk.  That is something else.  I don;t think he ever went out without the drive and hunger to get on the ball and score.  He did though find it very much more difficult to do so effectively and frequently.
As for the loudmouth Shearer baiting him about "it" - he did exactly the same, as his late career form shows.
Report Racingqueen February 2, 2022 1:12 PM GMT
Lurka,
I'm not saying its only injuries. IT can be a vast array of reasons but the main point is in general players peak across 4/5 seasons. They may play well for the remainder of their career but the absolute peak is with exceptions 4/5 seasons

Loyal Honcho,
I'm not saying MO said his drive and hunger left but he did say that he would consciously avoid making runs, he would have made when he was younger. He stated he was saving himself for fear of injuring himself. Thats not a criticism btw. Its simply what happened specifically to MO to show how his own peak was limited and early in his career.

I was staggered as to why Spurs would keep Kane with £150m supposedly on the table. He's 28 and Spurs will not be winning a league in his career. They'll be lucky to win an FA/League Cup and WC next year could cause form issues. Go to end of the season after the WC and he's 31 ffs. Levy is clueless
Report lurka February 2, 2022 1:38 PM GMT
Alli had a recurrent hamstring injury about 3 years. It did coincide with his dip in form but it hasn't bothered him since. I think it has more to do with him mentally or off field issues than physical. A number of managers haven't been able to get the best out of him since.
Report Racingqueen February 2, 2022 2:11 PM GMT
I think a major issue as well was Spurs ineptitude in recruitment and their lack of ambition.

I suspect after they got to the CL final, the dressing room thought they would recruit well that summer and kick on but ended up with a massive dud in Ndomebele.

I'd say Alli is a bit bitter  with getting flack for his own performances/called out by the likes of Jose etc... whilst recruitment has been so bad.

Trippier has had a dig at Levy recently as well. As said recently, they went from Kyle Walker to Trippier to Aurier to no one at rightback. Eriksen not replaced, Dembele not replaced. Club is a joke. Buying older players from the likes of Wolves/Southampton is not a recipe for success
Report rommel February 2, 2022 2:57 PM GMT
if frank hasnt layed down that he has complete autonomy over team affairs then he'll be in trouble from the off
Report Racingqueen February 2, 2022 6:27 PM GMT
In fairness to Ali, no top club would allow Amazon to roll the cameras into the training ground and show one of their top players getting called lazy multiple times by the manager.

Spurs are a circus and Levy is the ringmaster.

if frank hasnt layed down that he has complete autonomy over team affairs then he'll be in trouble from the off

True. The benefit for Everton is Frank is young and ambitious. You appoint some auld lad like Pereira and they know the game inside out. Sign a £5m contract and get yourself sacked asap. Money for old rope.
Report rommel February 3, 2022 12:18 PM GMT
rq,there'll be no benefit to everton if bill k and moshiri(?)are sticking their oars in,it will be a mush of nothing=fail
Report LoyalHoncho February 5, 2022 4:54 AM GMT
But will they give him the five years minimum that is needed to turn this club around?  The club might want to but the fans are so unforgiving.  He arguably has two six pointers coming up in rapid succession - Newcastle away Feb 8th and Leeds at home 12th Feb.  Both these clubs look like they may have turned a corner so six pressure-easing points seems highly unlikely.  Like all these two-club-city jobs the one thing which will guarantee him a bit of time is a Derby win and the Anfield fixture on Apr 23rd is probably crucial to his long term prospects. But it doesn't look any more winable than ever from this viewpoint.
A massive job he's got on his hands and I wish him good luck.
Report Crisp77 February 8, 2022 10:17 PM GMT
They should have given Derby a few million for Rooney Sad
Report Racingqueen February 8, 2022 11:11 PM GMT
Colemans like a family dog, you’ve had him for years but he’s blind and **** all over the house but you let him cos you love him

Just heard on EFC phone in

Laugh
Report SontaranStratagem February 8, 2022 11:53 PM GMT
Rooney and his team at Derby have done a ridiculous job in giving them a chance of survival it’s bonkers they didn’t go for him to be honest, esp with lampard being a similar risk anyway

I suppose Rooney thinks he will be sought after if he keeps them up I guess

Derby fans will be wanting a statue of him outside pride park
Report LoyalHoncho February 9, 2022 2:51 PM GMT
RQ  Laugh  Fair assessment.  It's only just recently I've realised that he is looking more and more like his time is up.
Report Racingqueen February 9, 2022 3:40 PM GMT
I feel sorry for him. Great servant to that club and not his fault they spent no money on a future right back. He's had bad injuries as well. Decent club would have helped him get a payday in MLS etc... and moved on
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com